ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier(1) general-how old can b maintenance fund bank statmnt?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KiranKodati
Newly Registered

Tier(1) general-how old can b maintenance fund bank statmnt?

Post by KiranKodati » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Hello all

I am going to apply under Tier (1) general from Japan this month end. Now I am in the process of collecting documents. My bank statement for maintenance fund should come from India. Now my dad collected the statement on 18 Apr 2009, and will courier on 22 Apr 2009. Courier may reach me (Japan) by this month end.

If I apply in may 1st week, will HO consider my bank statement that I took on 18 Apr?

How latest the bank statement should be. considering it should arrive from India.

Any answer will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

UK_BR5

Re: Tier(1) general-how old can b maintenance fund bank stat

Post by UK_BR5 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:39 pm

KiranKodati wrote:Hello all

I am going to apply under Tier (1) general from Japan this month end. Now I am in the process of collecting documents. My bank statement for maintenance fund should come from India. Now my dad collected the statement on 18 Apr 2009, and will courier on 22 Apr 2009. Courier may reach me (Japan) by this month end.

If I apply in may 1st week, will HO consider my bank statement that I took on 18 Apr?

How latest the bank statement should be. considering it should arrive from India.

Thank you
does this mean that you have bank statements covering only till 31 March ? i.e. since you collected your statement on April the 18th ?

if yes and you will apply in May, then you should get April's statement covered as well.However, if you already have the official statement till the 18th of April, then you can apply immediately.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:55 pm

You have to provide evidence that balance of your account in last 3 months never went below minimum reqd.
For this you have to submit letter/document which is not older that 1 month. If you got letter on April 18th then you can use that letter till May 17th.

KiranKodati
Newly Registered

Post by KiranKodati » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:16 am

Thank you so much for your answer.
I am planning to apply before May 6th. In that there shouldn't be any problem.

Thank you chetanojha..
chetanojha wrote:You have to provide evidence that balance of your account in last 3 months never went below minimum reqd.
For this you have to submit letter/document which is not older that 1 month. If you got letter on April 18th then you can use that letter till May 17th.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:50 pm

Your statement shouldnt be less than a month old refer to the guidelines...

blue.olive

Re: Tier(1) general-how old can b maintenance fund bank stat

Post by blue.olive » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:01 am

KiranKodati wrote:Hello all

Thank you
I think it would be fine, as along as its not older then one month and it covers whole period for which you claiming your income , there is not nothing wrong with that
Good luck

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Just make sure that if you are sending them another bank statements to show as evidence of your salary and that is dated more recent than your maintenance fund statements - that it does not dip below the magic figure of £800! They will consider the most recent bank statement and use those dates to look at your maintenance funds - i got caught out like that!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:13 pm

THENDIST wrote:Just make sure that if you are sending them another bank statements to show as evidence of your salary and that is dated more recent than your maintenance fund statements - that it does not dip below the magic figure of £800! They will consider the most recent bank statement and use those dates to look at your maintenance funds - i got caught out like that!
This seems to be a one off case/s. If you are providing evidence from different accounts, then HO/BHC has to look at the statements provided for maintenance funds and not the other one, irrespective of the date of issue.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

suse76
Newly Registered

Post by suse76 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 pm

THENDIST wrote:Just make sure that if you are sending them another bank statements to show as evidence of your salary and that is dated more recent than your maintenance fund statements - that it does not dip below the magic figure of £800! They will consider the most recent bank statement and use those dates to look at your maintenance funds - i got caught out like that!
I can back you on this, mine was also refused due to the same issue.
Make sure the statements for the maintenance funds are dated later than any other statements you are providing for other criterias...

Did you dispute this? Did you get anywhere with the HO as I think they are wrong as I cannot find any rule that states this? Would be good to know.. Thanks

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:51 pm

Yes i was given the right to appeal and mine is on May 8th. What is the experience of members in producing new evidence at an appeal ie showing new evidence that the days that you have been shown to dip below £800, you can prove that you have had the required funds? Thanks

suse76
Newly Registered

Post by suse76 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:05 pm

THENDIST wrote:Yes i was given the right to appeal and mine is on May 8th. What is the experience of members in producing new evidence at an appeal ie showing new evidence that the days that you have been shown to dip below £800, you can prove that you have had the required funds? Thanks
Good luck with your appeal, please do keep me updated as to the outcome because if you win I will definately think about getting a solicitor involved as I have no right to appeal.

Thanks

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Sat May 09, 2009 11:52 am

suse76 - you mentioned that you have no right of appeal - how are you going to involve a solicitor and for what reason?

suse76
Newly Registered

Post by suse76 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:46 pm

THENDIST wrote:suse76 - you mentioned that you have no right of appeal - how are you going to involve a solicitor and for what reason?
No I don't have any right to appeal as I still have leave to remain in the UK.
I re-applied for my HSMP and was approved last Thursday but I will still dispute the first refusal.
I will have to write to my MP, not sure how far this will get me but we will see how it goes...
Did you win your appeal? Was it a HO mistake?

So my application was refused because I supplied bank statements from 2 separate accounts, the statements I provided for previous earnings were dated closer to the application date than the maintenance fund statements (even though the maintenance statements were within one month of application date).
The case worker disregarded the maintenance fund statements and used the previous earnings statements because these were dated closer to the application date.

Am I correct in saying that your application was refused for this same reason?

If yes, how did your appeal go?