ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluewing
Newly Registered

Post by bluewing » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:26 pm

dubliner wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering any one know how long that take to recieve naturalisation certificate after taking the oath.

Dubliner

March'06 - Applied for Naturalisation based on 5 years residence.
April'06 - Recieved confirmation.
October'08 - Requested for additional docuementation.
1st Week April'09 - Recieved confirmation letter.
20th April'09 - Took the oath
??? - Received naturalisation certificate.
??? - Received passport :-)
I am in the exact same boat as the above person:

April'06 - Received confirmation.
October'08 - Requested for additional documentation.

Heard nothing since, I really don't understand how they can justify processing some applicants, and not others.

anothernews
Newly Registered

got approval

Post by anothernews » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:11 am

hi All

I got my approval. Here are my time line. I am working on the basis of work permit for last many years.
Original country Indonesia
Applied Dec 2005
additional document Oct 2008
Approval March 2009

dubliner
Newly Registered

Re: got approval

Post by dubliner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:38 am

anothernews wrote:hi All

I got my approval. Here are my time line. I am working on the basis of work permit for last many years.
Original country Indonesia
Applied Dec 2005
additional document Oct 2008
Approval March 2009

anothernews,
Did you took your oath yet and did you recieved your naturalisation certificate. Appreciate if you could confirm the dates for after recieving approval letter.

Thanks,
dubliner

pahadia
Ireland

Re: without condition as to time

Post by pahadia » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Hi Folks,

Has anybody applied for without condition as to time?

How long does it take to process and what are the benefits pls?

Thanks
I did apply in the beginning of this month and received my passport back within 2 weeks (2-3 days turnaround time as suggested previously is history now :)

However I have a question. Do I need to go to GNIB office and then get Visa sticker on my passport (as I am doing for last 8 years ï

LuasPassenger

Re: without condition as to time

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:19 pm

pahadia wrote:
NearlyIrish wrote:Hi Folks,

Has anybody applied for without condition as to time?

How long does it take to process and what are the benefits pls?

Thanks
I did apply in the beginning of this month and received my passport back within 2 weeks (2-3 days turnaround time as suggested previously is history now :)

However I have a question. Do I need to go to GNIB office and then get Visa sticker on my passport (as I am doing for last 8 years ï

another_immigrant

how long for minister approval ?

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Just wondering any one know how long that take to recieve naturalisation certificate after taking the oath.

Dubliner

1st Week April'09 - Recieved approval letter.

Hi folks,

How long does it take to receive the minister's decision since the day your documents are posted to the minister's office?

In other words, what's the time frame for decision ? what's the average time? 4 / 6 weeks ?

regards, A_I

anothernews
Newly Registered

Post by anothernews » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:39 pm

I am not from Dublin so I took oath in March and I have not got certificate of naturalisation yet. As far as I know it takes 6-8 weeks to get certificate of naturalisation.

If anybody has got certificate of naturalisation recently please update this thread so we can have updated information.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:51 pm

anothernews wrote:I am not from Dublin so I took oath in March and I have not got certificate of naturalisation yet. As far as I know it takes 6-8 weeks to get certificate of naturalisation.

If anybody has got certificate of naturalisation recently please update this thread so we can have updated information.
Hi anothernews, do you know how long it took to get the approval from the minister ? I mean between your file was sent to the minister and you got the approval letter ? ( not the certificate - it's another story unfortunately it takes 3/6 weeks again )
regards,
A_I

cnu

Post by cnu » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:09 pm

A_I,

Sorry I'm not going to be too much of use, can I take that you mite have called justice.ie yesterday and you've been informed that it's gone for approval?

I'm still waiting, I applied in Dec 2005, they told that my father's dob did not match with the one in the affidavit, had to resend everything. If this happened to anyone, can u tell me what r the chances of getting citizenship?

Thanks,

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:34 pm

cnu wrote:A_I,

Sorry I'm not going to be too much of use, can I take that you mite have called justice.ie yesterday and you've been informed that it's gone for approval?

I'm still waiting, I applied in Dec 2005, they told that my father's dob did not match with the one in the affidavit, had to resend everything. If this happened to anyone, can u tell me what r the chances of getting citizenship?

Thanks,
Interesting enough I had the same from the recently (requiest to clarify disscrepency in my Mothers date of birth) and sent them a written clarification, the lady on helpline said it should suffice but I sent them a copy of my mothers passport as well. I don't have a copy of my original application form from 3 years ago so I don't even know if it is really different, I can't imagine how I could've made a mistake like that. As a matter of interest, did you check yours and is it definitely different?

And what do you mean by "had to resend EVERYTHING"? Everything being...?

cnu

Post by cnu » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Sorry for the confusion Ashimashi, by everything I mean they asked me to send: (1) Birth affidavit, (2) reason for discrepancy (3) the part of the my application where it was different from my affidavit (4) my marriage affidavit

Ya mine is different, they sent me the foto-copy of the original app where I made the blunder.

Ashimashi,

may I also ask if you had any communication after this? I had absolutely NOTHING!

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:36 pm

cnu wrote:Sorry for the confusion Ashimashi, by everything I mean they asked me to send: (1) Birth affidavit, (2) reason for discrepancy (3) the part of the my application where it was different from my affidavit (4) my marriage affidavit

Ya mine is different, they sent me the foto-copy of the original app where I made the blunder.

Ashimashi,

may I also ask if you had any communication after this? I had absolutely NOTHING!
Only acknowledgment of the receipt of the docs.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:27 am

Called INIS, still waiting for Social Welfare report. :roll:

Nehro
Ireland

Re: how long for minister approval ?

