ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revised Requirements for Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bb21

Revised Requirements for Schengen Visa

Post by bb21 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:23 am

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has more information regarding the revised requirements for accommodation reservation from 27th April 2009 by the French Embassy. Below is the text displayed on their website:
As from the 27th of April, people travelling to France for tourism will have to provide a reservation confirmation issued directly by the hotel clearly stating the visa national’s full names, the dates of check-in and out, the hotel address and contact details. Bookings made via a reservation centre or travel agencies will no longer be accepted. To ensure that visa nationals comply with the legislation in regards to the reality of stay in France, controls will be made prior and after the visa has been granted.
The information required is still the same as those previously, only that now it needs to come direct from the accommodation provider.

My concern is that most hostel bookings are made through a third-party engine such as hostelworld.com and net-booking.com because they do not have their own stand-alone system. On the confirmation email all the required information are still supplied including contact details of the hostel. Hotels that have own reservation engines are so much more expensive that I probably cannot afford them.

Does anyone know if such confirmation is going to be rejected from the 27th? Or does this amendment only apply to those that previously did not contain all the information above? I do not want to waste repeated trips to the consulate and £55 each time because of this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gani999

Re: Revised Requirements for Schengen Visa

Post by gani999 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:10 pm

bb21 wrote:Hi all, just wondering if anyone has more information regarding the revised requirements for accommodation reservation from 27th April 2009 by the French Embassy. Below is the text displayed on their website:
As from the 27th of April, people travelling to France for tourism will have to provide a reservation confirmation issued directly by the hotel clearly stating the visa national’s full names, the dates of check-in and out, the hotel address and contact details. Bookings made via a reservation centre or travel agencies will no longer be accepted. To ensure that visa nationals comply with the legislation in regards to the reality of stay in France, controls will be made prior and after the visa has been granted.
The information required is still the same as those previously, only that now it needs to come direct from the accommodation provider.

My concern is that most hostel bookings are made through a third-party engine such as hostelworld.com and net-booking.com because they do not have their own stand-alone system. On the confirmation email all the required information are still supplied including contact details of the hostel. Hotels that have own reservation engines are so much more expensive that I probably cannot afford them.

Does anyone know if such confirmation is going to be rejected from the 27th? Or does this amendment only apply to those that previously did not contain all the information above? I do not want to waste repeated trips to the consulate and £55 each time because of this.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Just contact the Hotel at their address given in your hostelworld.com booking, and ask them to send you a confirmation by mail. If they are reluctant, you could offer to pay them the postage charges when you check out after your stay. It won't cost much.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:03 pm

i dono y is tht for
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

bb21

Post by bb21 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks gani.

The hostel replied very nicely and said that they could fax it through. Just wondering if anyone know whether a faxed copy is acceptable.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:54 am

bb21 wrote:Thanks gani.

The hostel replied very nicely and said that they could fax it through. Just wondering if anyone know whether a faxed copy is acceptable.

It is accepted
Magsi

bb21

Post by bb21 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi, that's great.

Bit of a pain now. One of the hotel owners just emailed me a word document as an attachment to an email. He told me to print it off myself as they do not have letterheaded paper in hand. Does anyone know if this is acceptable?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 12, 2009 3:01 pm

bb21 wrote:Hi, that's great.

Bit of a pain now. One of the hotel owners just emailed me a word document as an attachment to an email. He told me to print it off myself as they do not have letterheaded paper in hand. Does anyone know if this is acceptable?
The Germans accepted the same for my partner.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

bb21

Post by bb21 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Do the Germans have the same revised requirements as the French? I feel really nervous about this.