ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trnsitionl Arrngmnts for Workpermit holders came before 2006

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anishmani

Trnsitionl Arrngmnts for Workpermit holders came before 2006

Post by Anishmani » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Dear friends
The CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION BILL which was published for consultation in July 2008 aimed to amend the law on immigration, asylum and nationality created so much of panic in immigrant community especially those who don’t have the Permanent residency.

The request petition started on August 05 2008 aiming to send this to Prime minister, Home Secretary, Hon.Lords in House of Lords, M.P's in House of commons. My intention was inform decision makers in UK parliament about there are so many people already in UK affected by the changes. Around 1850+ people supported our views as of today.
By December end 2008 posted the petition to Prime Minister, Home secretary, 300 Lords and 320 M.P's in UK parliament with names of 1600+ signers. Thanks for Mr. Kiran Sebastian for the funding the expenditures for the postages and travelling expenses.( Around 350 pounds , not a small amount)

We mostly concerned about the part 2 of BORDERS, CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION BILL which was introduced to Parliament on the 14 January 2009.
I got a chance (not only me Mr Anand Naidu and Mr.Karnal Singh)to meet the Lords immigration committee in London and explained our worries to them and handed over request petiton too. The noble lords listened to our concerns which stated in the petition and promised to raise our concerns in House of lords while on the Debate about Immigration Bill.It's not only our efforts, the efforts from HSMP forum and ILPA should be appreciated for this amendments.
The Outcome is positive.Baroness Hanham, Lord Bishop of Lincoln, Lord Avebury, Lord Brett, The Earl of Sandwich, Lord Bishop of Norwich, Baroness Howe of Idlicote, Lord Lester of Herne Hill supported our views and spoken in House of Lords to make the above amendment.(partial transcript attached).
The Lords House added ( Transitional measures ) a clause to CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION BILL submitted by Home secretary which is helpful to many signers in this petition and many people already living in UK.
The Lords House amended the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill at the very begining of Part 2 of the bill which states
39 Exceptions to application of this Part

Nothing in this Part shall affect an application—

(a) which has been submitted at any time in the twelve months prior to the commencement of this Part by any person for limited leave to remain
in the United Kingdom, or

(b) made prior to the commencement of this Part by any person, for the following—
(i) indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom; or
(ii) British citizenship.
If anyone requires full details of the bill you can download it from parliament website or i can forward to you if you send a reply.
It is good to have a read those discussions.

After 3rd reading of this report this Bill which is on April 22nd the report should be passed through 3 readings in house of commons too.We too and many organisations in UK had submitted similar request petition to many M.P's in UK, so we can hope in House of commons MP's wont change the transitional arrangements for those already in UK amended in House of Lords.
I would like to gather the details of people who affected (came before April 2006) with ILR changes. Many of you (more than 300) have extended your support by replying to my previous email, but it is a hardwork for to reply individually. If we can make a common platform it is easy to communicate the recent happening. And more than that i dont want send email to 1860 signers in the online petition. It is a hardwork. I would like to send mails to people who affected by this changes.
Please don't sign this petition if you are not affected or if you are a supporter or dependent visa of work permit holder, but you can pass this petition to your friend who affected by this changes.

Online petition at http://gopetition.com/online/26927.html to know how many are really affected with these changes .
Please let me know if any one going ahead with a Judicial review.We can also join the fight along with them.
Some info i got from this petition signers and i would like to share with you.

b. HSMP forum had spend 85000 pounds for Judicial Review, if they loose the JR they have to pay the amount. It will be great task if we go ahead with judicial review, and all it depends on number of affected people.
c. The number of supporters will be reduced day by day because people nearing 5 year for PR.

References (i can forward if you need)
a.Five year strategy for asylum and immigration Presented to Parliament by the Secretary of State for the Home Department,February 2005

b.THE PATH TO CITIZENSHIP:NEXT STEPS IN REFORMING THE IMMIGRATION February 2008 BY THE RT HON JACQUI SMITH MP, HOME SECRETARY

c.Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill [HL] as introduced in the House of Lords on 14th January 2009 #

d.Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill AS AMENDED ON REPORT on 1st April 2009

e. Parlimentary hansard on Feb 11 , Mar 2, mar 4, March 25 2009.

Please reply if info given above is wrong or can be corrected

Thanks
Anish Mani aneeshma@yahoo.com
Hull
Last edited by Anishmani on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maneeshg

Post by maneeshg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi,

I am on a work permit and entered the country in Sept. 05. I think I am affected by these changes. Can you please clarify are you looking for my kind of people to sign the petition?

Regards,

sophieteh
Newly Registered

Post by sophieteh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Anish,

Won't you want to include everyone who would have been able to apply ILR by now if not for the change to 5 years?

sophieteh
Newly Registered

please support judicial review for work permit holders as we

Post by sophieteh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 pm

sorry, i misunderstood you earlier.

All who sign your petition can sign this one too. the momentum is gaining by the minute!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/workpermit-ilr/

please forward to all your friends who are affected.

Anishmani

Post by Anishmani » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:20 am

sophieteh wrote:Anish,

Won't you want to include everyone who would have been able to apply ILR by now if not for the change to 5 years?
If a WP holder get the ILR all dependents can ILR , so needs people who on P', HSMP's T1 having similar troubles to sign the petition at http://gopetition.com/online/26927.html. It is easy for the communication. I dont want to discuss this issues with people not affected with ILR changes.

I will ask my petition signers to sign the PM petition too.

Thanks

Anish