ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Waiting Times from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepakag123
Newly Registered

Got Wife's Tier 1 Dependent visa today

Post by deepakag123 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:08 am

Hi,

Just got my wife's Tier 1 Dependent visa today via Blue dart. The details are:

Applied on : 24th March 2009
Applied from : VFS, Bangalore
Status changed on VFS Tracking - 17th April 2009
Received the documents - 18th April 2009 via Blue dart courier.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Got Wife's Tier 1 Dependent visa today

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 pm

deepakag123 wrote:Hi,

Just got my wife's Tier 1 Dependent visa today via Blue dart. The details are:

Applied on : 24th March 2009
Applied from : VFS, Bangalore
Status changed on VFS Tracking - 17th April 2009
Received the documents - 18th April 2009 via Blue dart courier.
Congo mate - Looks like a ray of hope for all who applied from Chennai VFS.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Has anyone else got the Tier1 Dependant Visa recently from Chennai BDHC ?

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi All,
I am currently working and living in UK and holoding Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa.Wanted to apply for dependent visa for my newly wedded wife.

I came to vfs office in Bangalore to apply dependent visa for my wife assuming that I need to pay only 18k but they told me fee is 50k at vfs. but I am unsure of the fee that I need to pay or no proper clarification at vfs. We got married recently on 12th of April.

My initial HSMP approval was made on 12th September 2006 and entry clearence on 11/2006 with visa validity till 11/2008.Then I extended my visa on Tier 1 (General) which is valid till 11/2011.

Can you please confirm me which application I need to use VAF 2 or VAF 10. Since I fall under old rules do I need to show maintenance of funds? Can you please confirm me the fee I need to pay?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:41 pm

sreblog wrote:Hi All,

Can you please confirm me which application I need to use VAF 2 or VAF 10. Since I fall under old rules do I need to show maintenance of funds? Can you please confirm me the fee I need to pay?
I was in the same boat as you. HSMP approved in October 2008. TIER 1 stamped in February. My wife just got her visa - Fees are Rs 50650 (Inc all facilities, i.e. tax, Blue Dart courier etc) I know its expensive but believe me it will be worth it when u ll be joined by ur other half. VAF 10 is the right form
x

worldpeace

Still waiting

Post by worldpeace » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi all,

Congrats Deepak.

Did anyone else get an update?

For me, this seems like a never ending wait. Very soon it will be 1.5 months since we applied for dependents Visa at Hyderabad VFS.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm

dear friends,

i faced one of the awkward situation today with my wife visa getting refused.

ECO has refused her visa considering 1 month bank statement which i had sent showing circling the salary credited from my company for march month along with 6 month payslips.

I had sent flex saver bank accounts for 3 months 18th Dec 2008 to 27th March 2009. to show mantainence of funds.

they have rejected telling no funds for 3 months.

I and wife had written in respective covering letter telling to consider the claim period from hsbc flex saver account. where more that 1600 £ have been mantained, although i had to mantain only 533£ as im in uk more than 2 years.

Also wife had mentioned in Vaf 10 form to consider the period 18th Dec 2008 to 27th March 2009 where more that 1600 £ funds have been mantained by my husband

Can you please tell me how can i appeal.?
and what i should do? i have almost broken down and dont know what to do .. please help me guys

this clearly shows how the chennai people process, all they tell they have read everything, a school kid will understand which statement to consider giving the period and dates.

Please some one help how to appeal

mpunaskar
United Kingdom

Post by mpunaskar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:57 pm

sreblog wrote:Hi All,
I am currently working and living in UK and holoding Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa.Wanted to apply for dependent visa for my newly wedded wife.

I came to vfs office in Bangalore to apply dependent visa for my wife assuming that I need to pay only 18k but they told me fee is 50k at vfs. but I am unsure of the fee that I need to pay or no proper clarification at vfs. We got married recently on 12th of April.

My initial HSMP approval was made on 12th September 2006 and entry clearence on 11/2006 with visa validity till 11/2008.Then I extended my visa on Tier 1 (General) which is valid till 11/2011.

I think reduced fee of INR 18750 is for Tier1 General dependent whose spouse has got :

1> Hsmp approval letter AND
2> Got Tier 1 (General) Visa under Transitional arrangement i.e. Applied for HSMP -> HSMP approval received (but visa not yet stamped on passport) -> HSMP scheme got closed ->passport sent for stamping -> got Tier 1 General visa stamped instead

Can Senior and experienced members please confirm this ?

kiran_mannava
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant visa

Post by kiran_mannava » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi.. its really pathetic.. that shows how worst the BHC Chennai has gone..

