ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 5 - LTR Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:45 pm

I believe the gaps in your permission are not counted for LTR and WCATT. So make sure that you are really only short 3 months and not more.
From the looks of it, your naturalisation application can take a while. It will still have to go for decision to the minister and then the oath and actual cert. All that can take ages.
If you took LTR now you would be sorted for 5 years. No need to worry, no more work permits, etc. And you dont need to think about WCATT. They are basically the same. In both cases to get your GNIB card you will have to pay 150e. for WCATT your application will still have to be considered, that's extra work for you and DOJ, and you would take a place in queue for somebody who actually needs WCATT stamp. your 5 year LTR stamp can be renewed at the end of term anyway.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:36 pm

I dont have LTR but do have WCATT endorsement. I think (not sure) LTR doesnt allow you to change profession or open business or be a partner in business (if you are currently on work permit or work visa or work authrozation). I might be wrong.

But with WCATT , there are no conditions i.e. You are entitled to work or engage in a business or profession while in Ireland.

So If u have LTR and looking for flexibility than go for WCATT. But again if u not changing profession or wana start up business than wait.
You are about to be naturalised and you have enough years left on LTR than wait.

Regards
Tiggs

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:36 pm

I dont have LTR but do have WCATT endorsement. I think (not sure) LTR doesnt allow you to change profession or open business or be a partner in business (if you are currently on work permit or work visa or work authrozation). I might be wrong.

But with WCATT , there are no conditions i.e. You are entitled to work or engage in a business or profession while in Ireland.

So If u have LTR and looking for flexibility than go for WCATT. But again if u not changing profession or wana start up business than wait.
You are about to be naturalised and you have enough years left on LTR than wait.

Regards
Tiggs

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:53 pm

tiggs wrote:I dont have LTR but do have WCATT endorsement. I think (not sure) LTR doesnt allow you to change profession or open business or be a partner in business (if you are currently on work permit or work visa or work authrozation). I might be wrong.

Regards
Tiggs
This is incorrect. LTR (Stamp 4) allows to work without Work Permit required and to engage in any business in the country. The only difference is that LTR is given for 5 years and the the "Without Condition As to Time" permission with indefinite.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:58 am

Hi SashaSolar,
Thats why i said, i might be wrong. Couldn't dig much about LTR online. Either ways as you mentioned, main diff is duration(LTR 5 yrs takes few months to get processed where as WCATT till expiry of passport and processing times are less than week/couple days max) and stamp 5 for WCATT as compared to Stamp 4. Rest i believe are same both for WCATT and LTR.
Regards
Tiggs

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:59 am

*removed* dont know why it posted few times.. :oops:
Last edited by tiggs on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:00 am

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 am

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 am

*removed* dont know why it posted few times.. :oops: There were timeout errors, i resubmitted the message few times and it was posting even though on my side i was getting an error message.
Apologies for spam
Regards
tiggs :oops: :oops: :oops:

whilewaiting
Newly Registered

LTR or "Without Condition As To Time" Endorsements

Post by whilewaiting » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks for the wealth of information and support you gave me .
I forgot to make the picture more clear and to tell you that my current residency will expire in 4 months , so I will need to renew my GNIB any way i.e pay 150E in all cases , well , unless I get the Irish passport before 4 months , which it is not doable .
Anyway , unless there is a difference between stamp 4 and 5/6 (is there any?), as far as I can see , the only difference between LTR & WCATR is down to the renewal time i.e after 5 years . Provide I have passport valid for 5 more years and GOD forbid I didn't get my naturalisation approved , the renewal of LTR might be different that WCATR - PLease correct if I am wrong . The question is :
what INIS ask for to renew LTR and WCATR ? My undrestanding that WCATR is automatically renewed as it is permision to remain indefinitely but how about LTR ? what requirement needed for renewal ?

Another one please , From your experience , How long can I wait before INIS's letter of LTR approval I just received expires , my undrestanding there is a black out period within summer holidays where courts are off , so I can take it as a sign , if I don't receive naturalisatin letter before June/July then I should go ahead and get 5 years stamped either with LTR or wait for 3 more month and apply for WCATR .

