ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent is already in UK on student Visa!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirav
Newly Registered

Dependent is already in UK on student Visa!

Post by nirav » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:21 pm

My wife is doing a 3 year masters course which she is going to complete in feb 2010. she is currently on student visa but her visa expires on 30th June 2009.

I know she has to travel to India to switch the category from student to Tier 1 dependent but can she continue studying FULL TIME on PSW Dependent?

Below is the reply we received from VFS in India

"With regard to your query, you would be able to apply for PSW dependent visa from India, however you would not be able to continue your studies on PSW dependent visa.
Applicants need to have the visa based on the purpose of stay in UK."

I don't get this whatsoever. Will appreciate some clarification if you have gone through this in the past.

nirav

nirav
Newly Registered

Post by nirav » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Will appreciate if someone is here to answer this Q. I have to book the tickets for here asap.

cheers
nirav

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:06 pm

nirav wrote:Hi Guys,

Will appreciate if someone is here to answer this Q. I have to book the tickets for here asap.

cheers
nirav
When course is going to end in 2010 then they must have issued visa till end of course,its bit strage why they have issued only till june 2009. I would say , as long as she is a student its better to extend student visa till course completion.

nirav
Newly Registered

Post by nirav » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply!

They gave a visa until June 09 because she was doing her post graduate diploma for 2 yrs, i.e. up to Feb 2009 and the MA was to start in March 2009. When she applied for the extension she wasn't enrolled on MA, since it was dependent on successful completion of the PG Diploma. Now she has cleared the PG Diploma and has enrolled on the MA programme.....but her visa returned in due course valid only till June 2009.

We would prefer her to be dependent on my visa to make our future applications easier. My main worry is if she switches to dependent visa then is she still allowed to study full time.

response appreciated.

Nirav

sreblog wrote:
nirav wrote:Hi Guys,

cheers
nirav
When course is going to end in 2010 then they must have issued visa till end of course,its bit strage why they have issued only till june 2009. I would say , as long as she is a student its better to extend student visa till course completion.

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:35 pm

I dont think it should be a problem to study on dependent visa. Normally tier1 dependents are allowed to work as well. It should not be a problem.You can also check with the university where she is doing her programe.

nirav
Newly Registered

Post by nirav » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:01 am

Hey Thanks!

That does release some pressure. Any more people who can confirm this?

nirav
sreblog wrote:I dont think it should be a problem to study on dependent visa. Normally tier1 dependents are allowed to work as well. It should not be a problem.You can also check with the university where she is doing her programe.