ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings - Flexible benefits.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MJNair

Previous Earnings - Flexible benefits.

Post by MJNair » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:09 pm

My renumeration package consists of X as my basic salary & a certain set of flexible benefits. So I can give up a part of my holidays to earn some extra pounds but can sacrifice a part of my salary for some benefits like medical insurance, pensions etc.

I gave up 5 days from my total holiday allowance to increase my total salary by Y to Z (basic + benefits). The same is shown in my salary slip.

It appears as follows in the payslip:
Basic Salary : X
Funded Benefits: Y
-----------------------
Total Gross: Z

I understand that allowances such as accomodation & school which form a part of the salary package can be counted as previous earnings.

Can I claim my salary as Z (which includes my basic salary of X + the funded benefits)?

Please let me know your comments.

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:23 pm

MJ,

Flext monotary allowances including your OT/Oncall/Bonus/Leave pay will be counted in your Gross income as long as its clearly mentioned on your salary slip and your bank statements amounts are matching with the pay slip net amount..

NK

hsmp_922

Re: Previous Earnings - Flexible benefits.

Post by hsmp_922 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:19 pm

MJNair wrote:My renumeration package consists of X as my basic salary & a certain set of flexible benefits. So I can give up a part of my holidays to earn some extra pounds but can sacrifice a part of my salary for some benefits like medical insurance, pensions etc.

I gave up 5 days from my total holiday allowance to increase my total salary by Y to Z (basic + benefits). The same is shown in my salary slip.

-----------------------

I understand that allowances such as accomodation & school which form a part of the salary package can be counted as previous earnings.

Can I claim my salary as Z (which includes my basic salary of X + the funded benefits)?

Hi

You can claim the amount if its clearly stated in your payslip.

Best Wishes.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Previous Earnings - Flexible benefits.

Post by yasa » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:12 am

hsmp_922 wrote:
MJNair wrote:My renumeration package consists of X as my basic salary & a certain set of flexible benefits. So I can give up a part of my holidays to earn some extra pounds but can sacrifice a part of my salary for some benefits like medical insurance, pensions etc.

-----------------------

Hi

You can claim the amount if its clearly stated in your payslip.

Best Wishes.
It should go into your bank as well.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Thanks you all for the response.

The flexible benefit is part of my salary package. By default I am given 5 additional holidays which I can 'sell' before the beginning of the year. This extra money gets distributed into my gross over the next 12 months & is included with my gross pay in my payslip.
& yes, the corresponding net amount gets deposited in my bank account.

From the guidelines, I wasn't sure if this can be considered as part of the earnings.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:10 pm

MJNair wrote:Thanks you all for the response.

The flexible benefit is part of my salary package. By default I am given 5 additional holidays which I can 'sell' before the beginning of the year. This extra money gets distributed into my gross over the next 12 months & is included with my gross pay in my payslip.
& yes, the corresponding net amount gets deposited in my bank account.

From the guidelines, I wasn't sure if this can be considered as part of the earnings.
Thats fine.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer