ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

NARIC letter

Post by mvent00 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 am

Hello guys, may be it is already answered somewhere in the forum but unfortunately I am unable to locate this information. My question is,"Do I still need NARIC letter if my qualification is confirmed by Home Office' Point Based Calculator?" Thank you so much.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:40 am

NO. You don't need it.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:58 am

chetanojha wrote:NO. You don't need it.
Thank you for your prompt reply and I was also thinking same but the updated information for Appendix A - Attributes (31/03/09) on their website states (please see below), so I feel a little bit confused. Isn't it reasonable to verify it by NARIC to be on the safe side? Please have a look of the information below from their website. Thank you.

Qualifications: notes

5. Points will only be awarded for an academic qualification if an applicant's qualification is deemed by the National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK.

6. Points will also be awarded for vocational and professional qualifications that are deemed by UK NARIC or the appropriate UK professional body to be equivalent to a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/?requ ... tion+rules

mvent00
Diamond Member

what do you think after 31-03-2009

Post by mvent00 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Hello, Would you please let me know about your point of view? Is it still the same after 31-03-2009? I mean if education is available on PBC, we do not need NARIC letter? Thank you so much.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: what do you think after 31-03-2009

Post by maheshnair » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:31 pm

mvent00 wrote:Hello, Would you please let me know about your point of view? Is it still the same after 31-03-2009? I mean if education is available on PBC, we do not need NARIC letter? Thank you so much.

Always more proofs is better .
NARIC database is now merged with HO .

But safer side and for ur satisfaction . Attach naric .

I had attached it ....

push
United Kingdom

Re: what do you think after 31-03-2009

Post by push » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:25 pm

maheshnair wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Hello, Would you please let me know about your point of view? Is it still the same after 31-03-2009? I mean if education is available on PBC, we do not need NARIC letter? Thank you so much.

Always more proofs is better .
NARIC database is now merged with HO .

But safer side and for ur satisfaction . Attach naric .

I had attached it ....
No need. See below:
How qualifications are assessed
80. We will always assess the qualifications an applicant uses by referring to the points based calculator on our website. The calculator contains information from UK NARIC on the equivalency of overseas qualifications.
and
81. ............................................... An applicant should claim points if the points based calculator confirms that the qualification used meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Master’s degree or a PhD in the United Kingdom and for extension applications the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s degree.
and lastly
Additional documents required for qualifications that cannot be found on the points based calculator.
92. Where an applicant cannot find details of his/her academic qualification on the point-based calculator, he/she must, in addition to the document or documents listed above, submit an original letter/certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalency of the level of his/her qualification.
Hope that helps
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mvent00
Diamond Member

Thank you.

Post by mvent00 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Thank you so much for the information. From updated application form for Tier 1 (General) on 6th April 2009, education assessment is as follows:

Section K. Qualifications Assessment

K2. Please indicate the applicant’s method of verifying his/her qualification:

1-Qualification recognised on the points based calculator (First option).

2-Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or certificate is enclosed (Second option).

3- Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a letter stating the UK academic equivalence from the relevant United Kingdom professional body is enclosed (Third option).

So, at least for now confirmation by PBC seems enough. Thank you all.

mvent00
Diamond Member

I have just seen this today.

Post by mvent00 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:05 pm

I have just seen this today.

adhirajp.21
Newly Registered

Post by adhirajp.21 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I am really new to this and I will be applying for my Tier 1 (General) in July.

I had the same confusion about whether to go for a NARIC evaluation when my University is listed in the drop down of the points calculator. It is resolved now. Thanks to you all.

However, I would still like to confirm from mvent00 if you did submit the NARIC certificate along with your University degrees. Also you wrote about Section K: Qualifications Assessment. Which form was this? I could not locate that either on VAF9 or PBSAppendix1. Might be that I was not looking at the latest ones. In that case could you send the links to the the forms that are required.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:56 pm

adhirajp.21 wrote: However, I would still like to confirm from mvent00 if you did submit the NARIC certificate along with your University degrees. Also you wrote about Section K: Qualifications Assessment. Which form was this? I could not locate that either on VAF9 or PBSAppendix1. Might be that I was not looking at the latest ones. In that case could you send the links to the the forms that are required.
I did not apply for Tier 1 yet, just compiling the required documents. However, I am not going to submit the NARIC certificate, as it is unnecessary.

Section K was from the application form to apply for Tier 1 from UK , it is the same with Part 3.2 of PBSAppendix1.