ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of cash payment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Proof of cash payment

Post by Visa_Novice » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am

Hi ,

Our company has paid us £ 3300 at the starting of the project as cash amount which can not be verified in the bank statement.
So I can give letter from employer that this amount has been paid in cash but there is no bank statement to prove that. How shall I present it so that HO accepts this amount as my salary ?

Thanks

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Proof of cash payment

Post by gotcha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:02 am

Visa_Novice wrote:Hi ,

Our company has paid us £ 3300 at the starting of the project as cash amount which can not be verified in the bank statement.
So I can give letter from employer that this amount has been paid in cash but there is no bank statement to prove that. How shall I present it so that HO accepts this amount as my salary ?

Thanks
Was that part of salary ? Means noted on salary slip as well ?

I cannot think anything that can be second evidence from different source.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:08 am

I think, if you do not have corroborated evidence for this cash payment, of course 2 different source, you can not use this payment to claim points.

This happens a lot when people travel to another country and employer give them either case or travellers cheques. I am sure you can find some other thread similar to this in the forum.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:27 am

This amount is not reflected as Net pay in my salary slip rather as Advance pay (and advance is not added in Net pay in my salary slip).
This amount is added in Gross pay instead .

Can this amount be considered for gross pay ?
Do case worker verify gross pay as well ? I think they need proof(Bank statement) for Net pay only ? Correct me if I am wrong ?

Please advice...
Thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:This amount is not reflected as Net pay in my salary slip rather as Advance pay (and advance is not added in Net pay in my salary slip).
This amount is added in Gross pay instead .

Can this amount be considered for gross pay ?
Do case worker verify gross pay as well ? I think they need proof(Bank statement) for Net pay only ? Correct me if I am wrong ?

Please advice...
Thanks
dude employer letter, pay slips and P60 is considered to be the same source. If u cant send the second source then its difficult for claiming the points which is bank statement. As cash u received is pure cash with no tax deduction. And ur in UK u know the rules.

Case worker use statements to check net pay and use pay slips to check gross pay but donno whether they consider advance payment or not.. because there are ppl who got house allowance reflected in their payslips but no tax on that amount and HO do not consider that thing...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:35 pm

I think, you can use:

1.Employer letter: stating your net and gross each month for the claim period. You can mention that advance payment in the letter which was given cash instead of bank deposit.
[This advance would be supported by the payslip.]

2.Bank statement: corroborating remaining months salary deposit.

This,HOPEFULLY, should work.

I would advice to skip that month and consider another month for salary calculation.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:11 pm

As cash u received is pure cash with no tax deduction. And ur in UK u know the rules.
The amount received by me as cash is considered in gross salary so it has been considered for tax calculation.
What say ?

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:14 pm

I would advice to skip that month and consider another month for salary calculation.
I have submitted my application on 26 march and I have not reflected my March salary in the calculation of earnings. I have submitted all proofs till 28 Feb (I have shown 11 months earnings and not 12 months .)
Can I send my March payslip along with March bank statement and request them to consider this earning also in the calculation of earnings ?
If they consider my march salary as well then it will be total 12 months earning and I will qualify even if they do not consider my £3300 of cash payment.
Shall I do that ?

Gracegul
Newly Registered

Post by Gracegul » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:05 pm

I have a query a bit similar to above ..... Some cash payments were made to me by my customers (I run my own biz) but I didn't ve any bank account then. How can I proof that amount to be my income? It may be worth mentioning that I perform services for other people/businesses and also, am sole proprieter of my business.

Replies and guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:10 am

Visa_Novice wrote:
I have submitted my application on 26 march and I have not reflected my March salary in the calculation of earnings. I have submitted all proofs till 28 Feb (I have shown 11 months earnings and not 12 months .)
Can I send my March payslip along with March bank statement and request them to consider this earning also in the calculation of earnings ?
If they consider my march salary as well then it will be total 12 months earning and I will qualify even if they do not consider my £3300 of cash payment.
Shall I do that ?
if u r qualifying without those 3300 months then dont need to complicate your case.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:11 am

I havent seen anyone who got visa by showing cash payments...????

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:26 am

I am not qualifying without those £3300 payment but I am qualifying if I submit my March month payslip. Let me know shall I do that ?

Thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I am not qualifying without those £3300 payment but I am qualifying if I submit my March month payslip. Let me know shall I do that ?

Thanks
u said u have already submitted your application.... its quite late now...

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:57 pm

I have already submitted my application but I can still send additional documents untill my application gets considered...right ?
My application might be picked up from next week .

Thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I have already submitted my application but I can still send additional documents untill my application gets considered...right ?
My application might be picked up from next week .

Thanks
try your luck and send it now. but im not really sure whether they gonna consider it or not. but do it and dont waste time.

Something is better than nothing...

hope this helps

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Could any body tell me when I send this additional document then what shall I write in the letter I send along with this additional document (March Payslip and Bank Statement(Both-maintenance funds, earnings) )

Please Advice....
Thanks

Gracegul
Newly Registered

Post by Gracegul » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Gracegul wrote:I have a query a bit similar to above ..... Some cash payments were made to me by my customers (I run my own biz) but I didn't ve any bank account then. How can I proof that amount to be my income? It may be worth mentioning that I perform services for other people/businesses and also, am sole proprieter of my business.

Replies and guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers
Hi mates

Can you plz have a look at my case and let me have your comments on this, plz?
thnx

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:
Shall I do that ?
Its been a month since you sent your application and I guess it would already be at the decision stage. But if you send the latest salary slip it wont hurt.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:16 am

Its been a month since you sent your application and I guess it would already be at the decision stage. But if you send the latest salary slip it wont hurt.
My application has not been picked up yet as HO is considering applications received till 24 March in this week. My application was received by HO on 27 March.
Now when I send this additional document what shall I write in the letter that I send along with this salary slip so that it become convincing for them to consider my March salary slip (Though it depends more on case worker but still I can take a chance).
Please advice me on this new cover letter...any format plz...
Thanks

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 am

Visa_Novice wrote:
My application has not been picked up yet as HO is considering applications received till 24 March in this week. My application was received by HO on 27 March.
Now when I send this additional document what shall I write in the letter that I send along with this salary slip so that it become convincing for them to consider my March salary slip (Though it depends more on case worker but still I can take a chance).
Please advice me on this new cover letter...any format plz...
Thanks
What you are going to do about earning period you need to mention in application form ? You must already have mentioned earning period there.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:23 am

So you mean to say that I can not modify my earnings period now ?

Thanks

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:31 am

Visa_Novice wrote:So you mean to say that I can not modify my earnings period now ?

Thanks
I think you can try using this http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... umstances/

And do it fast, before your application is decided.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:So you mean to say that I can not modify my earnings period now ?

Thanks
what u waiting for mate... they consider some case before the time...