ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mainteinance Fund confusion ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markotsg

Mainteinance Fund confusion ???

Post by markotsg » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Hello all

The guidance states that 3 months immediatly prior the appliaction date statements need to cover and the last statement can not be older then 30 days
if you apply on 30 May for example to me this states that your last statement can be dated even 2 May and the whole period claimed would be 1 Feb- 2May (90 days)

I spoke to Home Office today and they advised me that I need to show transactions upt to 29 may?????????
This doesnt make sense wtih the rule that last statement can b eup to 30 days old.
How can I show the transcations a day berore I apply?? I cnt order statements, bank is no longer providing stamps, and the only thing I can do is print that period before applications date.

Anyone else got the their extensions and what are your expiriences please?

Please help :(

markotsg

Post by markotsg » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:05 pm

can anyone assist please??? :( :(

romanslon
Newly Registered

Post by romanslon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:15 pm

hi mate,

'I need to show transactions upt to 29 may????????? '
-I found that they arent professional there, so dont consider her anwer as a 100% right decison.

Why you didnt referrer to the Guidance Rules?(epecially when you speak with HO reps)

It's clear stated there that recent statement date must be no older than 1 month(calendar month).

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Mainteinance Fund confusion ???

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:27 pm

markotsg wrote:Hello all

The guidance states that 3 months immediatly prior the appliaction date statements need to cover and the last statement can not be older then 30 days
if you apply on 30 May for example to me this states that your last statement can be dated even 2 May and the whole period claimed would be 1 Feb- 2May (90 days)

I spoke to Home Office today and they advised me that I need to show transactions upt to 29 may?????????
This doesnt make sense wtih the rule that last statement can b eup to 30 days old.
How can I show the transcations a day berore I apply?? I cnt order statements, bank is no longer providing stamps, and the only thing I can do is print that period before applications date.

Anyone else got the their extensions and what are your expiriences please?

Please help :(
Please correct the dates it is confusing.

You meant - HO rep asked you to show the statement upto 29th APRIL and not may ??

Write down the date you are willing to apply and one of us will be happy to assist.

thanks,
r

markotsg

Post by markotsg » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:34 pm

I would like to apply on 25 May
I was going to provide original statements from HSBC for my Online saver covering period from 1 Feb - 6 May (90 days) tha last statement 19 days old from the date of application 25 May

HO rep told me that rule is corect but they prefer that all the days are included on statements even 23rd, 24th in my example

The only thing I can do is print trasnacatons forthis one week period not covered by statements and the original statements will proove that fudns are matched with printouts and available

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:40 pm

markotsg wrote:I would like to apply on 25 May
I was going to provide original statements from HSBC for my Online saver covering period from 1 Feb - 6 May (90 days) tha last statement 19 days old from the date of application 25 May

HO rep told me that rule is corect but they prefer that all the days are included on statements even 23rd, 24th in my example

The only thing I can do is print trasnacatons forthis one week period not covered by statements and the original statements will proove that fudns are matched with printouts and available
Well, it is preferable but not necessary.

You can send the bank statements from 1st Feb to 5th May as you quoted.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:17 pm

it shouldnt be less than a month thats what guidelines show. So there shouldnt be a question about this.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:04 pm

markotsg wrote:I would like to apply on 25 May

Dont worry. What you are planning to do is correct i.e. just submit 3 months (not 90 days) statements with the last statement date no earlier than 1 month from the date of application.

Dont provide transaction printouts till the date immediately before application date as then the caseworker will use those as supplied evidence and reject the application citing the reason that the statements are not stamped etc.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Guru above is 100% right. I just read that statements has to be 3 months and not 90 days. Also, do not create a mess for yourself by sending an transaction right upto the day before you send ur application. If you do so, you need it stamped, on letter headed paper, beggin/pleading to advisor in bank, Case worker gets confuse on when to count the statement date etc etc

sunny2004

Maintenance Fund Query

Post by sunny2004 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 pm

This is very urgent and any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
This is the extract from HO's Tier 1 general Policy Guidelines.
I am submitting this particular letter to prove my Maintenance Fund Requirements.

Letter from bank confirming funds and iii) that they have been in the bank for at least three months:
The letter from a bank or building society should show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the letter
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
the funds held in the applicant’s account•
that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been “• in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter.â€
Last edited by sunny2004 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance Fund Query

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:28 pm

sunny2004 wrote:This is very urgent and any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
I have doubt about the part of the sentence enclosed in “ “ If Bank is providing the letter dated 08-April-2009 to me showing the minimum funds available from 01-Jan-2009 to 07-April-2009. I have also made sure that Date of the Letter is no more than one calendar month before the date of application.
Is that ok? .
To the best of my knowledge it is absolutely fine. I.E -> If the bank issues the letter on 8th APRIL 2009 to confirm (in writting) the maintained balance for 1 Jan 2009 to 7th April 2009. ALSO - you can write in the coverling letter explaining "Bank is only authorized to confirm the funds in writing upto close of previous business day" Common sense says that how can bank issue a letter to you at 3pm with the balance on the day where as you can withdraw all damn money from the bank later the same day. (hope case worker is wise eough to understand the plain english)
x

sunny2004

Maintenance Fund Query

Post by sunny2004 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:40 pm

Thanks raxs1983 for your prompt response.

