ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HUDSONBRS
Newly Registered

Post by HUDSONBRS » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:00 pm

kampk121
Sorry kampk121 I’ve misunderstood the names.
What I mean is that is much better to send all original documents to the Home Office as soon as we can than to wait to the case worker to ask us to send it. As I guess that you know that the Home Office is already very slow when processing EEA2 applications even when we send all original support documents.
Davis. I haven’t received it yet. In the end of April it’s going to turn 6 months.
As kampk121 already said EEA NATIONAL'S Employment is most important!
Good Luck to all.

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Re: Best Easter Gift from Home Office!!!

Post by ameyalondon » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:17 am

hey congrats on passport and residency card.

willbe great if u guys can look into my questions and got any suggestions.

I am Indian national (student)and got married to my polish girlfriend. I applied for eea2 (solicitor posted it on 27th of march.) I know tht I might have to wait for many months coz back log n all.

I am working part time at the moment. can I start working full time as I am EUspouse now?

does COA allow me to work full time?

maximum hw long would it take for COA to come?

AncientAlien

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:17 am

ameyalondon wrote:hey congrats on passport and residency card.

willbe great if u guys can look into my questions and got any suggestions.

I am Indian national (student)and got married to my polish girlfriend. I applied for eea2 (solicitor posted it on 27th of march.) I know tht I might have to wait for many months coz back log n all.

I am working part time at the moment. can I start working full time as I am EUspouse now?

does COA allow me to work full time?

maximum hw long would it take for COA to come?
Hi
You should get the CoA between 3-6weeks after submiting your original application. You can work full time and stay in the UK as long as your Polish husband is exercising his EEA treaty rights here in the UK by working or being self employed. Also, you didn't explain what type of marriage you did, was it in the church? If yes? Was it in Church of England? Do you have the long green/white UK marriage certificate? These are the factors that will determine what type of CoA you are given by the HO. If you answered YES to all the questions I asked, or if you married in a recognised registry, then you will have the rights to work etc
However, if you did not marry in a recognised institution you may be issued the CoA with restrictions on working in the UK.
Some CoA, for example the ones given to unmarried partners of EEA nationals, are not with the privilege to work.

Basically, if your marriage is considered valid and genuine and your spouce is exercising his EEA treaty rights in the UK, then you have EXACTLY the same rights as your EEA husband.
By the way, you could have saved money by applying yourself instead of going through a solicitor! :D
Last edited by AncientAlien on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:01 pm

thx a lot for ur reply..

well i got married in council..as I am not catholic.n they issued me some green colour marriage certificate.. my wife is here last 4 years n 9 months.
well now i m really worried wat kind of COA is gonna come through. i want to work full time asap but .......wat do u think from experiences?
cheers

AncientAlien

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:00 pm

ameyalondon wrote:thx a lot for ur reply..

well i got married in council..as I am not catholic.n they issued me some green colour marriage certificate.. my wife is here last 4 years n 9 months.
well now i m really worried wat kind of COA is gonna come through. i want to work full time asap but .......wat do u think from experiences?
cheers
It sounds like you had a registry marriage and I guess you were issued a 'proper' UK marriage certificate in which case you will be given the CoA that allows you work. :D
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

kampk121

Post by kampk121 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi AncientAlien, Cogratulation on ur Success. u must be quite Cheerful.
I have a question plz. when did u send ur last documents to HO in Feb which date? and how long after u think ur case was decided?
U mentioned in ur some posts if I got it right, that HO miss spelled ur name on the COA? How and when was this sorted plz a little detail will be reaally very helpful. as I found out on my last letter from HO, asking for more documnets in March, my name and Surname where other way around. I compalined through Email 2 weeks before. still no updates...
can u guess in ur experience what going on????
couldnt enjoy Easter very said :cry:

enihat
Newly Registered

hi everyone, Can you please send me the complaint copy

Post by enihat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Can you please send me the complaint copy

