ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teachers applying for Tier one??!?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Teachers applying for Tier one??!?

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Any other teachers out there who are/have applied for tier one?

Did you use an umbrella company such as my key?

Where did you study?

Have any problems with you application??

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Teachers applying for Tier one??!?

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:08 pm

1. are you a teacher who want to apply for Tier 1 and want to get a job through Umbrella company? If yes, I am not sure about umbrella company, but you can apply for Tier 1 as long as you qualify for the same and meet all the requirements of it.

OR

2. you want to apply for Tier 1 and study to be a teacher?

lidlekiwi wrote:Any other teachers out there who are/have applied for tier one?

Where did you study?

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:25 pm

chetanojha wrote:1. are you a teacher who want to apply for Tier 1 and want to get a job through Umbrella company? If yes, I am not sure about umbrella company, but you can apply for Tier 1 as long as you qualify for the same and meet all the requirements of it.

OR

Where did you study?

No no, I have applied for tier one. I am a teacher.
I am just hoping they won't have issues with my earns as most of my earns was via an umbrella company, where you don't pay as much tax, off set your expenses against it.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:49 pm

lidlekiwi wrote:
chetanojha wrote:1. are you a teacher who want to apply for Tier 1 and want to get a job through Umbrella company? If yes, I am not sure about umbrella company, but you can apply for Tier 1 as long as you qualify for the same and meet all the requirements of it.

OR

Where did you study?

I am just hoping they won't have issues with my earns as most of my earns was via an umbrella company, where you don't pay as much tax, off set your expenses against it.
Thats all fine as long as it is supported by proper documentation.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:06 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
lidlekiwi wrote:

OR

Where did you study?

I handed in, 12 months of bank statements, 12 months of payslips and a summary of my earns.

Now, I am just worried that they won't accept my bachlor degree.
As my degree is from the Dunedin College of Education which doesn't exist anymore, its now part of the University of Otago..... so I hope that is not a problem!

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Can you find your Degree in PBS calculator? If yes, you should be fine.

If not, I would have applied with NARIC letter of compability as NARIC should have maintained database of old universities(mergers,name change etc).
lidlekiwi wrote: Now, I am just worried that they won't accept my bachlor degree.
As my degree is from the Dunedin College of Education which doesn't exist anymore, its now part of the University of Otago..... so I hope that is not a problem!

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:03 pm

chetanojha wrote:Can you find your Degree in PBS calculator? If yes, you should be fine.

If not, I would have applied with NARIC letter of compability as NARIC should have maintained database of old universities(mergers,name change etc).
lidlekiwi wrote: Now, I am just worried that they won't accept my bachlor degree.
no, they have everything else, otago poly tech, otago uni...but not the college of education, but like I said, its part of the uni now.

I got an accademic transcript from Otago Uni with a note explaining that its now part of the uni... and I wrote it down as well on my application.......
but my degree - the cert says dunedin college of education on it.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:49 pm

I think you should be fine. Even there are universities in India which merged or name of the university changed e.g. Bombay University is renamed as Mumbai University. Home Office recognise degree from both the university.

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:59 pm

chetanojha wrote:I think you should be fine. Even there are universities in India which merged or name of the university changed e.g. Bombay University is renamed as Mumbai University. Home Office recognise degree from both the university.
thanks, I hope you are right.
HO receieved my application on the 19th........... the waiting is nightmareish!!

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Your becholar degree would not be accepted until you have Masters degree (UK standard)
lidlekiwi wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
lidlekiwi wrote:

OR

I handed in, 12 months of bank statements, 12 months of payslips and a summary of my earns.

Thinking low is crime....

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:15 pm

T_mahmood wrote:Your becholar degree would not be accepted until you have Masters degree (UK standard)
lidlekiwi wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
lidlekiwi wrote:

Why do you say that? I applied before 1 april
HO recieved my application on the 19 march

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 pm

lidlekiwi wrote:
T_mahmood wrote:Your becholar degree would not be accepted until you have Masters degree (UK standard)
lidlekiwi wrote:
push_hsmp wrote: Thats all fine as long as it is supported by proper documentation.

Why do you say that? I applied before 1 april
HO recieved my application on the 19 march
It will be fine...

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:15 pm

If the application was before 1st April, then it would be fine.....
Thinking low is crime....