ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!!Lost my reference number letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Urgent!!Lost my reference number letter

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Dear all,

I sent my application (HSMP to Tier 1 G) on 23rd of March, but so far I haven't received my application confirmation letter. But HO has taken the money from my account on 24th of March.

I called them (0870 606 7766) last Thursday and I asked them what my reference number is but what they said is that they cannot give me any information until 6 weeks after i submitted my application.

I have sent a fax to them to request they send my reference letter again. And also I will call them again at the end of this week and call this number 0114 207 4074 as well.

Does there anyone have similar situation as me and how I can get my reference number?

Any advise will be appreciated.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:40 pm

HSMPnonJRtoT1

You need not to worry about anything. I have heard of cases where people never got there Reference number and had thir passport stamped. If you do not have your Reference number, I would say your Tracking number (you had when you sent the application by recorded delivery) is more than enough. That can also be used to track/locate your application. If I were you, I will sit back and relax for least 4 weeks frm the time of application

Thanks,
R

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:11 pm

raxs1983 wrote:HSMPnonJRtoT1
I would say your Tracking number (you had when you sent the application by recorded delivery) is more than enough. That can also be used to track/locate your application.
Thanks,
R
Do you mean to say that you can give your Royal Mail consignment number and HO will be able to update the status of your application on the basis of that number?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:22 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
I would say your Tracking number (you had when you sent the application by recorded delivery) is more than enough. That can also be used to track/locate your application.
Thanks,
R
Do you mean to say that you can give your Royal Mail consignment number and HO will be able to update the status of your application on the basis of that number?
Yes - I had done so whilst I was waiting for my Reference number.... It took me 2 and half week to get my Ref number via post

x

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:33 pm

You can call HO for the same. They will ask you the Royal Mail ref. no (and other secirty details) and can provide you the application reference no at the same time.
Reply from HO depends on condition whether they entertain call before 6 weeks which is pain.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:30 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
Thanks,
R
Yes - I had done so whilst I was waiting for my Reference number.... It took me 2 and half week to get my Ref number via post

x
Great. Wasn't aware of that.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

lionfly

Post by lionfly » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 am

What is the reference number for?

You can't use it to track progress on-line. Maybe you can use it when you ring them, but I would not call them unless sky is broken.

Where else I may need to use the reference number?

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Thanks guys,

The reason I need it is that I will need to change my address this week!!! I have to talk to them to change my address.

But without the reference number, am I able to do that?

Do I need to write a letter to them stated that my reference number is not available at the moment and then I provide my details? Are they able to change my address according to the details I provided?

Regards,

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:28 pm

HSMPnonJRtoT1 wrote:Thanks guys,

The reason I need it is that I will need to change my address this week!!! I have to talk to them to change my address.

Do I need to write a letter to them stated that my reference number is not available at the moment and then I provide my details? Are they able to change my address according to the details I provided?

Regards,
U can always try and do that. u should tell them your royal mail stuff aswell.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:29 pm

chetanojha wrote:You can call HO for the same. They will ask you the Royal Mail ref. no (and other secirty details) and can provide you the application reference no at the same time.
Reply from HO depends on condition whether they entertain call before 6 weeks which is pain.
thanks for sharing this...

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:33 pm

HSMPnonJRtoT1 wrote:The reason I need it is that I will need to change my address this week!!! I have to talk to them to change my address.

You will need to use "Change of Circumstances form" available on UKBA website, to inform the change in your address.

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:55 am

Hi nnj10,

I check UKBA website and there is only "Change of Circumstances form" for tier 1 post study available
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ancesform/

Can I use it for Tier 1 General? Or there is another form for Tier 1 General?

Thanks in advance.
nnj10 wrote:
HSMPnonJRtoT1 wrote:The reason I need it is that I will need to change my address this week!!! I have to talk to them to change my address.

You will need to use "Change of Circumstances form" available on UKBA website, to inform the change in your address.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 pm

HSMPnonJRtoT1 wrote:Hi nnj10,

I check UKBA website and there is only "Change of Circumstances form" for tier 1 post study available
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ancesform/

Can I use it for Tier 1 General? Or there is another form for Tier 1 General?

Thanks in advance.
nnj10 wrote:

Hi HSMPnonJRtoT1,

You can download "Change of Circumstances form" for Tier-1 (General) from UKBA Website at the below link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header1

It might be a common "Change of Circumstances form" for all Tiers, see the form download link on the top right side of the page on the above link.