ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible to apply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waqas_punjabian
Newly Registered

Am I eligible to apply?

Post by waqas_punjabian » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 am

Hi all,

I have done my BSCS (Hons) 4 years degree. In my country, our Higher Education Commission, attest 4 year valid degree equivalent to Masters degree. They also issue a letter that indicates that our 4 year degree is equal to Masters (16 year education).

So, in that case, am I eligible to apply for Tier 1 (General) visa?

Note: I have all other requirements fulfilled besides a concrete Masters degree.

regards,
Waqas

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:23 am

NARIC defines if your degree is master equivalent in UK or not. Check with the point calculator if your degree is equivalent to master / bachelor in UK.

Failing that you have to pay NARIC to check this. Other members from your country may already have this info.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Am I eligible to apply?

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:46 pm

waqas_punjabian wrote:Hi all,

I have done my BSCS (Hons) 4 years degree. In my country, our Higher Education Commission, attest 4 year valid degree equivalent to Masters degree. They also issue a letter that indicates that our 4 year degree is equal to Masters (16 year education).

So, in that case, am I eligible to apply for Tier 1 (General) visa?

Note: I have all other requirements fulfilled besides a concrete Masters degree.

regards,
Waqas
UK needs letter from NARIC not from HEC. But to let u know Pakistans 4 years bachelors and 2 years masters is equivalent to BSC (Hons) by NARIC...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:47 pm

=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================