ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Entry Clearance in 1 day

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Golauk

Got Entry Clearance in 1 day

Post by Golauk » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:16 am

Hello everybody,

As you know I got my HSMP approval on 15 July. I applied for Entry clearance on 18 July and got visa on 19 July (without interview) from BHC New Delhi. My wife and my baby also got visa. :lol: Well ! that was really very fast.......... and today I am in Birmingham.

Thanks for everybody help.

GolaUK

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:21 am

Congrats Golauk!

Could you share with us how much funds you showed for EC?

Any other documents that you submitted in support of your application?

regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:00 pm

GolaUK, congratulations on getting the ECs so quickly. And welcome to Birmingham! Honestly, the sun does shine sometimes! 8)
John

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:41 pm

Thanks you very much John. It is just a miracle , as everything happens so right and so fast.

VP73 I have submitted following documents:

1. nearly 6000 pounds funds in my current bank a/c
2. pay slips,bank statements for last one year
3. Income tax return of last year
4. Fixed deposits of nearly 4000 pounds
5 All my educational and experience certificates.
6 VAF 1 form

That was the list and they give me EC without interview :roll:

Gola
[/list]

simar

Post by simar » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:18 pm

Golauk,.
I am also planning to apply from new-delhi for EC clearnce next week. Please let me know did you have job offer. Since your wife & kid too got EC so fast.
I do want to apply for my wife & kid too. But without job offer, feels hesitant to do so. I can show 20 lakhs as money at my disposal.( 25000 pounds). Should I apply alonely or take try to get visa for wife & kid too .

--simar..

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:58 pm

hi gola and simar,

i am also sailing in the same boat as simar, i am plannign to apply for me, my wife and 3 years old kid togather. I thoguht too much and now have deicded to give it a try bny applying all togather. I have my mother sponsoring me, I have nearly 4000 GBP on my own name (in savings bank as well as FDs) and my mother has nearly 10,000 GBP to sponsor us. Hope mine will be equally easy as yours Gola. I am in Ahmedabd, so will have to send it to Mumbai through VFS, Ahmedabad.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:55 pm

can somebody else sponsor you for HSMP EC?

i thought they couldn't as then what is the point of HSMP

bani

Post by bani » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:20 pm

olisun wrote:can somebody else sponsor you for HSMP EC?

i don't see why someone couldn't financially sponsor you. especially if it is a parent. for tourist visas, it's accepted practice and is even on the ukvisas website.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:48 pm

olisun wrote:can somebody else sponsor you for HSMP EC?

I don't see that as a problem. HSMP is granted to those who possess skills that the UK is keen to use, let's face it, people of real intelligence who will benefit not just themselves but also the UK economy.

But initially that same person might well need a bit of support, be it cheap/free use of accommodation, or even someone acting as sponsor to ensure that no claim would need to be made on UK Public Funds.

Dependent upon which country the person is coming from, they might have been earning a lot in their country but that does not necessary mean they could save a lot in UK terms. After all, for example Thailand, points start to be handed out for salary equivalent to £12500 pa, but in UK terms that would not exactly represent a lot of money, nor enable a lot of savings to be built up.
John

kdoshi2005

Post by kdoshi2005 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:13 pm

Hi Golauk

Were you carrying any medical certificates, did you have to go through any medical checks at the airport ? If yes what reports one should carry ?
Please reply
Thanks

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:20 pm

Can someone that is not a family member or an employer sponsor one's EC??

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:28 pm

Yes , it sense that certainly a friend will often provide accommodation initially for free or cheaply.

As regards an employer, the best thing an employer can do for a successful HSMP applicant is give the job! That is, if it is clear to the ECO dealing with the visa application that the person has a job to go to without delay on getting to the UK then clearly the amount of money needed by the applicant reduces noticeably.
John

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:29 am

actually what i meant was not in terms of accomodation etc but in terms of money..

can anybody, for e.g. a friend sponsor somebody applying for EC by depositing funds into the applicant's account??

if yes, then i think everyone will do that just to get EC... has anybody managed to get it by taking this route... there was one case on this forum where it was rejected, reason the accounts were inflated at the last moment..

correct me if i am wrong

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:19 pm

simar, they will only consider those funds which are in cash or are readily converted in cash . if you have 25000 pounds in cash and in FD's then there is no problem for you to apply for your family also.So go ahead and apply with your family and best of luck.

