ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i hav 2 go to my home country to convert WP to HSMP depen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samilr
Newly Registered

Do i hav 2 go to my home country to convert WP to HSMP depen

Post by samilr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:39 pm

I got UK employer work permit valid from 15.12.2005 and valid until 15.oct 2010.
My wife got HSMP valid from 26.10.2005 and valid till 26.oct 2010
We both came to UK together on 31.12.2005.
So far we have only gone out of Uk once for 20 days only.

As per Judicial Review against the Home Secretary which on the basis that those who entered onto the HSMP before the qualifying period (Prior to 3 April 2006) will be eligible for ILR after four years on the scheme.
Once home office implement this my wife will be eligible for ILR.

Questions 1. When should (date/ month) my wife apply for indefinite leave to remain ?
Question 2. Can she include me and our daughter 2 years old (i am in work permit since dec 2005) with her application for ILR application.Will i get Indefinite Leave to Remain at the same time without converting my work permit to her HSMP dependant ?
Questions: 3. Is it advisable to get my visa converted to HSMP dependant immediatly.
Question : 4. will i get ILR with my wife this year itself if i convert my work permit to HSMP depedent.
Question : 5. Do i have to go to my home country to convert my work permit into HSMP depedent or can i Apply from here as well?

samilr
Newly Registered

Work permit to HSMP dependant

Post by samilr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Do i have to go to my home country to convert my work permit into HSMP depedent or can i Apply from here as well?

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 am

1. First week of December 2009.
The total stay in the UK should be 4 years and application can be made for ILR before 28 days.
2. If you are not on her dependent visa then you can't apply. On whose dependent visa is your baby is? if she is on her mothers visa as dependent then she can be added as dependent and applied for ILR. If she is on your visa as dependent then she can register as BC after your wife gets ILR.
3. If you convert your visa to HSMP dependent then you have to wait for 2 more years as dependent to apply for ILR.
4.No
5. Need to go to your home country.