ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents for spouse visa PLEASE HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kittyhen
Newly Registered

documents for spouse visa PLEASE HELP

Post by kittyhen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi there,

I am a UK citizen looking to have my Indian husband live with me in the UK.

I am just at the point of researching all the documents I will need for the application and I have a multitude of questions regarding what is needed.

Regarding the section on proof of relationship - we first met 2 years ago on the internet (sounds lame I know but you can't help where you find love lol), however I don't have the emails from those first couple of weeks of messaging each other, and because he doesn't have a computer at home and my laptop was stolen we graduated very early on to speaking on the phone almost every day. Will this be detrimental that I cannot produce those emails? Also I can supply 2 years of phone bills from my side as I have done almost all of the calling, however I use 0844 numbers so that I only pay around 0.5p/min and the phone bills just show this number and not his actual mobile number that I am calling. He has a pay-as-you-go mobile so cannot show calls he has made to me (which were rare anyway as they cost 10 rupees a minute). Can this be used as evidence or will they not consider seeing this number called every day for two years as proof of us speaking to each other?

We just recently got married also. We decided on just myself going over for the ceremony in India and that we would have a seperate blessing here in the uk at some point for my family. Will that count against us that my family were not present for the civil marriage? We did not have a big wedding at all, but we do have lots of pictures of the civil signings and the blessing in our church and I have my receipt for my dress and the cake which we got.

Regarding proof of finances - I have a pretty good job here in the uk and have enough to support both and I also have plenty of savings. Everywhere I have looked at what documents are needed for this section noone seems to mention supplying employment documents for the applicant. I can supply numerous documents about my own finances that show we will not rely on public funds in any way and it was also mentioned in another post about not putting in unecessary documents so I was wondering if my husband needs to match all my employment documents with his own indian ones or if mine will be enough and just putting in his CV along with his qualification docs? Also I have letters of job offers for him (admittedly they are not great jobs, hotel work and the like) will these be necessary if my finances are good?

Any help from some people who have experience in this or can provide any help at all would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Personally I would go with whatever you have got as proof. Every application is or should be assessed on it's own merits.

Proof of Relationship

Phone Bills - you could highlight the numbers and and explanation.
I am sure they see this all of the time!!

Cards/letters that you have sent to each other.

Letter of support from you - explaining how you met and how the relationship progress etc - your life story, LOL!!!!!

Yes any receipts for your wedding outfit - all significant.

Your bank statements, savings, etc.

Accomodation proof - that you have got adequate room for him to stay, that your rent or mortgage is paid and up to date.

Supporting letters, from family and friends on both sides if possible, they will consider these!! as we were informed!

Photos of you as a couple etc!!!!!

Maybe flight tickets and itinary, when you went there.

This should give you a starting point, it may help!!!!!!

I am sure others will add to this or advise against parts,but i can only advise on my experience and on our original application we hardly had any of this , because of the silly solicitor, lol!

So bring on the appeal minus the overcharging solicitor!!!!!!!!!!
???REUNITED???

kittyhen
Newly Registered

update on my docs but still have some questions ?

Post by kittyhen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Ok so I have started putting together the file for our application and I think that its going well. Here is what I have so far (I will get all copies notarized nearer the time; documents in red are coming; questions are in green):

SECTION 1 - SPONSER
Sponser letter
Copy of passport
Copy of Driving license
Birth Certificate
NI card
NHS card
Qualifications
CV

SECTION 2 - APPLICANT
Applicant letter
Passport
PAN card
Birth Certificate

SECTION 3 - PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
Phone bills - the phone bills stretch back over the two years. however one is in my dad's name as I was living there, one is in my mum's name as i call him from her house when I stay there at weekends, and another is in my friend's name as I have been living at her flat for the past 6 months. they are all going to write that I was staying with them in their letters of support and that is why they have supplied their phone bills (I wasn't on any leases or anything so don't have proof in that sense). my mobile bill is in my name however. Is this ok? and I still don't know what to do over showing my husbands calls. He is now in the process of getting a pay monthly mobile so that he can start collecting some bills, would that be helpful?
phone cards
plane tickets and boarding passes
copies of India visas
photos (there are over 100)
Marriage certificate
Emails - I still am worried that I didn't keep any of our really old emails from when we first started talking, and there are only a handful from throughout our relationship. my husband has started to email me now whenever he can get to a cafe but again like the mobile I don't know if this is helpful.
Cards & Letters - When I started compiling our folder I just realised how lazy I have been in written communication with my husband, we have just been relying on the phone for talking every day! I have two letters from him and I he has about 4 from me (and that is in 2 years!!!!) Like the mobile and emails we are beginning to post more to each other. If this won't look good or help I won't bother to include it
Letters of support
wedding receipts
msn transcripts - I have a couple of these but I don't understand how they can possibly be used as evidence! They have no date or time signatures. When I clicked for it to save as on my desktop after the conversation was over it just created a word document which I then printed out. I mean you could type these out if you had like a month to spare and didn't mind going crazy??!!! has anyone else used these in their application?

SECTION 4 - ACCOMMODATION
I have a major question to ask here. I have two options about where we live. We can either live in a flat of our own which I have no problem with or my dad has offered that we live with him. He lives in a council flat, which he does not pay rent on because he is on disability living allowance. If the council allows us to stay then the flat has four bedrooms so plenty of room. What I need to know is if this is allowed?

SECTION 5 - FINANCES
Letter from employer
letters of contract
payslips (1 years worth)
Bank statements (6 months worth)
ISA statements
Credit Card statements (6 months worth)
P60s (from this year and last)

SECTION 6 - JOB PROSPECTS FOR APPLICANT
Qualifications of applicant
CV of applicant
Offers of employment
Stats published by the Scottish government about employment levels in Aberdeen

khan85

Post by khan85 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:27 pm

hi just read ur posts and would like to say you have got evrything need, what ever you have written in green you can clarify it in an Intention Letter/Cover Letter..

i didnt even have any bills because i used a Vodafone PAYG mobile and it worked out cheap.. so all i did was print the page where there offer/price of the call was and put it in the folder and i also used calling cards which i included. so in ur case on all the bills Highlight the number you called and then in the letter mention that you wer living with different people. Dont worry to much about the e/mails, msn etc as long as you have a variety of them. i had only 2 cards from my husband and from his side he had just 1 card. most of the communication was done by me (sponsor)

as for accomodation if you are going to live with ur dad you will need to have permission from council and a report showing that when you husband arrives it wont be over crowded and a letter from your dad saying that he doesnt have a problem with you guys living there and he can also add that you will be helping him out as he is disabled etc. You can phone the council and as them if they do the Housing Inspection Report which is usually free or they will give you a number you can contact. However if you choose to rent your own flat then you will need to add you tenancy agreement, utility bills, Rent Receipts, Photos, letter from landlord saying he has agreed for you hubby to join you and the Housing Inspection Report

If documents such as Marriage Certificate are in foreign language like urdu/Hindi then you will need to add an attested translation and put that in the file too.

last but not least make sure you label each section like you have done on the forum the easy the folder the quicker the ECO can see all the documents. and if you are still in doubt then pop into an Immigration Advisory Service they will help you out big time other than that you seem to have all the documents i included in my case and my husbands viza was issued in Pakistan in 20 days..

Gud luck!!! :P

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:39 pm

Read the personal message that I sent today in your private message box