ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation needed to set my mind at rest re Schengen Visas

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brit Chick

Confirmation needed to set my mind at rest re Schengen Visas

Post by Brit Chick » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:11 pm

I have browsed through threads on this forum as well as the relevant countries embassy websites and would just like confirmation that i am correct in thinking that my husband (pakistani national, now residing in UK with ILR) will not require a schengen visa if he was to go on holiday accompanied by myself (UK national by birth) to Poland or Prague?

I have emailed the embassies asking for confirmation several weeks ago but they have yet to respond and I don't want to turn up without the visa onlyto find my husband should've applied for one.

Thanks in advance

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Confirmation needed to set my mind at rest re Schengen V

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Brit Chick wrote:I have browsed through threads on this forum as well as the relevant countries embassy websites and would just like confirmation that i am correct in thinking that my husband (pakistani national, now residing in UK with ILR) will not require a schengen visa if he was to go on holiday accompanied by myself (UK national by birth) to Poland or Prague?

I have emailed the embassies asking for confirmation several weeks ago but they have yet to respond and I don't want to turn up without the visa onlyto find my husband should've applied for one.

Thanks in advance
thanks for sharing
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:45 pm

yasa wrote:
Brit Chick wrote:I have browsed through threads on this forum as well as the relevant countries embassy websites and would just like confirmation that i am correct in thinking that my husband (pakistani national, now residing in UK with ILR) will not require a schengen visa if he was to go on holiday accompanied by myself (UK national by birth) to Poland or Prague?

Thanks in advance
thanks for sharing
Sharing what? She's asking a question! :roll:

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Thanks in advance
Now, in answer to your question, Brit Chick.... Unfortunately your husband would normally have to apply for a schengen visa, as his ILR is under UK immigration rules. :( If he was under EU rules (eg Residence Card for family member of an EU citizen) then he would usually be able to travel with you without having to apply for a visa.
On the upside, the schengen visa is FREE for non-EU spouses! :)

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:03 pm

darn it, so that means we still have to go through the hassle of getting a schengen visa then :(

I know it's free, but most embassies won't accept postal applications even though we reside in bournemouth which means both of taking a day off work and travelling up to london to get the visa - so not really as 'free' as it sounds unfortunately.

hmm

Post by hmm » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:27 pm

You might have to make an appointment before you go to the embassy in person. check with the embassy, most asked you to call 090... (£1 per minute) number to make the appointment. If your hubby has a long name then it'll be expensive to make the appointment.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:50 am

Brit Chick wrote:...my husband (pakistani national, now residing in UK with ILR) will not require a schengen visa if he was to go on holiday accompanied by myself (UK national by birth) to Poland or Prague...
>>This thread<< explains why your husband should usually be allowed to travel Visa-Free with a relevant residence card.

However it does not apply to your husband, as you are a UK citizen living in the UK, and not elsewhere in the EU.

Still, IMHO, you should be allowed to travel visa-free, details of which can be found in >>this<< post.

Good luck.

3crown

Post by 3crown » Mon May 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Brit Chick ..can't he can go on his own?
Brit Chick wrote:darn it, so that means we still have to go through the hassle of getting a schengen visa then :(

I know it's free, but most embassies won't accept postal applications even though we reside in bournemouth which means both of taking a day off work and travelling up to london to get the visa - so not really as 'free' as it sounds unfortunately.