Post by Nehro » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:05 pm

another_immigrant wrote:

Dubliner

My application was submitted to the minister in early March and received approval in early April, so it has taken 4 weeks for the minister approval.

Hi folks,

How long does it take to receive the minister's decision since the day your documents are posted to the minister's office?

In other words, what's the time frame for decision ? what's the average time? 4 / 6 weeks ?

regards, A_I
My application was submitted to the minister in early March and approved in early April, so it takes roughly 4 weeks for minister's approval

another_immigrant

Re: how long for minister approval ?

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Nehro wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:

Dubliner

My application was submitted to the minister in early March and received approval in early April, so it has taken 4 weeks for the minister approval.

Hi folks,

regards, A_I
My application was submitted to the minister in early March and approved in early April, so it takes roughly 4 weeks for minister's approval
Thanks Nehro.
regards, A_I.

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 pm

[quote="tom4"]Called INIS, still waiting for Social Welfare report. :roll:[/quote]

Called last week, they are still waiting for Garda clearance, it's been stuck there for more than 7 months now with no progress! Bummer.. And your man said they are waiting for Social Welfare too, they never mentioned this before, wouldn't tell when it was requested. And from next month I have to pay 50%+ tax for this! Unbelievable! This is what our Minister calls a "privilege".. Crap... Applied in March 2006.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:52 am

A PQ from the other day:
The minister wrote: 399. Deputy Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on introducing a system whereby citizenship applicants can check the status of their applications on-line in view of the fact that the telephone information line is open only for a few hours each week and that callers are often unable to get through or are kept waiting on hold. [15353/09]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): The granting of Irish Citizenship through Naturalisation is a privilege and an honour and not an entitlement.

Processing of applications for a certificate of naturalisation is a two stage process: 1) initial processing and 2) further processing. All applications that pass initial processing commence further processing in strict chronological order. Therefore the only status of relevance to an applicant is whether they have passed initial processing and whether they have commenced further processing. This information is already provided to the applicants by letter and on-line.

Applicants are informed by letter, within a week at present, whether their application has passed the initial processing stage. In the same letter, they are informed of the average timeframe from application to decision. Information on the average time from application to decision and what applications have commenced further processing is provided on the Irish Nationality and Immigration Services website and is also automatically provided on the telephone helpline introductory script to enable callers seeking this information to receive it without having to wait for an operator.

If there are any problems with an application that require the input of the applicant, the Citizenship Division contacts the applicant directly. The vast majority of queries to the Citizenship helpline relate to information, largely similar to that mentioned above, which has already been provided to each applicant by letter, on-line or on the helpline introduction.

I am sure the Deputy will be aware that, in an effort to improve its service to Oireachtas Members, the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service has established a service to provide information/answers to queries in relation to individual immigration and citizenship cases by way of an e-mail address (INISOireachtasMail@justice.ie) which is exclusively for Oireachtas Members (and their authorised staff). A commitment was given that the majority of e-mails received would be responded to within 10 working days and I am informed that this commitment is being adhered to and, indeed, improved upon. In its first year of operation more than 4,000 enquiries were responded to within the timeframe. I would encourage TD’s and Senators to make use of the service as it provides information for Oireachtas members in a timely and less costly way.

dublin
Newly Registered

hi

Post by dublin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:30 am

Hi All

I would like to update this thread with my timeline.

Working as work visa holder for last 8-9 years.

Origin - Asian country.
Applied April 2006
Extra document Sept 2008
Approal letter 1st week of March 2009 ( Not registered post)
Certificate of naturalisation April 2009 ( registered post)

Hope this helps. I wish you all a very best of Luck and what I can see that everybody around me is getting approval as well. So I assume people who applied in first half of 2006 will get their approval soon.

Take care

another_immigrant

Re: hi

Post by another_immigrant » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:42 am

dublin wrote:Hi All

Origin - Asian country.
Applied April 2006
Extra document Sept 2008

Hope this helps. I wish you all a very best of Luck and what I can see that everybody around me is getting approval as well. So I assume people who applied in first half of 2006 will get their approval soon.

Take care
Hi Dublin,
Do you remember by any chance when was your application submitted to the minister for approval ? I'm just trying to find out how long it takes to get the decision from minister after the documents were posted to him. Is it 4 / 6 weeks or longer?

Regards,
A_I

dublin
Newly Registered

Post by dublin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:06 pm

I don't know A_I. I rang them only once and they said at that time that your application is still in process.

So i am not sure how long does it takes when it goes to minister.

dubliner
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by dubliner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:41 pm

dublin wrote:Hi All

Origin - Asian country.
Applied April 2006
Extra document Sept 2008

Take care
When did you took your oath and posted back Form-7 (Yellow color sheet) with fee?

Thanks,

Dubliner

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:17 pm

How can the minister say this: "All applications that pass initial processing commence further processing in strict chronological order" when we all know that this is rubbish.

I need to contact the senator wo raised this question and give him the facts.

NI

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:49 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:I need to contact the senator wo raised this question and give him the facts.
If you do, you might refer him to this thread and the spreadsheet, they show the true situation.

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi,

Rang Inis they said app passed Garda check but is waiting for welfare, the lady said that this specific welfare check can take up to 6 months worst scenario is this true? up to 6 months garda + up to 6 months welfare???, i rang 2 months ago and they told me that garda & welfare can take up to 6 months in total is this accurate? how long does it take specifically welfare check?

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:49 am

I have a feeling that because of what is currently going on with the jobs market, they have decided to run ANOTHER FINAL Social Welfare check just in case if the applicant is no longer employed and is claiming social welfare.

Sounds like a recent change, because going back into this thread it used to be Garda check -> Minister's decision..etc...etc...