I have applied for eea2 on 29 July2008, the case worker received it on October, so do you have any idea how long I will wait more, do you count from the day they recieve it or from the day you apply, many thanks

enihat@yahoo/com

AncientAlien

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:40 pm

kampk121 wrote:Hi AncientAlien, Cogratulation on ur Success. u must be quite Cheerful.
I have a question plz. when did u send ur last documents to HO in Feb which date? and how long after u think ur case was decided?
U mentioned in ur some posts if I got it right, that HO miss spelled ur name on the COA? How and when was this sorted plz a little detail will be reaally very helpful. as I found out on my last letter from HO, asking for more documnets in March, my name and Surname where other way around. I compalined through Email 2 weeks before. still no updates...
can u guess in ur experience what going on????
couldnt enjoy Easter very said :cry:
Hi
I sent the last documents to HO on 6/2/09, I think my case was decided several weeks after.
I wrote a letter to the HO and I recorded it for delivery it cost less than £1 and explained the mispelling of my name, I also faxed copies of the letter to ALL home office Fax numbers that I had at the time.
You need to send a recorded-delivered letter to HO stating the correct spelling of your name and follow it up with telephone calls to HO to be sure that they got it right. Good luck :roll:
Last edited by AncientAlien on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AncientAlien

Re: hi everyone, Can you please send me the complaint copy

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:51 pm

enihat wrote:Can you please send me the complaint copy

I have applied for eea2 on 29 July2008, the case worker received it on October, so do you have any idea how long I will wait more, do you count from the day they recieve it or from the day you apply, many thanks

enihat@yahoo/com
To be honest with you, there is nothing special about the letter I wrote.
(A sample of my letter can be seen below, please DO NOT USE THE SAME ADDRESS and make sure it is more than 6months after your original application was submitted, otherwise it would be an abuse of the system)
Once the 6 months mark had passed I just wrote something along the lines of:(The names have been changed, for obvious reasons)

Mr Alien Rehceedentt
XXXXXXXX Office
Liverpool
LXX 3XX

Dear Mr Rehceedentt
I am writing with regards to my EEA2 application which I submitted 0n 19th July 2008. Unfortunately, I am still waiting to receive my passport back with the EEA2 RC attached. This has caused me and my spouse a lot of emotional and psychological distress.
Although I appreciate that the HO is busy with unprecedented volumes of application in this category, I trust that the officials are well equipped to effectively cope with the workload and I sincerely hope that they will continue to maintain the 'first come, first serve' standard principles of equal opportunities regarding the applications.
Suffice it to say that any further delays would mean that the UK BIA is obviously in violation of the relevant and applicable EEA Regulations; I will therefore be most grateful if you would process my application as a matter of urgency.
Please let me know what you will reply.

Yours Faithfully

AncientAlien :roll:
Last edited by AncientAlien on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:01 am, edited 6 times in total.

enihat
Newly Registered

Post by enihat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:20 pm

AncientAlien wrote:
enihat wrote:Can you please send me the complaint copy

enihat@yahoo/com
To be honest with you, there is nothing special about the letter I wrote.
Once the 6 months mark had passed I just wrote something along the lines of:(The names have been changes, for obvious reasons)

kevin Phillips
EEA2 Office
Liverpool
L2

Dear K. Phillips
I am writing with regards to my EEA2 application which I submitted 0n 6th August 2008. Unfortunately, I am still waiting to receive my passport back with the EEA2 RC attached. This has caused me and my spouse a lot of emotional and psychological distress.
Although I appreciate that the HO is busy with unprecedented volumes of application in this category, I trust that the officials are capable of effectively coping with the workload and I sincerely hope that they will adopt the first come first serve standard of equal opportunities.
I will therefore be most grateful if you would process my application as a matter of urgency as you are also aware that any further delays would mean that the UK BIA is blatantly in violation of the relevant and applicable EEA Regulations.
Should you require any further info. please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your usual cooperation.
Yours Faithfully
AncientAlien :roll:

Thank you very much for your help, shall I fax the complaint letter or better mail it to the address you mentioned and if you dont mind I will ask you 2 more questions;

1. when did you send your application? is it August 2008? or the case worker received it at that day?