Thanks in advance for your comments/advice/replies

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:31 am

Hi While Waiting,
I have no experience of LTR myself. But if you are here for more than 8 yrs go for WCATT for reasons like :
- Minimum documentation required ( i.e. just ur current and old expired passports)
- Duration is kind off indefinite (till expiry of your passport)
- Processing time is short(amazingly couple of days)

All i have heard of LTR is a queue and i dont know how LTR renewals work.

Regards
Tiggs

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:21 am

In theory the renewal of LTR would be just going to your local immigration officer after 5 years and getting another 5 years. similar to old IBC. no questions asked.
By the way, your LTR gives you 5 years from the date of the letter. so lets say if you wait 1 year and only then go to get stamped up, you would get 4 remaining years left only. say your letter was issued 1st march 2009, and would give you permission till 1st march 2014, no matter when you go to use it, you won't get it longer than that date, 01/03/2014.
as well, the new immigration bill is due some time this year. nobody knows what changes will be introduced there in relation to WCATT.

whilewaiting
Newly Registered

Post by whilewaiting » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:25 pm

agniukas wrote:In theory the renewal of LTR would be just going to your local immigration officer after 5 years and getting another 5 years. similar to old IBC. no questions asked.
You aware of anyone renewed his LTR ? was it that easy as you explained ? If that's the case agniukas so I better do it now .

"tiggs" I already got the approval letter so waiting period for LTR is over for me now .

Thanks guys

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Hello,

As most of you already know, I applied for a WCT (Without Condition as to Time) endorsement / Stamp 6 in February.

Well, I just wanted to tell you that I just travelled for the first time with this endorsement. Yesterday I passed through Immigration in Dublin airport and the Immigration Officer didn't know what Stamp 6 was. :) Anyway, after she saw the stamp in the passport explaining that I had leave to "reside in Ireland without condition as to time" it was clear to her what Stamp 6 was.

So, I just wanted to let you know that you might need to do some "education" at the airport as it looks like not all Immigration Officers know about WCT/Stamp 6 yet. Also, I assume there aren't many people with WCT / Stamp 6 in their passports yet.

Thanks,
LP

el_nino
Newly Registered

Post by el_nino » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi guys, I have just applied for the WCAT stamp on Monday, I am not really sure if I am entitled to it or not but I applied anyway.

Anyhow, my question is if I do get granted the Stamp 6 on my passport, will I be able to leave Ireland for a long period of time ( studying in another country for 2 years) and still be able to return?

Thanks for all your help

:)

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 pm

el_nino wrote:Hi guys, I have just applied for the WCAT stamp on Monday, I am not really sure if I am entitled to it or not but I applied anyway.

Anyhow, my question is if I do get granted the Stamp 6 on my passport, will I be able to leave Ireland for a long period of time ( studying in another country for 2 years) and still be able to return?

Thanks for all your help

:)
Hi El Niño:

I don't see why not. Nothing indicates otherwise in the INIS website. Just to be sure, I'd give them a call just in case. (01) 6167700. Choose option 3 and then option 5 (if they haven't changed the menus---anyway it should be general immigration and they only attend the phone on Tuesdays and Thursdays).
Here's info on whether you qualify or not: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

Thanks,
LP

el_nino
Newly Registered

Post by el_nino » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 am

LuasPassenger wrote:
Hi El Niño:

I don't see why not. Nothing indicates otherwise in the INIS website. Just to be sure, I'd give them a call just in case. (01) 6167700. Choose option 3 and then option 5 (if they haven't changed the menus---anyway it should be general immigration and they only attend the phone on Tuesdays and Thursdays).
Here's info on whether you qualify or not: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

Thanks,
LP
Thanks LP, Ya the thing is I was on Student stamp 2 from 1998 untill 2007. then changed to stamp 4 from 2007 until now. My argument is that I came to Ireland to be reunited with my mom back in 1998, so I should be on stamp 4 back then not stamp 2, but they told us back then that they can not issue stamp 4 for the U-18s, and that Stamp 2 is the only way for me to get into the country that time....

