ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much time I have to remain in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mike0530
Newly Registered

How much time I have to remain in UK

Post by Mike0530 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:16 pm

I am on H1B in US and due to recent layoffs in my company and no US GC in sight, I am thinking of applying for HSMP Tier 1 skilled worker but might not wish to go there immediately - want it as a backup. I have following questions:

1) Once approved, How much time I will have to move to UK? (I wish it to be as delayed/long as possible)

2) Once I reach there i.e. enter UK for how much time I need to stay in UK to maintain the HSMP visa status? (Can I just enter UK and come back to US. If my job situation becomes bad in US, I might wish to go back to UK.)

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Re: How much time I have to remain in UK

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Mike0530 wrote:I am on H1B in US and due to recent layoffs in my company and no US GC in sight, I am thinking of applying for HSMP Tier 1 skilled worker but might not wish to go there immediately - want it as a backup. I have following questions:

1) Once approved, How much time I will have to move to UK? (I wish it to be as delayed/long as possible)

2) Once I reach there i.e. enter UK for how much time I need to stay in UK to maintain the HSMP visa status? (Can I just enter UK and come back to US. If my job situation becomes bad in US, I might wish to go back to UK.)
1. After you receive your Tier 1 visa technically you can enter as long as visa is valid but this will effect on ILR and FLR too. To apply for FLR after
3 years you still need to satisfy the same criteria on which you entered.

I have read in this forum that people say that you should be in side UK within 6 months of visa issued but I have not seen any documentation.

2. There is no restriction on the minimum number of days you were supposed to stay in UK for Tier 1. As I said before during extension and if you are planning for ILR, this absence will effect.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: How much time I have to remain in UK

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Mike0530 wrote:I am on H1B in US and due to recent layoffs in my company and no US GC in sight, I am thinking of applying for HSMP Tier 1 skilled worker but might not wish to go there immediately - want it as a backup. I have following questions:

u can come any time but as u know for the ILR purpose u got to be in country for certain amount of time to qualify. currently it is 5 years.

hope this helps