ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice for FLR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nucleus888
Newly Registered

Need advice for FLR

Post by nucleus888 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 am

Hi everyone,

I need some advice ... my wife's spouse visa is about to expire in July 2009. We've been living together for 2 years and have all the necessary documents. However, she wants to return to China in June to visit her family, and may stay in China for 3 months or so.

Her knowlege of UK life and language is not so good ... and will not qualify for ILR.

My question is will she be able to apply for FLR in China? OR will we have to apply for another spouse visa again?

OR would it better to apply for FLR now?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nucleus888
Newly Registered

Post by nucleus888 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:34 pm

Can anyone help?

Any advice?

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Further Leave to Remain (FLR) is normally granted within country, in my experience you will not get FLR from china.

Best thing i can suggest is to apply for FLR in June (you can apply 28 days in advance) use the same day service (at one of the PEO) and go to China.
Magsi

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:20 pm

If your wife is unable to pass the Life in the UK test she can apply for FLR(M) to give her a further 2 year extension. Has she considered studying on an ESOL with Citizens course? She will have to show at least some
intention to meet the Knowledge of Life in the UK requirement.
She can only apply for FLR from within the UK. As has already been advised, apply in June in person.

nucleus888
Newly Registered

Post by nucleus888 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Sorry to pick your brains ...

What happens if she doesn't apply for FLR ... and goes back to China.
Will she be able to come back to the UK again? In otherwords ... will she be able to apply for another spouse visa for a second time?

Reason: I may want to work and live abroad (with my wife) in China for a few years before returning to the UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:22 am

Yes, she would be able to apply for a 2nd spouse visa from China.