2. Did they ask you to send additional documents or you send them yourself?

Many Thanks,
Nihat

AncientAlien

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:42 pm

Thank you very much for your help, shall I fax the complaint letter or better mail it to the address you mentioned and if you dont mind I will ask you 2 more questions;

You NEED to fax it to ALL the Home office fax numbers that youhave, then it is also a good idea to send it to the address that your CoA was sent from. The address on the letter I posted is a SAMPLE, it is Not a real address:? DO NOT SEND IT TO THE ADDRESS THAT I MENTIONED!!

1. when did you send your application? is it August 2008? or the case worker received it at that day?

I sent it in early August, I don't remember the exact date but they received it 2 days later.

Please note that no two cases/applications are the same, therefore I don't expect that it will take exactly the same timeline to process your application as it took to do mine. But if you insist, my documents

2. Did they ask you to send additional documents or you send them yourself?

In my original application, I included my passport, wife's passport, Wife's EEA1 Document and Marriage certificate....Then when they requested for additional documents, I started to send them off, one by one, as they were asked. (Please look around for the details of the additional documents that was demanded of me)

Good luck, Mate :roll:

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:34 am

thx a lot ancient..it takes a bit of load away..i will keep u updated..take care ..regards

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 am

AncientAlien wrote:
kampk121 wrote:thank you, i will definitely do that. does anyone knows how long the EEA2 application process takes at the moment?.[/quotthe

Average time is now 9-10 months..
what I found out of the forum, that , If u complain to the NWCSU soon after the 6 months passed! it could take max six weeks after their contact back in most cases....
but end of the day U never know what to expect from HO :lol:
What I believe in, is to be positive and to be patience. it will pay off at the end.....
there is always light after the dark...
lets not lose the faith in God.....

Today, I, AncientAlien, got my passport back from the HO with the 5 years Resident stamp on it! I applied in early August 2008 and submitted additional docs in Feb 2009. I wrote in and faxed a few 6months reminder letter and when I phoned in last week, they said "It is done..Your docs will be with you within so-so days"
It was a long wait but it was worth the effort, I thank everyone who has been instrumental to my success and even those who were not so helpful.
I can help with any EEA2 related questions you may have. Happy easter Holiday. AncientAlien :P

congrats man...good job done...its check mate for U...
I have also submitted eea2 on 7th aug.... but not even asked for any documents from HO yet... and last time i called they said we r doing April cases which i think is b***shit. i now wrote to my MP and also 2nd complain to HO week ago.. let see if it spark anything :)

AncientAlien

Post by AncientAlien » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:04 am

congrats man...good job done...its check mate for U...
I have also submitted eea2 on 7th aug.... but not even asked for any documents from HO yet... and last time i called they said we r doing April cases which i think is b***shit. i now wrote to my MP and also 2nd complain to HO week ago.. let see if it spark anything :)[/quote]

Thanks Mate
My advise to you is to fax your letters to ALL home office fax numbers that you can come across and also when you send this letters, PLEASE send them by 'recorded-delivery', this way, they have to sign for it before collection and they cannot deny that they didn't get it.
It is important that you phone in every-now-and-then plus don't worry too much about what they actually tell you, what matters is that your every call is logged and statistics can play in your favour. Use a soft, pleading one in your letters and draw their attention to the fact that it is a violation of the relevant EEA Regulations to delay your application any longer etc.
Send them a faxed/registered-delivery letter every Thursday.
Good luck :)

Davis

Post by Davis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:07 pm

AncientAlien wrote:
kampk121 wrote:thank you, i will definitely do that. does anyone knows how long the EEA2 application process takes at the moment?.[/quotthe

Average time is now 9-10 months..
what I found out of the forum, that , If u complain to the NWCSU soon after the 6 months passed! it could take max six weeks after their contact back in most cases....
but end of the day U never know what to expect from HO :lol:
What I believe in, is to be positive and to be patience. it will pay off at the end.....
there is always light after the dark...
lets not lose the faith in God.....

