ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Settlement Accompanying Parent - I have a question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TrishM
Newly Registered

Child Settlement Accompanying Parent - I have a question

Post by TrishM » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Hello,

I emigrated from Australia and I have settled in Cambs UK with my husband and son - we've been living and working here for just over 2 1/2 years now - using my Right of Abode visa which I am entitled to as my mother was born in the UK. Husband and son are here on Settlement Accompanying Spouse and Settlement Accompanying Parent visas respectively.

I am just about to renew my son's Australian passport as it is a 5 year passport and is due to expire soon (he's 11 years old). His UK Entry Clearance is in his current passport and what I wanted to know was:

1. Which agency do I contact about having the Settlement visa transferred to his new Australian Passport (which I will be going to London to renew shortly)?

2. Is there a charge for the transfer of the visa to the new Australian Passport and if so, does anyone know how much it is?

3. What paperwork will I need to supply for the new passport (to the Australian High Commission) and the transfer of the visa (to UK Immigration)?

Any help you could give me would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks very much

Trish

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TrishM
Newly Registered

Post by TrishM » Sat May 09, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks for the links - although the Oz High Commission one is giving me a headache.....I'm not stupid but it is difficult to understand.

Another couple of questions:

As I have to provide new photos of my son for his new passport and British ones aren't acceptable to the Australian High Commission, where do I get them done?

Also, the form I've been filling out online says there must be a guarantor for his application.....as we've been here 2 1/2 years, we don't know any other Aussies here in the occupations listed who could do it.....are British citizens allowed to be guarantors...the info on the website is confusing.

Thanks again for your help.

Trish
:D