ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidences required for Previous Earnings (FLR-HSMP)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rashid
Newly Registered

Evidences required for Previous Earnings (FLR-HSMP)

Post by Rashid » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Could somebody advise on below please,

I have been running a part time biz (in addition to my full time job) since October 08 but my business bank account wasn't opened until end of December. Therefore, I accepted part payments in cash from my customers while remainder was transferred to my biz account in JAN/FEB 09. Can I submit invoices, payment receipts & my tax return as an evidence for my earnings during that period? while bank atatement can be provided for anything earned JANUARY onwards. The reason I am looking for this confirmation is, that HOME OFFICE requires two seperate evidences from different sources.

NOTE: This query may plz be answered in the context for extension (FLR) of HSMP Visa issued under policy implemented after December 2007.

Rashid
Newly Registered

Re: Evidences required for Previous Earnings (FLR-HSMP)

Post by Rashid » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Could somebody look in to this for me, plz?
Rashid wrote:Could somebody advise on below please,

I have been running a part time biz (in addition to my full time job) since October 08 but my business bank account wasn't opened until end of December. Therefore, I accepted part payments in cash from my customers while remainder was transferred to my biz account in JAN/FEB 09. Can I submit invoices, payment receipts & my tax return as an evidence for my earnings during that period? while bank atatement can be provided for anything earned JANUARY onwards. The reason I am looking for this confirmation is, that HOME OFFICE requires two seperate evidences from different sources.

NOTE: This query may plz be answered in the context for extension (FLR) of HSMP Visa issued under policy implemented after December 2007.

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi Rashid,

This is a sticky situation.
I think there are two options available. This is my thought, but not advice yet. (Seniors pls comment!!!)

a. If the income from your full time job gives you sufficient points(75) to qualify for FLR, then don't bother about income from your business. This might complicate your case.
b. If you've paid income tax for customer cash payments, then you can get receipts for them. This would be acceptable as proof(from earlier posts I've seen or heard of). Better enrol the services of a tax consultant, and provide an income statement. That would look professional and non-disputable(if substantiated by relevant receipts, bank statements wherever relevant).

Cheers,
Sai

Rashid
Newly Registered

Post by Rashid » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:16 am

ssvgopal wrote:Hi Rashid,

This is a sticky situation.
I think there are two options available. This is my thought, but not advice yet. (Seniors pls comment!!!)

a. If the income from your full time job gives you sufficient points(75) to qualify for FLR, then don't bother about income from your business. This might complicate your case.
b. If you've paid income tax for customer cash payments, then you can get receipts for them. This would be acceptable as proof(from earlier posts I've seen or heard of). Better enrol the services of a tax consultant, and provide an income statement. That would look professional and non-disputable(if substantiated by relevant receipts, bank statements wherever relevant).

Cheers,
Sai
Thanks Sai

I don't have enough earnings from my job alone; so I do need to include earnings from my part time biz. Well, I will need to get services of an accountant to prepare biz accounts. Also, I intend to attach tax return as one of the supporting evidence for my earnings up to 30th April (as my tax return will be filed for earnings until 30th april) but I will have to submit invoices and bank statement for earnigs April onwards.
Wud somebody comment on the whole situation for me plz?
Rgds

lemango
Newly Registered

earning evidence

Post by lemango » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:49 am

cud some one plz tell me what are the docs needed to prove earnnigs?

read thru the guidance and it talkes abt two docs got confused.
i hv been working in UK for the last 15 months and earned more than 20K part time and full time.

plz advice me on the docs needed.....thx

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: earning evidence

Post by maheshnair » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:46 am

lemango wrote:cud some one plz tell me what are the docs needed to prove earnnigs?

read thru the guidance and it talkes abt two docs got confused.
i hv been working in UK for the last 15 months and earned more than 20K part time and full time.

plz advice me on the docs needed.....thx

"read thru the guidance and it talkes abt two docs got confused."

Read 2 - 3 times again ...try to understand yourself first ..
If you are still confused ..
............ frame the question where you are exactly confused ...

lemango
Newly Registered

Post by lemango » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:11 pm

i posted the question as i did nt understand in the first place.

if u hv understood...y dont u share?