ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I extend tier 1 visa for the second time?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sasawat
Newly Registered

Can I extend tier 1 visa for the second time?

Post by sasawat » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:23 pm

Guys, need your help. Do you know if we after we extend Tier1 general, can we still extend this visa for the second time? It will be 3 + 2 + 2 years. I would like to know just in case I cannot get the ILR right after the period of 5 years stay. Thanks men!

push
United Kingdom

Re: Can I extend tier 1 visa for the second time?

Post by push » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 am

sasawat wrote:Guys, need your help. Do you know if we after we extend Tier1 general, can we still extend this visa for the second time? It will be 3 + 2 + 2 years. I would like to know just in case I cannot get the ILR right after the period of 5 years stay. Thanks men!
Yes. In all probability, the extension second time will be just sufficient for you to make it to ILR (assuming the qualifying period stays the same - which is not going to be the case)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sasawat
Newly Registered

Post by sasawat » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:47 am

push_hsmp, thousand thanks! I appreciate it. Need your comment on my case:

I've got Tier 1 which will start from 1st of June 09 (initial grant). Unfortunately, I've got to clear my work transition and personal issues e.g. family, which could take me up to 1 year. Thus, I plan to move to the UK next year (1st of June 10) and extend the visa for 2 times to get 5 years residential requirement (ILR). Do you think there will be any issues with this plan???? Definitely, I will go to the UK this June just to get my visa active. Please help share your valuable thought.... Thanks!

Thanks!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 am

sasawat wrote:push_hsmp, thousand thanks! I appreciate it. Need your comment on my case:

I've got Tier 1 which will start from 1st of June 09 (initial grant). Unfortunately, I've got to clear my work transition and personal issues e.g. family, which could take me up to 1 year. Thus, I plan to move to the UK next year (1st of June 10) and extend the visa for 2 times to get 5 years residential requirement (ILR). Do you think there will be any issues with this plan???? Definitely, I will go to the UK this June just to get my visa active. Please help share your valuable thought.... Thanks!

Thanks!
Thats fine. However, when you come to UK in June to kick start the ILR qualifying period clock, please bear in mind that HO might still not count the period from your June entry if you are away from UK for more than a certain duration (such a proposal is being discussed as part of the proposed changes to the immigration rules currently). So, in effect, the entire exercise of coming to UK to start the clock might prove infructous. At the same time it might help you in answering some questions when you re-enter after a year's time i.e. you might say, I came to UK last year, looked for job for a month and did not find any and had to return to my home country. I am not suggesting that if you did not provide the above excuse they would not allow you to enter UK. You can enter the country as long as your VISA is valid, even on the last day.
regards,
push

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Currently, if one is out of UK for more than 30 days, the continuity of the leave for ILR will be broken, from whatever I've read somewhere....

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 pm

ssvgopal wrote:Currently, if one is out of UK for more than 30 days, the continuity of the leave for ILR will be broken, from whatever I've read somewhere....
Thats for WP. Nothing is available for HSMP/Tier-1 expressly.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Btw it is not 30 days.
regards,
push

sasawat
Newly Registered

Post by sasawat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:23 am

thousand thanks! push_hsmp. quick questions: in that case if I extend the tier 1 visa for the second time, can I count my time from a year after till 5 years afterwards for my ILR qualifying period? for ILR it will be:

2 (initial grant) + 2 (first extension) + 1 (second extension) = 5 years

Is this strategy possible?

also, i intend to say like that when I re-enter a year after.

BTW, in this case, do I have to register with the police? assuming yes, where do I have to go? a police station closet to where i live?

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:29 am

push_hsmp wrote:
ssvgopal wrote:Currently, if one is out of UK for more than 30 days, the continuity of the leave for ILR will be broken, from whatever I've read somewhere....
Thats for WP. Nothing is available for HSMP/Tier-1 expressly.
hi push ,

the 90 days --180 days funda , is it just for wp guys ?

that means how manys days we(tier1) can be out of country without breaking ilr continuity ? any idea

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:59 pm

sasawat wrote:thousand thanks! push_hsmp. quick questions: in that case if I extend the tier 1 visa for the second time, can I count my time from a year after till 5 years afterwards for my ILR qualifying period? for ILR it will be:

2 (initial grant) + 2 (first extension) + 1 (second extension) = 5 years

Is this strategy possible?
very much
sasawat wrote:BTW, in this case, do I have to register with the police? assuming yes, where do I have to go? a police station closet to where i live?
Not everyone has to register with police. Does your VISA conditio say that?
regards,
push