ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to tier 1 timeframe help please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

laxani

HSMP to tier 1 timeframe help please

Post by laxani » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi,
I have the 2 year initial HSMP expiring in December, and would want to extent=d it to tier 1. I have checked that I have 80 points, hence I do qualify.
could you please let me know when can I apply for extension at the earliest? ( I am planning to visit India, my home, during the month of september, and would like this to be done before I leave)
Thanks

UK_BR5

Re: HSMP to tier 1 timeframe help please

Post by UK_BR5 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:34 pm

laxani wrote:Hi,
I have the 2 year initial HSMP expiring in December, and would want to extent=d it to tier 1. I have checked that I have 80 points, hence I do qualify.
could you please let me know when can I apply for extension at the earliest? ( I am planning to visit India, my home, during the month of september, and would like this to be done before I leave)
Thanks
as far as i know ,you can apply for extension as early as 28 days before the expiration of your current visa.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:42 pm

You can apply for extension 5 weeks before your leave expire.I would suggest to apply atleast 2 months to avoid taking any risk. God forbid, even if your extension application turned down;you will have visa in hand to take further step. I applied 2 weeks before expiry of my leave and spent my time worrying if it is rejected I will be doomed.

Hope this explains my point.

laxani

Post by laxani » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 am

thanks