ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BlacknWhite
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa Application

Post by BlacknWhite » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:12 am

Hi all,

I am on a student visa. My fiance has just been granted a visa via Tier 1(General) of the point based system. We hope to get married as soon as She enters the UK by the end of the month.

My question- can I then switch/apply for a dependant visa once we are married here in the UK?

Please your comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

amit0277

Re: Dependant Visa Application

Post by amit0277 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:28 am

BlacknWhite wrote:Hi all,

I am on a student visa. My fiance has just been granted a visa via Tier 1(General) of the point based system. We hope to get married as soon as She enters the UK by the end of the month.

My question- can I then switch/apply for a dependant visa once we are married here in the UK?

Please your comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I believe you can. Please go through Tier 1 Dependent visa guidance. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:35 pm

YES - you can surely do that. But at the same time, you may have some serious issues of showing maintanance funds. You may prefer to start saving some if possible :D

BlacknWhite
Newly Registered

Post by BlacknWhite » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks Raxs1983 and Amito277 for your response. I have gone through the guidance but its not very clear on this issue or maybe I didn't understand exactly what the section says well.

Please am still not clear if this is okay.

girish

Post by girish » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi

I am under HSMP visa working in UK and my visa is getting expired in january2010.

i would like to apply for extension and the procedure for the same.

Can any one of you please let me know if the new rules of having a master's degree is applicable for extension? Do i need to fill the Tier1 (general) or Tier1(exntensiion) application form?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards
Girish

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:42 pm

BlacknWhite: You can very well transfer yourself to dependent of HSMP/Tier 1 holder. But since you are changing category of your visa i.e. from student visa to dependent, you may need to re-enter the country.

Girish: The master degree rule will not affect you. Also in future, can you create your own new thread instead of hijacking someone else'. This will help people in forum to help you in much better way. It is also considered "bad manners" in the forums.

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi All,
I am currently working and living in UK and holoding Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa.Wanted to apply for dependent visa for my newly wedded wife.

I came to vfs office in Bangalore to apply dependent visa for my wife assuming that I need to pay only 18k but they told me fee is 50k at vfs. but I am unsure of the fee that I need to pay or no proper clarification at vfs. We got married recently on 12th of April.

My initial HSMP approval was made on 12th September 2006 and entry clearence on 11/2006 with visa validity till 11/2008.Then I extended my visa on Tier 1 (General) which is valid till 11/2011.

Can you please confirm me which application I need to use VAF 2 or VAF 10. Since I fall under old rules do I need to show maintenance of funds? Can you please confirm me the fee I need to pay?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:16 pm

sreblog wrote:Hi All,
I am currently working and living in UK and holoding Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa.Wanted to apply for dependent visa for my newly wedded wife.

I came to vfs office in Bangalore to apply dependent visa for my wife assuming that I need to pay only 18k but they told me fee is 50k at vfs. but I am unsure of the fee that I need to pay or no proper clarification at vfs. We got married recently on 12th of April.

My initial HSMP approval was made on 12th September 2006 and entry clearence on 11/2006 with visa validity till 11/2008.Then I extended my visa on Tier 1 (General) which is valid till 11/2011.

Can you please confirm me which application I need to use VAF 2 or VAF 10. Since I fall under old rules do I need to show maintenance of funds? Can you please confirm me the fee I need to pay?
dude maintenance of funds is the essential thing. maximum no of ppl got rejected because of this.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 pm

BlacknWhite wrote:Thanks Raxs1983 and Amito277 for your response. I have gone through the guidance but its not very clear on this issue or maybe I didn't understand exactly what the section says well.

Please am still not clear if this is okay.
If u r planning to marry in UK then u got to apply for COA first which is certificate of approval then u can marry then apply for visa it might take couple of months...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:20 pm

girish wrote:Hi

I am under HSMP visa working in UK and my visa is getting expired in january2010.

i would like to apply for extension and the procedure for the same.

Can any one of you please let me know if the new rules of having a master's degree is applicable for extension? Do i need to fill the Tier1 (general) or Tier1(exntensiion) application form?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards
Girish
dude refer to guidelines properly. do your paper work properly. it is a very easy process provided u read all the guidelines properly with maintenance funds...