Even I have applied for Tier 1 dependant visa for my wife on 14th April from Hyderabad VFS.
The situation seems to be a bit similar to yours.

I have been in UK from 25,Jan,2009 and by the time I have opened the bank account it's 3rd, March, 2009.

We have submitted the following proofs:
1) 3month bank statement of my wife's account, maintaining more £1600(1.5lac INR )

2)One month bank statement of mine, covering the salary credited.
3) Marriage certificate
4) My employer letter.

Is my situation similar to you?
As per my understanding, there's no need to show the proof of funds for the main applicant, although he/she has to maintain.

Regards,
Kiran
Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa wrote:dear friends,

i faced one of the awkward situation today with my wife visa getting refused.

ECO has refused her visa considering 1 month bank statement which i had sent showing circling the salary credited from my company for march month along with 6 month payslips.

I had sent flex saver bank accounts for 3 months 18th Dec 2008 to 27th March 2009. to show mantainence of funds.

they have rejected telling no funds for 3 months.

I and wife had written in respective covering letter telling to consider the claim period from hsbc flex saver account. where more that 1600 £ have been mantained, although i had to mantain only 533£ as im in uk more than 2 years.

Also wife had mentioned in Vaf 10 form to consider the period 18th Dec 2008 to 27th March 2009 where more that 1600 £ funds have been mantained by my husband

Can you please tell me how can i appeal.?
and what i should do? i have almost broken down and dont know what to do .. please help me guys

this clearly shows how the chennai people process, all they tell they have read everything, a school kid will understand which statement to consider giving the period and dates.

Please some one help how to appeal

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:35 pm

mpunaskar wrote:
sreblog wrote:
I think reduced fee of INR 18750 is for Tier1 General dependent whose spouse has got :

2> Got Tier 1 (General) Visa under Transitional arrangement i.e. Applied for HSMP -> HSMP approval received (but visa not yet stamped on passport) -> HSMP scheme got closed ->passport sent for stamping -> got Tier 1 General visa stamped instead

Okay - here is the piece of advice -

VFS in india will go by whats been endorsed on your Visa stamp. If it says TIER 1 GENERAL than you will need to pay 50650 INR per dependent's application.

Even if you had old style HSMP approval (initial or extension) and when your passport has been stamped with TIER 1 -> you will be liable to pay the charges of 50650 INR

Thanks,
R

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 dependant visa

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:42 pm

[quote="kiran_mannava"]Hi.. its really pathetic.. that shows how worst the BHC Chennai has gone..

Even I have applied for Tier 1 dependant visa for my wife on 14th April from Hyderabad VFS.
The situation seems to be a bit similar to yours.

I have been in UK from 25,Jan,2009 and by the time I have opened the bank account it's 3rd, March, 2009.

We have submitted the following proofs:
1) 3month bank statement of my wife's account, maintaining more £1600(1.5lac INR ) --- CORRECT

2)One month bank statement of mine, covering the salary credited. - NOT ESSENTIAL BUT ADVANTAGEOUS

3) Marriage certificate -- CORRECT

4) My employer letter. -- AGAIN NOT A MUST DOCUMENT BUT ADVANTAGEOUS

Is my situation similar to you?

As per my understanding, there's no need to show the proof of funds for the main applicant, although he/she has to maintain - CORRECT

Regards,
Kiran

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:46 pm

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa :::

Hello - It is hearbreaking to know the purdle you have found yourself in, because of stupid ECO in VFS, India.

If you have a letter that you can email me (one came with your rejection) and I might be able to help. email me directly - rakeysh.patel@gmail.com

General idea says that you should be able to fight for your money and it should be approved when u appeal. I do not wanna throw the last nail in the coffin, but Appeal process takes for ever in an exceptional cases.

Thanks,
R

mpunaskar
United Kingdom

Post by mpunaskar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:57 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
mpunaskar wrote:
sreblog wrote:

Okay - here is the piece of advice -

VFS in india will go by whats been endorsed on your Visa stamp. If it says TIER 1 GENERAL than you will need to pay 50650 INR per dependent's application.

