ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for passport after sucessfull Appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Note: "Please People who have sent their passport to HO after successful appeal participate in this thread"

It has been almost one month since I sent my Passport with two photographs to Appeal Unit, but still have not heard anything back yet. My employer is keep on pressing me for visa stamp.

Anyone know how long more we have to go through this

jdawood

Re: Waiting for passport after sucessfull Appeal

Post by jdawood » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:25 pm

rahilnaz wrote:Note: "Please People who have sent their passport to HO after successful appeal participate in this thread"

It has been almost one month since I sent my Passport with two photographs to Appeal Unit, but still have not heard anything back yet. My employer is keep on pressing me for visa stamp.

Hi Mate

Are you a Shift from Std to PSW or on transitional, IGS to PSW, it depends, as i im from IGS to PSW and its been 10 days since i have send my PP and 4 pics to HO, i havnt recieved it yet .

Shafiqueawan

Post by Shafiqueawan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:21 pm

On what grounds your vis was rejected ??????????

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:31 pm

jdawood wrote:
rahilnaz wrote:Note: "Please People who have sent their passport to HO after successful appeal participate in this thread"

Hi Mate

Are you a Shift from Std to PSW or on transitional, IGS to PSW, it depends, as i im from IGS to PSW and its been 10 days since i have send my PP and 4 pics to HO, i havnt recieved it yet .
it was from student to psw

jdawood

Post by jdawood » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:13 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
jdawood wrote:

Hi Mate

it was from student to psw
Any one from IGS to PSW who has send off the PP and is still waitiing for the visa to come, after the appeal, please reply, its urgent .

knee_hit
Newly Registered

Post by knee_hit » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi

Can you please tell me how did you make the appeal? It would be great help; as I plan to do the same in the next 2 days; but without any solicitor.

Cheers.

zarikashif

Post by zarikashif » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:19 pm

hi guys
anone got the passport?

A

sympathy.

Post by A » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Hello rahilnaz,

I am terribly sorry to hear how long you have been waiting, as I have been following your case. As you may remember, I too applied for a PSW Visa and successfully appealed, but I still haven't even received the letter from HO asking me to send in my passport and my AIT hearing was 12th Jan!!!!!!! This greatly disturbs me to hear that even when I do receive the letter, I will most likely have to wait a further lengthy period of time! How ridiculous! I have already been waiting SEVEN MONTHS since I first applied and I'm sure it has been a similar amount of time for you too. It really is just so frustrating, isn't it? I do hope you get your passport back soon and when you do, please do leave a post so we know how long it ended up taking.

All the very best,
A.

rahilnaz

Re: sympathy.

Post by rahilnaz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:16 pm

A wrote:Hello rahilnaz,

I am terribly sorry to hear how long you have been waiting, as I have been following your case. As you may remember, I too applied for a PSW Visa and successfully appealed, but I still haven't even received the letter from HO asking me to send in my passport and my AIT hearing was 12th Jan!!!!!!! This greatly disturbs me to hear that even when I do receive the letter, I will most likely have to wait a further lengthy period of time! How ridiculous! I have already been waiting SEVEN MONTHS since I first applied and I'm sure it has been a similar amount of time for you too. It really is just so frustrating, isn't it? I do hope you get your passport back soon and when you do, please do leave a post so we know how long it ended up taking.

All the very best,
A.
Yeah sure. I would let you guys know.

For ur case, I would advise you to speak to HO. U should have received ur passport by now.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: sympathy.

Post by jack199 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:39 pm

rahilnaz wrote:Hello rahilnaz,

All the very best,
A.
Rahil when did you send your passport?
when did you win the appeal?
when did you received the letter from HO asking for the passport?

Could you please kindly tell me that would be a great help for me as well

Thanks

jdawood

Post by jdawood » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Any one yet recieved the PP back from HO, after call in letter?

A

Post by A » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:58 pm

rahilnaz,

Hi. Well I do have my passport because they haven't sent me the letter asking me to send it in yet! And yes, I have contacted them but to no avail. They have nothing to report to me!

*sigh*
A

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Good News:
I received call from Appeal Unit@Leeds today, they confirmed my address and said I would receive passport in couple of days.
However, I sent them returning envelope with my company address on it which apparently HO lost. wasted another £5

I will update you guys when i receive it.

tc

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 pm

rahilnaz wrote:Good News:
I received call from Appeal Unit@Leeds today, they confirmed my address and said I would receive passport in couple of days.
However, I sent them returning envelope with my company address on it which apparently HO lost. wasted another £5

I will update you guys when i receive it.

tc
That's good news...I think the person who called you really got "some" last night to pick up that phone to call...lol. Anyways I hope a couple of days is what it means. Good Luck Rahilnaz
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

sban

Post by sban » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi

I was refused extension from IGS into PSW on maintenance grounds and appealed against it.