Golauk

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:23 pm

kdoshi2005

We do not have any type of medical certificates. But the immigration officer at birmingham airport has shown us a medical certificate and asked us whether we have these type of medical certificate? I told her that BHC new delhi have not asked us to undergo any type of medical tests so there is no medical certificates and she said it's alright and we got our passport stamped.

If BHC ask you for medical then only go for it otherwise no need for medical tests.

Thanks

Golauk

bani

Post by bani » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:46 pm

olisun wrote:actually what i meant was not in terms of accomodation etc but in terms of money..

can anybody, for e.g. a friend sponsor somebody applying for EC by depositing funds into the applicant's account??

if yes, then i think everyone will do that just to get EC... has anybody managed to get it by taking this route... there was one case on this forum where it was rejected, reason the accounts were inflated at the last moment..

correct me if i am wrong
It is better to write for the friend to write a letter of sponsorship and provide recent (last 6 mos) bank statements. If the applicant just has new deposits in his account (especially thousands of pounds worth), this would look suspicious to the EC officer.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:04 am

Golauk,

You sauid u got EC from Delhi in jsut two days for your family (wife and kid) with around 10,000 GBP available. I wanted to know whether you had a job offer in hand while applying for EC? was that shown in the EC application as well?

Dhaval

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:04 am

dhavaluk

I have taken print outs of job which matches my skillset and submitted them with my application. I have searched these jobs from internet.

Thanks

GolaUK

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:38 am

Hi Friends,

I also got my EC approved in just a day (as I applied here in Ahmedabad VFS on 25th, my passport and other documents reached Mumbai BHC the next day, and I could check my status online the same day evening, it showed that my apssport was recieved back by VFS, Mumbai).

So, ultimately, my passport reached BHC on 26th Morning and it was returned the same day evening. I would have recievd it on 27th but due to heavy rians and non-operation of the flights from Mumbai, I could receive it Just yesterday (29th July). But my VISA is stamped on 26th July.

I had applied for myself, and my wife and my daughter as dependents. We all got it for one year with Rs. 12.00 Lakh (1.2 Million INR) equivallent to approxiamtely 15,000 GBP.

THanx everybody.

Dhaval

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:13 am

Dhaval, congratulations to you and your family. Have a great life here in the UK.

The rains in and around Mumbai, that has certainly made the TV news here in Britain. Very sorry for all those affected.
John

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:57 am

THanx John for the wishes and join us in the sorrows.

Even we read about the cyclon yesettrday in UK, God only knows what dioes he want to do with this plante earth adn all its creatures. We had extremelly heavy rains first here in Ahmedabad (my hometown) and places aroudn here, many people including me, had water intruded in their homes, and now Mumbai and Uk...

LEts all pray for the wellbeing of our brothers and siters on this mother earth

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:46 pm

dhavaluk, you are right, there was a tornado here in Birmingham a couple of days ago. The damage was very localised and the great majority was totally undamaged ..... but the affected bits are indeed quite badly damaged.

But to my knowledge no one was killed, although 2 or 3 were seriously injured. We only knew about the tornado when we saw it on the local TV news.

All that is extremely insignificant compared to the situation in India where over 800 have been killed. Undoubtedly prayers will be said in our Church tomorrow. Lets all hope that the rains ease and the water level starts to fall.
John

smallsaurabh
Newly Registered

Post by smallsaurabh » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:13 pm

I have got Workpermit Approval letter from UK, now i m going to apply for EntryClearance.

-Do we need UK Employer sponsor letter to get visa ?
- i donot have any employment in UK, how its difficult to clear EntryClearance and get Visa ?

Pls reply urgnetly

Regards,
Saurabh

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:47 am

Saurabh,

Can you please specify whther you got HSMP approval or WorkPermit Approval? because if you have got HSMP approval, no need to show any UK Employer sponsor letter to get visa and no need to have any employment in UK as well.

But if its a Workpermit then, these questions don't arise at all, as your employer would definitely send you these things.

So, first of all pelase make your mind clear that you have got what...

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:57 pm

lol...

funny doesn't even know what kind of visa he has