ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds extension application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Backlava
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds extension application

Post by Backlava » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi,

The maintenance funds requirement caught me by surprise while I was preparing my application for extension under Tier 1 a week ago. There was no such rule 2 years back when I applied for initial HSMP application. I can not remember now what were the guidelines then for getting the extension after being 2 years on HSMP. Can I get hold of that guidelines document from somewhere or does anyone know about what the guidelines said?

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance funds extension application

Post by push » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 pm

Backlava wrote:Hi,

The maintenance funds requirement caught me by surprise while I was preparing my application for extension under Tier 1 a week ago. There was no such rule 2 years back when I applied for initial HSMP application. I can not remember now what were the guidelines then for getting the extension after being 2 years on HSMP. Can I get hold of that guidelines document from somewhere or does anyone know about what the guidelines said?

Thanks
What do you need those guidelines for?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Backlava
Newly Registered

Post by Backlava » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:23 pm

I would like to know, on what terms and conditions (in December 2006 guidelines when I applied for initial HSMP) the extension was promised. Has Home office broken those terms by forcing new rule of maintenance funds retrospectively to those already on HSMP and now need extension.

Thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 am

Backlava wrote:I would like to know, on what terms and conditions (in December 2006 guidelines when I applied for initial HSMP) the extension was promised. Has Home office broken those terms by forcing new rule of maintenance funds retrospectively to those already on HSMP and now need extension.

Thanks
dude dont waste time looking for old guidelines. try and sort out the maintenance cuz thats the biggest reason of refusal. Still they are not asking for masters degree from OLD hsmpians otherwise it would have been a huge hue N cry.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Maintenance funds extension application

Post by maheshnair » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:09 am

Backlava wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Home office never learn from old mistakes . actually speaking the new maintainence funds should be for new tier1 guys and not HSMP guys extension .....

If we give a case like the hsmp forum did ..we will definitely win ..

we need to give a case ,else tommorow all of suden they will say ..ILR for those who hold PHD ...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Maintenance is for everyone now... anyone applying in PBS have to full fill the maintenance....

Backlava
Newly Registered

Post by Backlava » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 pm

I sent Home Office the print out of my online bank statement and informed them through a covering letter that the original would be on its way in a few days after I have received it from the Bank. Does anyone think that this (sending the original after the application has been submitted) could cause refusal?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Backlava wrote:I sent Home Office the print out of my online bank statement and informed them through a covering letter that the original would be on its way in a few days after I have received it from the Bank. Does anyone think that this (sending the original after the application has been submitted) could cause refusal?
It totally depends upon the case worker whether he gonna it or not.. But fingers cross as long as u mentioned in your letter i hope it wont create any problem.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:51 am

I have the docs from back in 2007 when I first applied for HSMP. No such thing about maintenance, but question is why do you care?

It is there now and that what really matters.

If you're wondering how come they do this, on Paragraph 88 the guideline says:

"From 08 November 2006, all applications for
HSMP extensions will be subject to the new points
scoring requirements detailed at Annex B,
regardless of the Rules that were in place at the
time of the applicant’s previous grant of leave
under HSMP."

What that means is that for extension you need to re-qualify under the existing rule, just because you qualify before it doesn't mean you qualify now.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:02 am

xpscapable wrote:I have the docs from back in 2007 when I first applied for HSMP. No such thing about maintenance, but question is why do you care?

It is there now and that what really matters.

If you're wondering how come they do this, on Paragraph 88 the guideline says:

"From 08 November 2006, all applications for
HSMP extensions will be subject to the new points
scoring requirements detailed at Annex B,
regardless of the Rules that were in place at the
time of the applicant’s previous grant of leave
under HSMP."

What that means is that for extension you need to re-qualify under the existing rule, just because you qualify before it doesn't mean you qualify now.

Just imagine if the latest rules (Masters) would have been applied to extension application .They could have done that ..

They did not do that because , a group of people
fought the case and won for making changes all of sudden .So HO learnt a lesson.

So if we dont care , then Ho will make a puppet out of you .

so a person who came in as HSMP....should have the same set of rules when he extends ..........else we can goto court ...