ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation of the spouse of naturalised Irish

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anothernews
Newly Registered

naturalisation of the spouse of naturalised Irish

Post by anothernews » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi All

I have look around and I am not able to find any information about this I am hoping somebody in the forum will help me out. How long do you have to wait before applying naturalisation for spouse ( Non EEA) of a naturalised Irish citizen ?

According to INIS if you are married to a Irish citizen for 3 years then you can apply for naturalisation but in case of naturalised Irish citizen is it 3 years after the naturalisation of the other half or from the marriage date irresepctive of the naturalisation date ?

Has anybody applied for naturalisation of their spouse after getting their naturalisation ? please update

Thanks

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi,
back when post nuptial citizenship existed, if someone became irish their spouse could apply 3 years after they became irish, or after the wedding, whichever was later.
The important thing was something like "3 years of marriage to an irish citizen", so they had to both be married for 3 years and the spouse had to be an irish citizen for 3 years.
I presume that the same applies to naturalised citizens (why wouldn't it?).

So in your case (married before naturalisation) it would be 3 years after naturalisation.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:38 am

I confirm what tom4 has stated. You only be eligible to apply based on marriage if your spouse has completed 3 years as a naturalised Irish citizen.
Regards