ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stay Period Eligibility For ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

315cool
Newly Registered

Post by 315cool » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:48 pm

It is understood the HSMP candidate should not be away from UK for more than 3 months period [for counting stay in UK for ILR].

Is there any other condition that applies total so & so days in total 5 years period for eligibility to ILR.

Regards, 8)

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:55 pm

There isn't any formal guidance anymore. Its all down to teh case workers discretion.

The accepted practice (based on information provided by other members on this forum) appears to be that a single absence should be of less than than 3 months and the maximum number of days should be less than 180 in 5 years. Business visits will not be counted as long as you have a letter from an employer confirming that.

Unpaid holidays away from the UK are also risky, if you are near the 180 day threshhold.

315cool
Newly Registered

Post by 315cool » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Thanks Spartac.

I am wondering, if I should take up an offshore oil& gas job that calls for outside UK visits. To be specific 8 weeks out to offshore platform & 2 weeks in UK.

nnj10

Re: Stay Period Eligibility For ILR

Post by nnj10 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:28 pm

315cool wrote:Thanks Spartac.

I am wondering, if I should take up an offshore oil& gas job that calls for outside UK visits. To be specific 8 weeks out to offshore platform & 2 weeks in UK.
If you are going to work on an offshore platform that is within UK Territory (North sea etc.) it might count as you are within UK.