ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I switch to another category??

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tuhadda_fuffar

Can I switch to another category??

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Dear all,

As most of you might know about my case, I will give you a brief description. I have PSW visa from CCL since Sept 2008. When my wife came to UK in Feb 2009, Immigration detained her by saying your husband’s visa was obtained by deception and is not valid, so they refused her entry to the UK as she was dependent on my visa. Now we have filed an appeal and obtained temporary stay for my wife, which they keep on extending as my hearing was adjourned in March until further notice. HO sent my wife a letter saying all CCL cases are adjourned and will be heard only after the lead cases. Now we are waiting for our appeal to be heard.

I have not received any communication whatsoever from the Home Office about my visa status or any immigration guidelines. My question is, can I apply for some other visa category like Tier 1 general (HSMP), while we are waiting for our case? Will my application be successful?

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions are greatly welcome.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:24 pm

If u have your passport then only u can apply for tier 1 general provided u full-fill all the requirement for tier1 general as its been changed from bachelors to masters threshold.

hope this helps

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:52 pm

yasa wrote:If u have your passport then only u can apply for tier 1 general provided u full-fill all the requirement for tier1 general as its been changed from bachelors to masters threshold.

hope this helps
Yes I do have my passport and an MBA from an A-rated license holder university. The problem is my uni does not appear in the point calculator!! Is there any chance?

pakipower1

Post by pakipower1 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:38 pm

your qualification should be in the NARIC database or you will not get points for it,problem with CCL case is that HO is refusing all the cases giving reason of deception,if u apply in any category they will raise the point that the previous leave was obtained on deception and u will have to prove that you were genuine,it is strongly recommended that you contact a solicitor before making any application.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 am

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
yasa wrote:If u have your passport then only u can apply for tier 1 general provided u full-fill all the requirement for tier1 general as its been changed from bachelors to masters threshold.

hope this helps
Yes I do have my passport and an MBA from an A-rated license holder university. The problem is my uni does not appear in the point calculator!! Is there any chance?
go through UKNARIC they might help otherwise no. If its A rated university then it should be in points calculator.
What university u studied in ??

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:04 pm

yasa wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
yasa wrote:
go through UKNARIC they might help otherwise no. If its A rated university then it should be in points calculator.
UK NARIC charges Fee for that....which is ok...but still lot of my friends say HO will refuse coz they just see their "list" of universities and refuse which is not in.

If i get a Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC for my MBA, what weightage does it have and will it be valid for Tier 1 General ?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:18 am

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
yasa wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
yasa wrote:
UK NARIC charges Fee for that....which is ok...but still lot of my friends say HO will refuse coz they just see their "list" of universities and refuse which is not in.

If i get a Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC for my MBA, what weightage does it have and will it be valid for Tier 1 General ?
yes if it is equivalent to masters then its fine...

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:57 am

The funny part is Cambridge College of learning is on UK tire 1 general points calculator!!! and my previous uni, which is a reputed and big uni, is not in the list....!! Home Office does not have any idea what they are doing...their website is out of date on many links...!!
The points calculator says I qualify for this visa with CCL PGD...!!!

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Has anyone applied for a visa while they were undergoing an appeal? If yes, what was the outcome?