ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Full-time graduate study while on Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Achtung79
Newly Registered

Full-time graduate study while on Tier 1 (General)

Post by Achtung79 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:27 am

I currently qualify for the Tier 1 (general) visa and will be applying from the US.

I would like to know if it is possible to complete a full-time Masters degree while in the UK on tier 1? I would like to advance my qualifications before beginning full-time work. It would take around 18 months to receive a Master's degree (MBA).

As long as I earn enough in the final 12 months, will I qualify for an extension? Is full-time study on Tier 1 G a breach of UK immigration law?

Please advise,

Thank you

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:29 am

Been there, done that. Voila

Achtung79
Newly Registered

Post by Achtung79 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:39 am

Great, thank you. Doesn't seem like we have consensus!

sasawat
Newly Registered

Post by sasawat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:36 am

Guys? so it's true that we can study full time master degree??? I'm looking for an MBA so... please help confirm. not sure if we will be considered immigration breach.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Sasawat,

You can study for your MBA as far as you have enough money to survive in UK and also to extend your stay at the time of extension.But legally you should be using student visa for study as Tier 1 (General) is sort of visa granted for people who contribute to UK economy.
sasawat wrote:Guys? so it's true that we can study full time master degree??? I'm looking for an MBA so... please help confirm. not sure if we will be considered immigration breach.