ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Back from PSW to Student

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newsoulrebel
Newly Registered

Switching Back from PSW to Student

Post by newsoulrebel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Wondering if anyone can help? If you are already on PSW and then wish to go back to student visa is this possible? If so, what happens when you finish your period of study for the second time, can you go back to PSW? Maybe an example is easier

Graduate from Uni and obtain PSW. However during PSW unable to find a job and decide to go back to study say after 1 year, e.g. PGCE. Once completed PGCE, can you go back to PSW? If so, is PSW then only granted for one year because you already had a year of it?

I hope the question is clear, if clarifications are required, I am happy to provide them.

Many Thanks!

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:32 pm

there is a bit of confusion in it but if u r on PSW and as it is for two years u cant go back on studies then u cant get PSW in future. for IGS apply the same rule.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Switching Back from PSW to Student

Post by yasa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:33 pm

newsoulrebel wrote:Wondering if anyone can help? If you are already on PSW and then wish to go back to student visa is this possible? If so, what happens when you finish your period of study for the second time, can you go back to PSW? Maybe an example is easier

Graduate from Uni and obtain PSW. However during PSW unable to find a job and decide to go back to study say after 1 year, e.g. PGCE. Once completed PGCE, can you go back to PSW? If so, is PSW then only granted for one year because you already had a year of it?

I hope the question is clear, if clarifications are required, I am happy to provide them.

Many Thanks!
Oh i understand your question

U can't do it.

hope this helps.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 pm

newsoulrebel wrote:Wondering if anyone can help? If you are already on PSW and then wish to go back to student visa is this possible? If so, what happens when you finish your period of study for the second time, can you go back to PSW? Maybe an example is easier

Many Thanks!
Can't do this mate....Not Allowed

zarikashif

Post by zarikashif » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:56 am

yes u kan go bak from psw to student but u cant come bak to psw after you studies.
cheerz
so is like dat
student<psw<student.

newsoulrebel
Newly Registered

Post by newsoulrebel » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks everyone. So it seems to me that the best advice is...

1. If you plan further studies to do this directly after your undergraduate course and then apply for PSW after completion of ALL studies.

2. If you are applying for PSW but the market conditions are bad, then maybe returning to your home country and applying for PSW within 12 months would be a good idea as the market conditions may have improved and you have not wasted 12 months of PSW looking for a job?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:55 pm

it totally depend upon your luck mate.. some ppl got job in the last quarter but atleast u got 2 years to find a job not like IGS before where u never knew whether u will get a job or not in an year.....

life is tough so are we thats y GOD has made us humans...