ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New rule of student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heman

New rule of student visa

Post by heman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:25 am

Hi,

one of my friends is going to apply for a UK visa very soon as he wants to study in UK. So he asked me some questions, but I have no idea about the new rule. can anyone please help me to find out the answers please:

1) His uncle can be his sponsor? the course is for 2 years 10000 GBP tuition fees alltogether. so how much money he has to pay now in order to get the visa? 60 percent ???

2) what about bank statements, his uncle has an a/c at a new bank which is not known to Uk embassy I guess. Is there any new rule for bank or bank a/c??

to be honest, can any one please tell me the new things of student visa please so that I can help my friend please. anything will be helpful. Many Thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Recently attended a seminar from UK visa these r the imp points from that
1) Sponsor and individual should hold a joint account.
2) maintenance fund reduces london boroughs:7200 & outside london:5400
3) should get new offer letter from march 31st from the univ
4) maintenance funds b held 28 days before visa applying date. i.e., u can drop all your money just 1 month before
5) NO SOURCE OF FUNDS INFO REQUIRED
6) changing course authenticated by University.

heman

Post by heman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:58 pm

many many thanks mate 4 ur reply. how much money does any1 have to pay before applying for student visa, full tuition fees or 60 percent of it please??? cheers

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:38 am

heman wrote:many many thanks mate 4 ur reply. how much money does any1 have to pay before applying for student visa, full tuition fees or 60 percent of it please??? cheers
60 percent is fine unless u can afford full fees. but u should accompanied with proper sponsorship.

interior
Newly Registered

Joint Account

Post by interior » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:42 am

yasa wrote:
heman wrote:many many thanks mate 4 ur reply. how much money does any1 have to pay before applying for student visa, full tuition fees or 60 percent of it please??? cheers
60 percent is fine unless u can afford full fees. but u should accompanied with proper sponsorship.
Please let me know as I know confusion with regards to this joint account. I have not been into my country last 3 three years and I am not holiding joint accout with my father (as he is my sponser) so before applying for student extension VISA in June 2009 how comes I can open joint account with him as obviousily his account is not in this country.

Please help what should I do?

jsparrow
Newly Registered

Post by jsparrow » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:28 pm

yasa wrote:
No sponsorship from relative is not allowed. Your sponsor is ur educational provider. If u pay 60% fees
U need to show that u have 40% of fees plus 7200gbp if u studying in london and 5400 gbp for outside the london. All the money should be there in your account for 28 days if u r applying after 1 june 2009.

interior
Newly Registered

Post by interior » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:16 am

jsparrow wrote:
yasa wrote:
No sponsorship from relative is not allowed. Your sponsor is ur educational provider. If u pay 60% fees
U need to show that u have 40% of fees plus 7200gbp if u studying in london and 5400 gbp for outside the london. All the money should be there in your account for 28 days if u r applying after 1 june 2009.
why they say that you need to have joint account & what sort of Joint account they are talking about? Please explain.

jsparrow
Newly Registered

Post by jsparrow » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 pm

interior wrote:
jsparrow wrote:
yasa wrote:
why they say that you need to have joint account & what sort of Joint account they are talking about? Please explain.
If u can demonstrate that all the required amount of money is available in ur account then u dont need to show any sponsor or joint acc with sponsor. But if u dont have enough of money in ur acc and u r relie on sponsor money then acc should on ur as well as sponsors name that is joint acc.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:46 pm

interior wrote:
jsparrow wrote:
yasa wrote:
It means u have ready access to all the money..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

GarryBen
Newly Registered

Post by GarryBen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:31 am

If you are going to study abroad then contact to us for more information .....