ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Waiting Times from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bonvivz

Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Waiting Times from India

Post by bonvivz » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering if we can track the waiting times for Tier 1 dependant visa applications from india. I am due to apply shortly , past experiences will really help.

Regards

Bon

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Waiting Times from India

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:07 am

bonvivz wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering if we can track the waiting times for Tier 1 dependant visa applications from india. I am due to apply shortly , past experiences will really help.

Regards

Bon
Applied yesterday for my wife from Ahmedaba, VFS. She was advised of processing time of 5-6 working days (I guess they meant 50-60 working days, looking at this forum)
gud luk
x

kams19

Post by kams19 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 am

raxs1983 wrote:

Regards

Bon
Applied yesterday for my wife from Ahmedaba, VFS. She was advised of processing time of 5-6 working days (I guess they meant 50-60 working days, looking at this forum)
gud luk
x
Applying from India doesnt take more than 5-6 days, if your documents are correct.

bonvivz

Post by bonvivz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:37 am

kams19 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:

Regards

Bon
gud luk
x
Applying from India doesnt take more than 5-6 days, if your documents are correct.
if you refer to few threads recently there has been quite a delay(4-5 weeks) , thats why this will help to track the current processing times.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 am

kams19 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:

Regards

Bon
gud luk
x
I wish yu are right my friend. but as quotd by previous forumer, it appears that BHC is taking way too long off late
x

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:15 pm

We have been waiting for past 17 working days for Tier1 dependant Visa. Applied from Hyderabad.

Anyone got any update on the current processing time, pls provide with timelines.

Thanks and best of luck to all.

bonvivz

update!

Post by bonvivz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:23 pm

worldpeace wrote:We have been waiting for past 17 working days for Tier1 dependant Visa. Applied from Hyderabad.

Anyone got any update on the current processing time, pls provide with timelines.

Worldpeace,

Any update!.. I think South BHC gone worst.. they are taking ages to process?

Regards

bon

worldpeace

Re: update!

Post by worldpeace » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:47 am

bonvivz wrote:
worldpeace wrote:We have been waiting for past 17 working days for Tier1 dependant Visa. Applied from Hyderabad.

Worldpeace,

Any update!.. I think South BHC gone worst.. they are taking ages to process?

Regards

bon
Still waiting, More than 20 working days passed, and its going to be about a month sibce we applied for dependents Visa.
Now past 4 days were official holidays, and dont know what is the speed of processing.

But yes, we are still waiting :)

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:23 am

Hi All,

Has your dependant in India mentioned the date of travel in VAF 10 form?
and pointing that she will be accompanying you?

My wife has applied for dependant visa last week and she has to travel with me by mid may when im visiting india for vacation.

Any one in same situation?

Does any one know.. whether BHC treats applications depending on the documents submitted and date of travel? kindly let me know.

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 am

I think in the current crisis scenario going on at VFS/BDC tackling with pool of applications, the date of travel does not matter much.

My dependants' date of travel has passed 1 week back. We rescheduled our booking and are waiting for the good news to make a new plan.

However, cases do differ and obviosuly there can be exceptions, who knows you are the lucky one :)

Good luck to all the waiting applicants.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks for the info worldpeace
Lets see how it goes..
I have even sent both of ours air tickets highlighting the date of travel..

Are you also in UK and awaiting to take you dependant along with you when you are travelling back from India ?

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi,

Yes, I am in UK, and once my dependants will get their Visa, they will fly to UK.

Just dont know what the BHC is doing with our applications.

Good luck to all.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:14 pm

raxs1983 wrote:

Regards

Bon
gud luk
x
Applied 6th April 2009
From - Ahmedabad VFS
Papers Recieved - 15th April 2009
Visa stamped - 9th April

Thanks,
R

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Congrats raxs1983

Just goes to show how lazy BDHC Chennai is.. sitting with application's from all the 4 states.. and not processing quickly.

worldpeace

Imp News Technical problems at BDHC

Post by worldpeace » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi all,

I just came across a news item on the website. Dont know how it affects us, in a good way or bad.

http://ukinindia.fco.gov.uk/en/newsroom ... d=16332467

Important notice for visa customers (14/04/2009)

Please note that technical difficulties have been affecting the operation of Visa Services worldwide. These problems have been resolved, but the resulting backlog in applications means that customers are likely to experience delays for the timebeing.

We apologise to customers for the inconvenience.