Today, I, AncientAlien, got my passport back from the HO with the 5 years Resident stamp on it! I applied in early August 2008 and submitted additional docs in Feb 2009. I wrote in and faxed a few 6months reminder letter and when I phoned in last week, they said "It is done..Your docs will be with you within so-so days"
It was a long wait but it was worth the effort, I thank everyone who has been instrumental to my success and even those who were not so helpful.
I can help with any EEA2 related questions you may have. Happy easter Holiday. AncientAlien :P
hi AncientAlien,

congratulation on your RC success man, i rejoice with you and i wish everyone speedy process from the HO. i have few questions regarding marriages,

1. my marriage was a registry type, also not executed in UK, it was carried out from my home country in april 2006 before i came here as a student in july 2006 due to delayed in FMRS application, my spouse lived here for ten years before i came as an international student.
is this recognised here for the RC application?.

2. i have few evidence dated back to 2006, contract of employments, mortgage agreement from my home country and a joint bank account before we met and got married. does all this count?

3. what evidences could be required for my three years in UK, im graduating this june and my student visa runs out june 12th 09. but ive applied for RC April 2nd.

would be grateful if anyone could shed more light on this.

thanks a lot to you all.

AncientAlien

Post by AncientAlien » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:58 pm

hi AncientAlien,

Greetings, Brotherman

congratulation on your RC success man, i rejoice with you and i wish everyone speedy process from the HO. i have few questions regarding marriages,

Thanks

1. my marriage was a registry type, also not executed in UK, it was carried out from my home country in april 2006 before i came here as a student in july 2006 due to delayed in FMRS application, my spouse lived here for ten years before i came as an international student.

I suppose your marriage is of the recognised type by the HO

2. i have few evidence dated back to 2006, contract of employments, mortgage agreement from my home country and a joint bank account before we met and got married. does all this count?

All evidence that you have will certainly count in your favour, plus the fact that you have a joint bank account. I have a joint account with my wife too but, guess what? Home office NEVER asked us for it, all they concentrated on was the documents from the EEA national (my wife).

3. what evidences could be required for my three years in UK, im graduating this june and my student visa runs out june 12th 09. but ive applied for RC April 2nd.

Check out the UK BIA website for the documents requested and you need NOT supply more docs to the HO than they specifically ask for.

I hope I have been helpful

thanks a lot to you all.[/quote]

Thank you for thanking me :lol:

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 pm

i think calling every week or faxing is the right idea....

Davis

Post by Davis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 pm

AncientAlien wrote:hi AncientAlien,

Greetings, Brotherman

Thanks

I suppose your marriage is of the recognised type by the HO

All evidence that you have will certainly count in your favour, plus the fact that you have a joint bank account. I have a joint account with my wife too but, guess what? Home office NEVER asked us for it, all they concentrated on was the documents from the EEA national (my wife).

Check out the UK BIA website for the documents requested and you need NOT supply more docs to the HO than they specifically ask for.

I hope I have been helpful

thanks a lot to you all.
Thank you for thanking me :lol:[/quote]

hi there,

great stuff. how would my spouse "job seeker's benefits" she got earlier this year(when she was looking for another job) be treated? does it affects both applications EEA1 & 2. can she continue getting it. she has a Part Time(agency) job now.

thanks.

AncientAlien

Post by AncientAlien » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 am

hi there,

great stuff. how would my spouse "job seeker's benefits" she got earlier this year(when she was looking for another job) be treated? does it affects both applications EEA1 & 2. can she continue getting it. she has a Part Time(agency) job now.

thanks.[/quote]

Hi Mate

I totally understand your concerns and I think according to the EEA laws, you should be fine if the EEA national is exercising his/her treaty rights in the UK. This treaty rights can be exercised by working, Getting Job seekers allowance whilst searching for work and as a student. Do check out the UK BIA's European caseworker instructions on their webpage. There you will find specific instructions regarding your worries.
I can tell you that my wife completed her 12months mandatory emplloyment in the UK since 2006, she completed her EEA1 registration process in Feb 2007 and I applied in August 2008 and got RC on Easter Saturday 2009 :lol:
Please note that closer to the time when your RC will be issued, you may be asked to provide further proof that your spouse is still exercising treat rights, and the best option for doing that is to find proper full time paid work :roll: But as I said earlier, I think you will be fine as long as she is 'registered unemployed and seeking employment' with the Jobcentre
Plus you said she is part time employed, that is good enough as far as I am aware.
Good luck
ModernAlien 8)

Davis

Post by Davis » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:21 am

AncientAlien wrote:hi there,

thanks.