As you would imagine my dilema after having spoken to 3 diff. members from HO Public enquiry and trying to explain them this bank's situation, they still insisted on having Bank mention the balance on the date of letter too.

I am not sure how this HO clause appeals to anyone and seems logical?

sunny2004

Maintenance Fund Query - Online Bank Statments

Post by sunny2004 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:53 pm

One more doubt related to Online Bank Statements:

I have managed to get my Online statements printed on Bank’s letter head from Local Branch.( NOT STAMPED & SIGNED)

Do I need to provide the Bank’s Cover letter as well confirming these statements?

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:56 am

Hi,
After reading this post I also got confused. Kindly look at my case and advice me if I have done something wrong.
I have applied on 26 March (WP to tier-1), in country + 1 dependent.
I have taken bank statement on 25th March from HSBC bank and bank has not stamped it as it is on bank stationary.
Transactions in bank statement is from 31 Oct 08 to 19 March 09 ( last transactionis on 19 March 09).
Maintenance funds in the bank statement has been shown in my cover letter for 10 Dec 08 to 23 March 09(by mistake I have written date as 23rd March while last transaction is on 19 March in the statement).

1) Now if you consider three months then case worker is going to consider Dec, Jan and Feb months for maintenance funds calculation while I do not have sufficient funds for first 10 days of Dec. 08. If you consider 90 days then I do have sufficient funds from 10 Dec 08 to 10 March 09.
Kindly let me know if I am in any danger or I have done something wrong or my maintenance funds duration is correct or incorrect ? I can still send UKBA my Barclays bank statement(another bank where I have account) statement for Dec month(where I have funds available for that period) so if they consider month wise rather than 90 days then I can be saved . Please advice...

2) MY HSBC bank statement does not have bank stamp on it as bank has stopped putting bank stamp on the statements. But my bank statement has bank name, logo, my name and my account number along with transactions that I have done. Is my bank statement valid ?

Please advice as my case is going to be considered soon so if needed I can take corrective steps...

Thanks

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:19 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:Hi,

1) Now if you consider three months then case worker is going to consider Dec, Jan and Feb months for maintenance funds calculation while I do not have sufficient funds for first 10 days of Dec. 08. If you consider 90 days then I do have sufficient funds from 10 Dec 08 to 10 March 09.
Kindly let me know if I am in any danger or I have done something wrong or my maintenance funds duration is correct or incorrect ? I can still send UKBA my Barclays bank statement(another bank where I have account) statement for Dec month(where I have funds available for that period) so if they consider month wise rather than 90 days then I can be saved . Please advice...
YOU ARE FINE MATE. When you sent in a statement upto 19th March 2009, Logically, Case worker should consider your maintanance criteria from the period 20 December 2008 till 19th March 2009. As long as your funds are been maintaind during this perios - You are all sweet.
(2) MY HSBC bank statement does not have bank stamp on it as bank has stopped putting bank stamp on the statements. But my bank statement has bank name, logo, my name and my account number along with transactions that I have done. Is my bank statement valid ?
YOU ARE GOOD WITH THIS AS WELL. I had sent in my statement from Natwest. i used my first reserved account (which dsnt produce statement monthly). I req statements to be sent to me in post. It was on there letter head and I sent that as it was (WITHOUT STAMP) and it was considered.

Sit back and wait for the moment my friend you ll be okay (instinct !!!)

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:42 pm

I have taken this statement by visiting the brach. Shoul it be still fine ?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I have taken this statement by visiting the brach. Shoul it be still fine ?
Is it on official letter head? If yes, You are fine. Saying that, when I applied for my wife's visa from india - I sent a statement from Natwest bank. They do not print statement on Letter head paper but at the time of printing, it also prints a natwest logo (black and white on a simple A4 paper) and they stamped it. I would assume a lot depends on how well case worker's previous night was before he/she gets on ur case, which is ethnically not right..

x

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:30 pm

It is on official letterhead with HSBC logo.

sunny2004

Online Bank Statments

Post by sunny2004 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:21 am

I have stuck with another issue regarding my Internet Bank Statments.

1. I have Online Bank Statements printed on Bank's Letter head from Internet Banking but niether supported by letter nor stamped.

2. I also have Online Bank statments which are not printed on Bank's Letter Head but it's supported by Bank's letter.
The letter states "We confirm that you hold a/c <XXXXXX> with us. Please find attached statments provided by <Bank's Name> for the period covering <From Date> and <To Date>.

Can anyone please guide us to choose the best and reliable option from the above?