ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi VK82,

They didn't called anybody. I am working as contractor so I provided details of my accountant and my previous employer, but nobody received any call from home office.

I am expecting delivery by tomorrow....Hope it is approved.

VK82 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:*********** MY TIMELINES***************
HSMP -> Tier 1(Extension)
Applied for Extension: 02/03/2009
Application Reached HO: 03/02/2009
Money Deducted: 05/03/2009
Confirmation Letter Recd.:06/03/2009 (Letter Dated 03/03/2009)
Dispatched: 09/04/2009

Awaiting positively for delivery. Guess it takes 2-3 days by Recorded Signed Delivery
Good luck Chetan, just a quick question....are you aware of any verification done with your employer by HO? Just checking how often do they do employer verification as my employer hasnt been contacted yet.

Thanks

VK82

Post by VK82 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Definately it will be approved, thanks for the reply Chetan.

miki

Post by miki » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Update -
Timelines..

Category: HSMP to Tier 1 (Extention)
Applied: 18 Feb 2009
Reached HO as Dated on Ref. letter : 19th Feb 2009
Visa Expired: 5 March 2009
Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.
2nd Apr (6 weeks completed) - Awaiting Further Consideration
3rd Apr - Under Consideration
6th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
7th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
8th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
9th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
14th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
15th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Thanks wp_to_tier1_82.. and one thing to confirm...

HO DID NOT CALL ANY OF MY EMPLOYER....

wp_to_tier1_82 wrote:
T_mahmood wrote:*********MY TIME LINES************

Applied: 23 January 2009
Reached HO: 26th Jan 2009
Visa Expired: 13 March 2009
Visa Status from: 1st March 2009 to 06th April: From AWT to UC to AWT
Faxed Urgent Treatment form: 7th April 2009 (Sent Employer letter and ticket)
Approval Date: 07 April 2009
Documents Received: 11 April 2009.

Thanks every body and wish best of luck to all those who are waiting.
Hi T_mahmood, happy to hear the good news. Congrats mate!!
Thinking low is crime....

ars
Newly Registered

Help required: How to check tier 1 application status

Post by ars » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:50 am

Hi,

I have applied to switch from WP to tier 1 (PBS) on 13-Mar-09. I received the reference number but do not have any further updates.

I want to check the progress of my application as I'm attending interviews and have to provide my visa status.
I tried calling the Homeoffice number but couldn't get the status as the 6 weeks are not completed yet.

I have seen few applicants in this forum posting the status before 6 weeks and quite curious know how can the status be inquired.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
ARS

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Not sure if you can do it. As HO refuse to provide any info before 6 weeks to me.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Help required: How to check tier 1 application status

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:24 pm

ars wrote:Hi,

I have applied to switch from WP to tier 1 (PBS) on 13-Mar-09. I received the reference number but do not have any further updates.

I want to check the progress of my application as I'm attending interviews and have to provide my visa status.
I tried calling the Homeoffice number but couldn't get the status as the 6 weeks are not completed yet.

I have seen few applicants in this forum posting the status before 6 weeks and quite curious know how can the status be inquired.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
ARS
ARS...

It is very difficult in many or all cases to get status before 6weeks.. 1-2day minus is possible though.. i think you acn call the HO 23rd or 24th to start knowing ur status by calling HO..
cheers

AlwaysCool
Newly Registered

Post by AlwaysCool » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi ,

How can I check the current status of the application? Is there any tracker available or need to call HO?

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Only way to check is to call HO. HO is not providing any info before 6 weeks.

AlwaysCool wrote:Hi ,

How can I check the current status of the application? Is there any tracker available or need to call HO?

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Guys,

Any idea how long does it take Signed Delivery (not Special Delivery) to reach? HO despatched my documents on 9th April. I am still waiting for it. I can understand there was long weekend, but does it take 4-7 days to reach??

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:28 pm

chetanojha wrote:Guys,

Any idea how long does it take Signed Delivery (not Special Delivery) to reach? HO despatched my documents on 9th April. I am still waiting for it. I can understand there was long weekend, but does it take 4-7 days to reach??
I would assume they might have got quite a lot long weekend backlog to clear up. Did you call up royal mail about the documents quoting delivery number ....

samnazeer
Newly Registered

HSMP->tier 1

Post by samnazeer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi VK82

MY HR didnot recieved any call from HO.
But i had sent an urgent treatment form and even faxed them.(Offer Letter), i got my visa in 4 weeks.