My appeal has just been allowed (got the results last Saturday 4 April). Given the case I doubt HO will appeal against the decision.

I want to know what i should do next. Do I just wait for five working days to see if they appeal against the decision and then wait for a letter from HO asking me to send them my passport? Or do I need to follow it up by calling AIT/HO?

Many thanks.

A

Post by A » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 pm

rahilnaz -Great news for you. Do let us know when you finally receive the damn visa!! :) I am still waiting for the letter asking me to send in my passport - on my way to 3 months since AIT determination! grrr grrr grrr!!!

sban - Once the 5 day period has come and gone, I'd suggest you ring the AIT to make sure the HO hasn't appealed. Then, unfortunately, there's more waiting in store. Apparently what happens is you receive a letter in the mail from the HO asking you to post in your passport to a certain address, then you wait some more, then they eventually post you back your passport with the visa in it. How long that whole process takes I do not know as my hearing was 12th Jan (allowed) and my determination arrived 20th Jan and I still haven't received any letter asking me to send in my passport, however for other people it has been a quicker process.

Good luck,
A.

sban

Post by sban » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:15 pm

A wrote: sban - Once the 5 day period has come and gone, I'd suggest you ring the AIT to make sure the HO hasn't appealed. Then, unfortunately, there's more waiting in store. Apparently what happens is you receive a letter in the mail from the HO asking you to post in your passport to a certain address, then you wait some more, then they eventually post you back your passport with the visa in it. How long that whole process takes I do not know as my hearing was 12th Jan (allowed) and my determination arrived 20th Jan and I still haven't received any letter asking me to send in my passport, however for other people it has been a quicker process.
Good luck,
A.
Thanks for that A.

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:44 pm

I received letter from Appeal Unit last week confirming that visa has been stamped but they require picture ID or photograph attested by professional person. Once they receive it, they will send passport via matter of urgency.
I sent photograph signed by my office manager and hoping to receive passport back in this week. I will let you guys know

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:59 pm

rahilnaz wrote:I received letter from Appeal Unit last week confirming that visa has been stamped but they require picture ID or photograph attested by professional person. Once they receive it, they will send passport via matter of urgency.
I sent photograph signed by my office manager and hoping to receive passport back in this week. I will let you guys know
Congrats, that good news. I guess I will probably be getting that kind of letter as well as I did not have my passport signed.

blade1759
Newly Registered

Post by blade1759 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 pm

rahilnaz wrote:I received letter from Appeal Unit last week confirming that visa has been stamped but they require picture ID or photograph attested by professional person. Once they receive it, they will send passport via matter of urgency.
with regards to attestation, do they require signature and name of the professional at the back of the photograph. i really don't understand. could u enlighten me in details pls

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:29 am

Diokpa wrote: That's good news...I think the person who called you really got "some" last night to pick up that phone to call...lol. Anyways I hope a couple of days is what it means. Good Luck Rahilnaz
Dear All,
I have received my passport today with 2 year leave valid until mar/2011.
HO did not count 5 months which they wasted in appeal process (my student leave expired in October).

Anyway, if someone need help please let me know via thread only.

Take care and wish you best of luck for your future.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:38 am

rahilnaz wrote:
Diokpa wrote: That's good news...I think the person who called you really got "some" last night to pick up that phone to call...lol. Anyways I hope a couple of days is what it means. Good Luck Rahilnaz
Dear All,
HO did not count 5 months which they wasted in appeal process (my student leave expired in October).

Congrats! Glad someone has finally gotten their visa back after such a long ordeal. All the best.

jdawood

Post by jdawood » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
Dear All,

Hello, Congrats, can you tell me since how long did it take to get the PP back from HO, after they asked you to send the PP and Pics, please let me know, how much time did it took them to send you the PP back with the visa stamped, and since when the visa was given till when. please let me know, Urgency !!!!

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:09 pm

I got my visa back today from Appeal Implementation Unit and it's valid for 2 years obviously. Thanks for all the support I got on here and I hope you all get through this stressful process. All the best everyone!

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Diokpa wrote:I got my visa back today from Appeal Implementation Unit and it's valid for 2 years obviously. Thanks for all the support I got on here and I hope you all get through this stressful process. All the best everyone!
Congrat Diokpa