Even if you had old style HSMP approval (initial or extension) and when your passport has been stamped with TIER 1 -> you will be liable to pay the charges of 50650 INR

Thanks,
R
If thats what VFS Banglore guys told you then :

1> 18750 INR fee is only for dependents of HSMP VISA holders who have got VISA - HSMP VISA stamped on their passport

2> and it has nothing to do with HSMP approval letter + Tier1 got under transitional arrangements

This clearly means VFS has either :

1> Put up wrong information on their site

OR

2> They are charging excess fee IRRESPCTIVE of user has got HSMP approval letter + got transitional Tier 1 Visa (in short ignoring RULES set up UK Homeoffice)

????

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 pm

I am not trying to favour anyone. But English is a FUNNY language. As far as I remember - on that website it says - TIER 1 Genral Dependent - 50650 INR.

You have to understand that - your visa is already processed and you fall as TIER 1 General Migrant. If you were applying for your wife at the same time when you send your passport than yes, your fees would have been only 18750 INR. As we speak, you already have a TIER 1 Visa and dependent visa fee is clearly stated on th first raw as 50650.

SEE HERE

Thanks,
R

mpunaskar
United Kingdom

Post by mpunaskar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 pm

When i called up VFS call center, cust-service lady told that fee (tier 1 dependent visa under transitional arrangement ) would be 16000 INR

I dont even know how & where does she manged to invent that figure from

speechless

:D

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 am

hi rakesh(raxs1983)
have dropped you an email.. please check and reply with your number..

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:45 am

mpunaskar wrote:When i called up VFS call center, cust-service lady told that fee (tier 1 dependent visa under transitional arrangement ) would be 16000 INR

I dont even know how & where does she manged to invent that figure from

speechless

:D
Lol :lol: - I just spoke to a fellow member of the forum. To cut the CRAP, it is 50650 wether or not you like it.
x

mpunaskar
United Kingdom

Post by mpunaskar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:49 pm

@raxs1983 : I heard you. Now let me hear from others.

Is there anyone on this forum who managed to pay INR 18750 as a Tier (1) dependent visa application fee?

If yes , When was your HSMP approval letter was issued and Which visa is stamped in your passport?

Thanks in advance

worldpeace

Got Visa today

Post by worldpeace » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:20 pm

All,

Finally we received our passports today by courier, with the stamping :)

Tier 1 Dependents
Date of application 16th March 09
Date of receiving 29th April 09
Applied from VFS Hyderabad.

This should give a ray of hope to all those who are waiting.

Good luck to all.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Got Visa today

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:17 pm

worldpeace wrote:All,

Tier 1 Dependents

Good luck to all.
hahah - i can see a level of joy.. good luck
x

bonvivz

Re: Got Visa today

Post by bonvivz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 pm

worldpeace wrote:All,

Tier 1 Dependents

Good luck to all.
Finally! Congrats worldpeace! nearly 7 weeks.. thats quite too much..

"Sabr ka phal meetha hota hain...":)

bonvivz

Tricky One!

Post by bonvivz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Guys,

Heres a tricky one, need your advise on this. Now watching the timelines for Chennai BHC and I will be applying from VFS Hyderabad, its taking ages according to the experiences posted by folks here.

Now can you pour in some thoughts if we can apply from other centers like VFS Ahmedabad/Bombay, i currently assume we have to go the nearest VFS available to your hometown. Can you guys correct me i am wrong?

Thanks

bon

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Re: Tricky One!

Post by datastage152902 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:34 pm

bonvivz wrote:Guys,

Heres a tricky one, need your advise on this. Now watching the timelines for Chennai BHC and I will be applying from VFS Hyderabad, its taking ages according to the experiences posted by folks here.

Now can you pour in some thoughts if we can apply from other centers like VFS Ahmedabad/Bombay, i currently assume we have to go the nearest VFS available to your hometown. Can you guys correct me i am wrong?

Thanks

bon
Finally I have some News to Share.

The Dependents Visa has been approved for my wife and my son (US Resident). It was applied in VFS , Pune

Here are the timelines:

Date of Submission and BioMetrics : 13th May 2009
Date of Passport Collection Request : 20th May 2009

Anybody needing any advise, please shoot. Thanks for the co-operation from Many

Regards,
Dstage

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Sat May 30, 2009 7:52 am

Hi All,

Good morning.

I got my Tier 1 general Visa 2 months back and I am planning to apply dependant visa for my spouse and kid.

I am looking for the covering letter format for dependant. Could you please share the covering letter format to me.

Regards

Kandasamy

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:58 pm

HI,

I have applied for my deps (Tier1 g)-dep)from chennai VFS on 03 june..

Let see how fast we get the reult..
Lady at the VFS counter said it takes 15 working days.
Last edited by dima on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.