ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance: No news = Good or Bad news?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peterpiper
Newly Registered

Entry Clearance: No news = Good or Bad news?

Post by peterpiper » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:33 am

Applying for entry clearance in Canberra for the UK, it's taken longer than the quoted time.

Does no news mean good news or bad news?

Are they looking for reasons to let me in or keep me out?

Has anyone been kept waiting then had their entry clearance granted?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Entry Clearance: No news = Good or Bad news?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:38 pm

peterpiper wrote:Applying for entry clearance in Canberra for the UK, it's taken longer than the quoted time.

Does no news mean good news or bad news?

Are they looking for reasons to let me in or keep me out?

Has anyone been kept waiting then had their entry clearance granted?
A small suggestion...

If you put your timelines.. it will help the few applicants from Oz on this board to respond..
increase probability of getting a reply with more clear info..
Cheers mate..

peterpiper
Newly Registered

Post by peterpiper » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:55 pm

makes sense doesn't it....

I was quoted "up to 25 business days" to process....
It's not been 32 business days they've had it... (not since I sent it, but since they've received it)

I'm waiting for a reply from the Canberra office. I'm told that I'll get an email from them, then another 5 days to print it and sent it over....

How much Longer???

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:36 am

peterpiper wrote:makes sense doesn't it....

I was quoted "up to 25 business days" to process....
It's not been 32 business days they've had it... (not since I sent it, but since they've received it)

I'm waiting for a reply from the Canberra office. I'm told that I'll get an email from them, then another 5 days to print it and sent it over....

How much Longer???
dont really know about canberra's processing timings but give them some more time cuz they normally says approximations otherwise try and get hold of them. may be they r waiting for some details.

cheers

peterpiper
Newly Registered

Post by peterpiper » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:16 am

dont really know about canberra's processing timings but give them some more time cuz they normally says approximations otherwise try and get hold of them. may be they r waiting for some details.

cheers[/quote]

Waiting on details? Would that be from me, as I've not heard anything back from them...

I've tried calling them last week. They said that it was being processed, can't tell me when they'll be done, but "could" hear during the week... Well that was last week, and still no news...

But in this case, is no news = good news???

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:59 pm

peterpiper wrote:
But in this case, is no news = good news???
I dont think so, there was some technical problem ,

website of british high commision in india is having this news,
http://ukinindia.fco.gov.uk/en/newsroom ... d=16332467

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:30 pm

peterpiper wrote:dont really know about canberra's processing timings but give them some more time cuz they normally says approximations otherwise try and get hold of them. may be they r waiting for some details.

cheers

Waiting on details? Would that be from me, as I've not heard anything back from them...

I've tried calling them last week. They said that it was being processed, can't tell me when they'll be done, but "could" hear during the week... Well that was last week, and still no news...

But in this case, is no news = good news???[/quote]

its really depend upon your case mate. if u can write down your distribution of points then i could Analise something..

peterpiper
Newly Registered

Post by peterpiper » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:46 pm

I don't have any points... I was issued a work permit in January.
The work permit was issued it the UK.
I suppose it's worth mentioning that my case mightn't be an open and shut case as I was illegal for 3 years (long story but I have an email from the Home Office that shows that there was confusion about my prior work permit) but I left the UK before the 1st October 2008 when there was a window for illegal aliens. I suppose reading that myself tells me there would delays of some sorts...