ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending IGS to PWS - Need advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sv
Newly Registered

Extending IGS to PWS - Need advice

Post by sv » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi Everybody,

Just need some help on this as i have bene reading two confusing pieces of information on the UK borders and immigration website.

I am currently on the IGS scheme for a year and will be looking to make a transitional arrangement to the PWS scheme soon. Can this application be done in person at a public enquiry office? On the HO website it says it can only be done via post but on the actual application form for PWS it states that you can apply in person for the PWS....is there anyone out there who has applied for the PWS in person at a public enquiry office recently and if so how much have they paid?

Thanks ..will appreciate any response !

TireOne
Newly Registered

Re: Extending IGS to PWS - Need advice

Post by TireOne » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:21 pm

sv wrote:Hi Everybody,

Just need some help on this as i have bene reading two confusing pieces of information on the UK borders and immigration website.

I am currently on the IGS scheme for a year and will be looking to make a transitional arrangement to the PWS scheme soon. Can this application be done in person at a public enquiry office? On the HO website it says it can only be done via post but on the actual application form for PWS it states that you can apply in person for the PWS....is there anyone out there who has applied for the PWS in person at a public enquiry office recently and if so how much have they paid?

Thanks ..will appreciate any response !
No sir currently there is no premium service available for applying under Tier-1 Post Study Work Transitional Arrangements which is from IGS - to - PSW. As it is stated that it is suspended and will be continue later;

check this out

Application in person
We do not currently offer this service. If you would like to apply under the post-study worker category, send it by post. The service for applying in person may be available in the future.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:54 am

U cant do it at the moment and it is clearly indicated in UKBA website there is no question about it.

hope this helps