Regards
Samnazeer

VK82

Re: HSMP->tier 1

Post by VK82 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:03 pm

samnazeer wrote:Hi VK82

MY HR didnot recieved any call from HO.
But i had sent an urgent treatment form and even faxed them.(Offer Letter), i got my visa in 4 weeks.

Regards
Samnazeer
Thanks Samna

mclaren
Newly Registered

Post by mclaren » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Called HO today evening, they gave me a tracking number. It was posted yesterday.

Praying for the good news..will collect tomm morning.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Did HO gave you traking no of Signed For delivery or you sent Special Delivery envelope with you appplication?

mclaren wrote:Called HO today evening, they gave me a tracking number. It was posted yesterday.

Praying for the good news..will collect tomm morning.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Yes I called Royal Mail and they said, tracking no is only used "after" delivery to make sure it is delivered. The refernece no. should be called "delivery receipt" instead of tracking no.

destiniation_london wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Guys,

I would assume they might have got quite a lot long weekend backlog to clear up. Did you call up royal mail about the documents quoting delivery number ....

miki

Post by miki » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Update -
Timelines..

Applied: 18 Feb 2009
Reached HO as Dated on Ref. letter : 19th Feb 2009
Visa Expired: 5 March 2009
Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.
2nd Apr (6 weeks completed) - Awaiting Further Consideration
3rd Apr - Under Consideration (Morning)
6th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
7th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
8th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
9th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
14th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
15th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
16th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)

miki

Post by miki » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:20 pm

mclaren and chetanojha --- Guys All the Best. Waiting for good news.

mclaren
Newly Registered

Post by mclaren » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks miki...

chetanojha-> i didnt attach any special deli envelope....but quite suprised, they posted on wednes evening, got a "you were out letter" on thursday 10.30 am...

Went to delivery office at 7am today...they told me to wait for another 24 hrs ...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Not sure where is my package. HO posted it on 9th April which was followed by easter weekend. I inquired with my postman and he confirmed that he did not received any such mail in post room.
I am now concerned(or panic might be the right word). Another friend of mine had similar case where documents were posted to him just before the long weekend and were lost.

mclaren wrote:Thanks miki...

chetanojha-> i didnt attach any special deli envelope....but quite suprised, they posted on wednes evening, got a "you were out letter" on thursday 10.30 am...

Went to delivery office at 7am today...they told me to wait for another 24 hrs ...

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:43 pm

[quote="chetanojha"]Not sure where is my package. HO posted it on 9th April which was followed by easter weekend. I inquired with my postman and he confirmed that he did not received any such mail in post room.
I am now concerned(or panic might be the right word). Another friend of mine had similar case where documents were posted to him just before the long weekend and were lost.

Chetan, two messages I am aware of on Royal Mail website before an item is delivered on entering the tracking number are: 'we have received your item' and 'your item is on its way'. Best way forward is to ring Royal mail and explain them how precious your documents are.
Good luck!

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Here is another messages:

Recorded Signed Forâ„¢ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Information on your item is not yet available online.

VK82 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Not sure where is my package. HO posted it on 9th April which was followed by easter weekend. I inquired with my postman and he confirmed that he did not received any such mail in post room.
Chetan, two messages I am aware of on Royal Mail website before an item is delivered on entering the tracking number are: 'we have received your item' and 'your item is on its way'. Best way forward is to ring Royal mail and explain them how precious your documents are.
Good luck!

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:59 pm

[quote="chetanojha"]Here is another messages:

Recorded Signed Forâ„¢ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Information on your item is not yet available online.

Oh!! Had no idea about this message, this seems a bit blunt but anyways Chetan chase the Royal Mail......

shubham_arora2001

timeline on website

Post by shubham_arora2001 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:22 pm

hi ppl...

I was just wondering that the timeline on ukba website states that they will deal with apps received on or before 24th march... Now i posted my application on 23-03-09 and it reached on 24-03-09 but since I paid by cheque, the payment was only taken out on 01/04/09... now will it be considered this week or maybe next week?

thanks for ur help!

VK82

Re: timeline on website

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:48 pm

shubham_arora2001 wrote:hi ppl...

I was just wondering that the timeline on ukba website states that they will deal with apps received on or before 24th march... Now i posted my application on 23-03-09 and it reached on 24-03-09 but since I paid by cheque, the payment was only taken out on 01/04/09... now will it be considered this week or maybe next week?

thanks for ur help!
It will be considered this week.....good luck!