ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Question for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk_aspirant
Newly Registered

Payment Question for HSMP

Post by uk_aspirant » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:08 am

Dear Folks,

I have a question for paying for HSMP visa fee by credit card. On the Payment section of the form there is a section stating "Issue Number SWITCH only". Can anyone explain what it means and is it relevant to someone who is paying by credit card?

I have read in this forum that lots of people have had problems when they paid by credit card. Is there a sure way of paying by credit card without having any problems ?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated ?

Cheers!!

kumi

Re: Payment Question for HSMP

Post by kumi » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:56 am

Details Required for CC payment:

Card Type : Visa/Master//....etc
Amount
Payer Name
Card Number
Card Details: Expiry Date, Valid From.

rest of them can be ignored.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:04 am

i advise you to use visa,
a few people get their applications returned cos of problems with their master card
My bow has been renewed

uk_aspirant
Newly Registered

using a US Mastercard

Post by uk_aspirant » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:50 pm

Hi,

Since a number of people have mentioned that Mastercard usage is a problem, I would beinterested to know if using a US mastercard also creates problems? Does using a Visa card ensure no problems in most cases ?

II am sending from India then what payment method to use other than a credit card ?

Thanks.for your inputs.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:51 pm

hi aspirant,

Yes, i think u can proceed with VISA Card, there were a few mastercard holders from USA who got problem in processing, u can check another thread in thsi forum where people have posted their problems, adn u can find out who were from where?

Regarding another method of payment from India, U can send a Demand Draft issued to a bank in UK. I sent it by SBI, and they have a branch ther ein London as well. there are eseveral other options, like HSBC, Citi Bank, etc.

During my first applciatuion I paid by VISA Card adn in second applciation through DD issued on and by SBI. Both methods worked without any problem. All the best to you too..

uk_aspirant
Newly Registered

Demand draft to be made in whose favour ???

Post by uk_aspirant » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:20 pm

Can anyone Please advise about the Demand draft to be made in whose favour ??? Please also mentione the amount and payable to whom?

Does sending by DD slow things down and also is there any additional fee to be charged ?

The guidance document for HSMP asks for payment to be made via CC/ Postal check/ Money Order but no mention of DD. I am confused a bit here but reading others posts helped me to clear up a bit esp as they mentioned that they paid by DD.

Any guidance here is appreciated.

Regards,
Neeraj

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:44 pm

make cheques payable to home office, work permits.. .. though this infor is on the form .. you will see it there close to the credit card area.

it takes them 5 working days to process a cheque so they wont queue your application till the cheque has cleared
My bow has been renewed