Hi Mate

I totally understand your concerns and I think according to the EEA laws, you should be fine if the EEA national is exercising his/her treaty rights in the UK. This treaty rights can be exercised by working, Getting Job seekers allowance whilst searching for work and as a student. Do check out the UK BIA's European caseworker instructions on their webpage. There you will find specific instructions regarding your worries.
I can tell you that my wife completed her 12months mandatory emplloyment in the UK since 2006, she completed her EEA1 registration process in Feb 2007 and I applied in August 2008 and got RC on Easter Saturday 2009 :lol:
Please note that closer to the time when your RC will be issued, you may be asked to provide further proof that your spouse is still exercising treat rights, and the best option for doing that is to find proper full time paid work :roll: But as I said earlier, I think you will be fine as long as she is 'registered unemployed and seeking employment' with the Jobcentre
Plus you said she is part time employed, that is good enough as far as I am aware.
Good luck
ModernAlien 8)[/quote]

hello,

ive looked at the Caseworker Instructions and it was a big relieve, it provides 90% answers to all my questions. infact it says somewhere that if you have a RC you do not require visas to any european countries, i doubt if this is true in reality.

big thanks.

ameyalondon
Newly Registered

Post by ameyalondon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Hello guys,

sorry ancient i dint realise tht u got things sorted. big congratulations for that.
My wife is Polish and I applied for eea2 2 weeks back. I have just realised that after 3 months she is completing 5 years in UK.

My question is

-can we still apply for Indefinite leave to remain for her after 3 months?
-if she gets ILR then do I get leave to remain for 10 years?(unless I read it wrong)
-if answer is 'yes' for previous question is it good idea to apply now?

AncientAlien

Post by AncientAlien » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 pm

ameyalondon wrote:Hello guys,

sorry ancient i dint realise tht u got things sorted. big congratulations for that.
My wife is Polish and I applied for eea2 2 weeks back. I have just realised that after 3 months she is completing 5 years in UK.

My question is

-can we still apply for Indefinite leave to remain for her after 3 months?
-if she gets ILR then do I get leave to remain for 10 years?(unless I read it wrong)
-if answer is 'yes' for previous question is it good idea to apply now?
To be honest, mate.
I know next to nothing regarding the ILR side of things :?

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Do not let them just make you wait for as long as they want. Make them pay you for them doing so http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=38151

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Post by benbmxer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi dear friends,

I am so happy to have found this forum cause now I am aware of all what I am about to go through this coming year. My situation is as follows:

I am a Bolivian citizen studying in UK in an erasmus exchange programme and finishing Univ this year (I've been studying in France for the last 4 years). I have a student visa in UK valid until October 2009 which doesn't allow me to work (not even 20 hours per week).
My fiancée is Italian and she is working in UK full time since sept 2008. We are getting married in August 2009 in Italy but after that we want to live in UK.
I understand I have to apply for a residence card (using EEA2 app form) and we will do it in August but, can I stay in UK if my student VISA expires in Oct 09 and I have no COA yet? I could see in the forum that it takes an average time of 2 to 3 months to get this COA (my future wife will be in UK). If yes, will I be entitled to work before receiving it?. And after receiving it?.

Could anyone tell me in which precise situation should I get a family permit? is it only when I am entering for the first time to UK with my wife?

In February 2010, we are planning to go on holidays in Bolivia, I know I won't have my RC in February, do I need a family permit for this travel o just the COA will be enough in order to enter to UK without problems?

Finally could anyone share which extra documents do they ask usually after several months have passed? probably I can send them the first time eveything they want including the extra things commonly asked after the app is submitted. Maybe this speed a bit the process.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience here, for your precious information and help and I wish the best of luck to those who are waiting for their RC's....I'll be soon in your shoes :? .

Congrats to those who have theirs already!
Cheers

ribena

Post by ribena » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi Guys,
I want to confirm if the non eea family is applying as worker for the eea2 application and HO requested proof of eea familymember exercising treaty right in UK, will just the wage slip for the non eea family member be sufficient?

i think i read it in here somewhere but i can't seems to find the specific post that say non eea applicant as worker and eea as self sufficient

thanks