ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assistance for PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sakiv_84
Newly Registered

Assistance for PSW

Post by Sakiv_84 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Hello All,

I am currently on my student visa which expires on 31st may 2009. I am wating for the result to be announced in June. Can I apply for PSW before the results are announced on basis of a letter from my uni stating that i have successfully completed each module and submitted my dissertation.

I am not intersted in going back home for 15 days (as my results are anticipated by mid June) and applying from there so is there any option available.

Thanks in advance

wag1
Newly Registered

Re: Assistance for PSW

Post by wag1 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:21 pm

i think the best thig for you to do is to seek legal advice from a legal advisor or a solicitor before you apply. do not submit your application without the original certificate of award or a letter confirming your award.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Assistance for PSW

Post by jack199 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Sakiv_84 wrote:Hello All,

I am currently on my student visa which expires on 31st may 2009. I am wating for the result to be announced in June. Can I apply for PSW before the results are announced on basis of a letter from my uni stating that i have successfully completed each module and submitted my dissertation.

I am not intersted in going back home for 15 days (as my results are anticipated by mid June) and applying from there so is there any option available.

Thanks in advance
NO if your results are not announced then you can not apply for PSW, if the dissertation's result has not been announced that means that you dont have a full degree and only have a diploma based on the passed modules and according to new rules PG Diplomas are no good for PSW you have to have full degree if not then full results, including dissertation with a university letter stating the facts that you have passed your masters and attached are your results and your congregation will be held at xyz date etc etc.....

Contact your international student advisor in your uni and ask student services, and if possible seek legal advise as well but make sure you get advise from 3 or 4 different solicitors coz some are utter CRAP and may make you more confused and tense so listen to the one who says positive things and have faith and hope for the best.

Hope that helps

Sakiv_84
Newly Registered

Thanks for replies

Post by Sakiv_84 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:30 pm

I was wondering that what is the probabiliy of getting a PSW visa from India as i was planning to extend my student visa for 2 months and then after i will get my result (2 months) then applying for PSW from within the UK, but this would be a costly affair rather than going and applying from India.

As I am quite concerned about the probability of successfully getting PSW from India and I donot want to take a risk with this so I thought it is safer to apply from within the UK

Please recommend

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks for replies

Post by yasa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Sakiv_84 wrote:I was wondering that what is the probabiliy of getting a PSW visa from India as i was planning to extend my student visa for 2 months and then after i will get my result (2 months) then applying for PSW from within the UK, but this would be a costly affair rather than going and applying from India.

As I am quite concerned about the probability of successfully getting PSW from India and I donot want to take a risk with this so I thought it is safer to apply from within the UK

Please recommend
if u get student's extension then its fine. apply for PSW laterz. but dont apply it now as u dont have the degree certificate.

hope this helps