ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Parents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jai Jawan
Newly Registered

Dependant Parents

Post by Jai Jawan » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:26 am

I am planning to call my parents in the UK on a dependent visa. Whats the procedure like- what forms are to be filled, whats the documentation requirement. Pls advice. Also what are the chances of getting the dependant visa for parents approved and if say the dependant visa is rejected ...can the parents still apply for a tourist visa...Dont want to be in a situation where they cannot enter the UK.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:00 pm

getting dependant visa is next to impossible especially on wp, hsmp or similary visa's

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:56 am

Jai Jawan,

I am also from India and I had the same question, as my mother is dependent on me. I had asked this quesdtion to Britih High Commission office, Mumbai via email, and they replied that, I can not take her as my dependent, but can definitely invite her on Visitor VISA.

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:54 pm

Is it possible after the ILR or naturalization to bring the dependent parents? Are there any other restrictions? They may allow some cases on compassonate grounds...not quite sure...

Regards
Chandra

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:19 am

YEs CHandra,

After ILR you can invite your dependant parents as dependent on your VISA. And i have even ehard that even while the first year or the four years you can try gettign them there, but for that you must have patience and acourage to fight (i mean to communicate strongly). Don't know if anyone has experience of getting his/her dependants during the initial four years of HSMP.

Dhaval

Jai Jawan
Newly Registered

Post by Jai Jawan » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:02 pm

Looks like its difficult to get parents on dependent visa. Can anyone share their experience? Moderators- pls shade some light on this topic.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:35 pm

After ILR you can invite your dependant parents as dependent on your VISA. <== not really...it all depends on the circumstances and the situation at that time...

And i have even ehard that even while the first year or the four years you can try gettign them there, but for that you must have patience and acourage to fight (i mean to communicate strongly). <== all the best to all who are trying to bring their dependant relatives on a dependant visa

stitcher

Post by stitcher » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Jai Jawan wrote:Looks like its difficult to get parents on dependent visa. Can anyone share their experience? Moderators- pls shade some light on this topic.
jai do keep us posted ... i am also working on bringing my parents here as dependants

Marie B

Post by Marie B » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:47 am

Have a search on the immigration for family members section of this site, think this topic has been covered in quite a lot of detail.

From what I remember reading in the past it is very difficult to bring members of your family as dependents, even once you get ILR or even BC. For parents think they have to be over 65 and completely dependent on you alone, i.e. have no remaining family members in their home country, so if you have siblings or cousins back home its difficult to prove they have no one else to rely on. This is only what I remember reading in the past though, sure there are a lot of other factors that are taken into account.

VP

any success in bringing parents on dependent?

Post by VP » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:41 pm

did you people get any success in bringing parents on dependent?