Please telephone the VFS visa information service on 080 40084008 if you have any general enquiries.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:03 pm

hmm - it luks to be an intresting press note.. I wont buy that though. i had my wifes visa approved inb 4 workig days and had passport back on 5th working day. If it is affecting worldwide than how come the embassy only few hundred of miles to chennai is not affected (ours were approved frm mumbai) ??

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:53 am

I somehow feel that Chennai Deputy High Commission has got loads of applications, and they are saying this in general to pacify people.

When people from Mumbai and Delhi etc are getting it soon, I feel its only Chennai BDHC being affected.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:44 pm

this clearly shows inefficiency of Chennai BDHC they might not have enough people to process the application.

wonder whether they have different people at all to process these different applications

HSMP dependant separate
Tier1 Separate
Tier1 Dependant Separate
Tier2 Separate
Tier2 Dependant Separate
Visitor Visa
etc.....

With lots of software companies in those 4 states would also add to the load.

if they had enough people then this huge delay would not have been there..

Hope we get our dependants visa in time..

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:08 pm

i can feel the tension mounting... here is my thought - if BHC have all the required documents (100%, not even an inch of document missing), a satisfactory evidence of genuiness, and a well presented file - It should go through within a timely manner. but there will surely be an exception even with such prepared file, but it wont b a huge number for sure
x

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 pm

May be or may not be the case.

Unfortunately ours is an exceptional case I feel.

We have provided every sngle document and cross checked many times so that the documentation is complete.

If they take up the application it should not be more than a couple of hours to process it.

This is a dependents Visa for which they dont need to cross check most of the other things that they do for Tier1 Main Applicants.
It has always been that Main applicants might take 3 to 8 weeks of time, but dependents used to come along in 5 working days approximately.

Rescheduled the journey twice, forget about other arrangements of child's school, daycare, house agreement, etc etc.

All said and done, we still have no other way out, Just waiting ...

Any other thoughts from anyone.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:23 pm

worldplace - I can see the level of frustration. I would like to say that - Checks are still done, even with the dependent application. I had supplied the Job offer letter and my employer was called, and also asked to fax the confirmation in writting. For instance, if your employer isnt willing to do so in quick time, it may delay it for x days. On top, bear in your mind, I have heard that HO from India, is making sure to call the employer (dsnt matter if its main appplicant or dependent) twice or in fact thrice to verify the credentials (be it in india or uk) to avoid any fraudulent activity. I am not pointing a finger at you but I have heard this many times.
x

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 pm

The verifications on dependents are just the marriage certificate and birth certificate, bank statements and working status (which is not mandatory, as people who dont have a job but have Tier1 Visa also get their dependents Visas). In a Main applicants case they need to check the P60/Form16, Degree certificates and few more things as well.

Till now they have not checked anything with my HR.
Its 1 month and 1 day today and my child and husband are waiting for just their Visas.
People got them in abt 10 days being MainApplicants.

We have been maintaining the balance and made sure every document is there,

There is nothing more than unorganized management of applications, There is no first come first served system here apparently.

Dont know when they get time to look into our applications.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:58 pm

sounds heart breaking, a month and a day !!! I wish you a plenty of luck,,,
god bless

bonvivz

shocking!

Post by bonvivz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:06 pm

worldpeace wrote:The verifications on dependents are just the marriage certificate and birth certificate, bank statements and working status (which is not mandatory, as people who dont have a job but have Tier1 Visa also get their dependents Visas). In a Main applicants case they need to check the P60/Form16, Degree certificates and few more things as well.

Its 1 month and 1 day today and my child and husband are waiting for just their Visas.

There is nothing more than unorganized management of applications, There is no first come first served system here apparently.

This is really shocking, last time when I applied for my better half, it took 15 days but that last year. I am yet to apply again shortly , listening to your experience i think i need to apply atleast 8 weeks from the day ticket is booked.

I wish you a very gud luck.. hope you'd get the visa soon

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: shocking!

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:12 pm

bonvivz wrote:
worldpeace wrote:The verifications on dependents are just the marriage certificate and birth certificate, bank statements and working status (which is not mandatory, as people who dont have a job but have Tier1 Visa also get their dependents Visas). In a Main applicants case they need to check the P60/Form16, Degree certificates and few more things as well.

This is really shocking, last time when I applied for my better half, it took 15 days but that last year. I am yet to apply again shortly , listening to your experience i think i need to apply atleast 8 weeks from the day ticket is booked.

I wish you a very gud luck.. hope you'd get the visa soon
Seeing everyone's experience I can suggest one thing very strongly - If possible, apply from Mumbai and you might get lucky
x