So here I am, spent the last 11 years in Ireland, but might still not be qualified to apply for any form of long term residency nor the Naturalization process, pure frustration that is....but I applied for both anyway, and see what they will come back to me with.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 am

el_nino wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:
Hi El Niño:

Thanks,
LP
Thanks LP, Ya the thing is I was on Student stamp 2 from 1998 untill 2007. then changed to stamp 4 from 2007 until now. My argument is that I came to Ireland to be reunited with my mom back in 1998, so I should be on stamp 4 back then not stamp 2, but they told us back then that they can not issue stamp 4 for the U-18s, and that Stamp 2 is the only way for me to get into the country that time....

So here I am, spent the last 11 years in Ireland, but might still not be qualified to apply for any form of long term residency nor the Naturalization process, pure frustration that is....but I applied for both anyway, and see what they will come back to me with.
Yes, unfortunately time spent as a Student is not counted for WCT purposes. :(

However, given the circumstances, I would still write to them and explain the situation. They might still help you.

Good luck!

LP

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi LuasPassenger,
Question for ya. I got WCT (Without Condition as to Time) endorsement last week on my passport. There is no mentioning of stamp 5 or 6. I guess I'll get it when I go to for GNIB card ? Am I right ? Also after that do I need to go to Visa section to get some sort of WCT sticker on my passport ?
The thing is I am waiting for my naturalization cert and would not want to waist €150 for for a card which may not be useful in 1 month time. But at the same time like to have all formality done on my existing passport so that I can enter into or come out from my birth country legaly.

Cheers
Pahadia

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 am

Hi Pahadia,
If your GNIB/Visa is gona expire in Month's time, you can wait for it BUT get both of them done(if you want to travel) even though you have received WCT.
Coz one of the condition for naturalization application to be approved is uptodate GNIB information. And getting GNIB card is the only way. If you are Visa required national than you will need visa also.

I know we all are waiting for naturalization, when its gona come we dont know its a lotto...
I hope me input helps. Rest lets see what LP says.
Kind Regards
Tiggs

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Does anyone in here has a template that can be used to apply for the WTAC pls?

Thanks,

NI

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 pm

pahadia wrote:Hi LuasPassenger,
Question for ya. I got WCT (Without Condition as to Time) endorsement last week on my passport. There is no mentioning of stamp 5 or 6. I guess I'll get it when I go to for GNIB card ? Am I right ? Also after that do I need to go to Visa section to get some sort of WCT sticker on my passport ?
The thing is I am waiting for my naturalization cert and would not want to waist €150 for for a card which may not be useful in 1 month time. But at the same time like to have all formality done on my existing passport so that I can enter into or come out from my birth country legaly.

Cheers
Pahadia
Hi Pahadia,

Sorry for my late reply. I only saw your post today and tiggs' answer.

Yes, you'll get Stamp 6 when you go to the GNIB to get a new card.

I am not sure what the story is with the visa as I'm not a visa-required national. You should ring INIS to clarify whether you'll require a new visa or not.

I second tiggs in recommending to have your GNIB updated. I'm also waiting for naturalisation, but as you know the time it will take is quite random... So it's better to keep your GNIB permit up to date. I know, it's kind of a bummer to pay the 150 eur just for that. But it's better to have it done... Who knows... you might be required to do some emergency travelling before your naturalisation is finalised.

LP

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:04 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Does anyone in here has a template that can be used to apply for the WTAC pls?

Thanks,

NI
You don't need a template or a form for this. You just need to write a cover letter requesting to get the WTAC endorsement.

LP

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi tiggs & LuasPassenger,
Thanks for your reply. I'll take my chances not to get GNIB card becase 1) I have no immidiate plan to travel 2) My old visa expire in June 3) I have taken oath already and only waiting for naturalization cert. Which should be in within 2-3 weeks(thats purly my guess)

However my query still stand. Do we get any Visa sticker in passport for WCT like I got previously for Work Visa & LTR ?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:04 pm

if you are a visa required national you will need a re-entry visa, which is in a sticker form. You would get it following your WCATT stamp in your passport, but i think you will have to get your GNIB card first, so that GNIB can register the stamp on their system. so if you apply for re-entry visa, you will get a sticker in your passport.