ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -> Naturalisation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rakushka
Newly Registered

ILR -> Naturalisation

Post by rakushka » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Hello!

I got confused as different lawers say different things.

I'm in the UK for 6 years legally, where 2 out of them as a spuse of a British Citizen. Can I apply for naturalisation the next day after I receive ILR and not to wait for 1 more year?

many thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR -> Naturalisation

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:37 pm

rakushka wrote:Hello!

I got confused as different lawers say different things.

I'm in the UK for 6 years legally, where 2 out of them as a spuse of a British Citizen. Can I apply for naturalisation the next day after I receive ILR and not to wait for 1 more year?

many thanks.
I think so but only if u are still married to or more accurately still in a relationship with the spouse. I'm slightly on the edge of my knowledge here tho....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rakushka
Newly Registered

Re: ILR -> Naturalisation

Post by rakushka » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Wanderer wrote:
rakushka wrote:Hello!

I think so but only if u are still married to or more accurately still in a relationship with the spouse. I'm slightly on the edge of my knowledge here tho....

|Hi,

Yes, I am, and it's all fine. I was on HSMP before and switched to spouse when i got married, if this info helps.