ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:01 am

aspirant09 wrote:Congrats VK82...mine is still AFC...
Thanks aspirant. I know how frustating it is to wait and it just haapens randomly as some applications are stuck for no reasons. I have a feeling the case worker who is supposed to double check your application (awaiting further consideration) was on his easter break and this is causing the delay. Also most of the times it takes them around 7-10 days to dispatch the passport once its stamped and until then status remains the same. These are strong possiblities of possible delays.
Wished the process was more transparent and folks dont have to wait so long after submitting genuine documents. Wish you luck and keep us posted.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:01 pm

VK82 wrote:
aspirant09 wrote:Congrats VK82...mine is still AFC...
Thanks aspirant. I know how frustating it is to wait and it just haapens randomly as some applications are stuck for no reasons. I have a feeling the case worker who is supposed to double check your application (awaiting further consideration) was on his easter break and this is causing the delay. Also most of the times it takes them around 7-10 days to dispatch the passport once its stamped and until then status remains the same. These are strong possiblities of possible delays.
Wished the process was more transparent and folks dont have to wait so long after submitting genuine documents. Wish you luck and keep us posted.
Congrats VK82. Hope the good news spreads to us all still waiting and pretty fast. Still AFC for over 6 weeks now.
Good things come to those who wait.................

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 pm

miki wrote:Update .............
Timelines..

Category: HSMP to Tier 1 (Extention)
Applied: 18 Feb 2009
Reached HO as Dated on Ref. letter : 19th Feb 2009
Visa Expired: 5 March 2009
Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.
2nd Apr (6 weeks completed) - Awaiting Further Consideration
3rd Apr - Under Consideration (Morning)
6th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
7th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
8th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
9th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
14th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
15th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
16th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
17th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
20th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
21st Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)

Hi Miki,

I am in same situation, though I applied 2 weeks later than you..Posted last week of Feb..recd by HO on first week of march..

every time I call them they say "it is under consideration".

Y'day when I called them I asked whether they are waiting for any docs from me, she said no...and she did not give any other details.

Waiting and status like this is killing...My visa expires on Jun 14th.

VT

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:04 pm

vt_76 wrote:
Timelines..

Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.

Hi Miki,

I am in same situation, though I applied 2 weeks later than you..Posted last week of Feb..recd by HO on first week of march..

Y'day when I called them I asked whether they are waiting for any docs from me, she said no...and she did not give any other details.

VT
U need to hang in there mate, seeing as there's no definite timescale with HO. Patience is the greatest virtue now and praying for positive result.
Good things come to those who wait.................

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:56 pm

hoopsy wrote:
vt_76 wrote:
Timelines..

Visa Status:

Hi Miki,

VT
U need to hang in there mate, seeing as there's no definite timescale with HO. Patience is the greatest virtue now and praying for positive result.
Thanks Hoopsy.

VT did you check with your employer if there is any verification request pending with them. This can possibly cause a delay. One of the guy had this problem, a verification email from HO was sitting in his HR's inbox for around two weeks. This delayed his application and the message he got was under consideration.

Tier 1 extension are generally straight forward and the most common verification they do is with the employer so we need to keep a check with our employers when our application crosses the 6th week mark.

Hope all of us who are waiting get the positive decision soon.

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks Hoopsy and VK.

I have not checked with my employer..but I am with same employer when I was previously on WP and then when switched to HSMP 2 years back. I can send mail to my HR and see.

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks VK82 :) :)

Phew...that was close....

I called my HR...and they told me that they sent letter back to HO on 20th April...stating my start date, NI and designation...no other detais requested..so not given.

visitkans

HSMP to TIER 1 Early extension approved

Post by visitkans » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Got my extension yesterday.

Previous HSMP expiry - Jan 2010.

New Tier 1 approved till 16 Jan 2013

Applied on March 16th
Money deducted : March 17th
Letter received : March 18th

Passport stamped and received : April 23

Also they had sent a mail to my HR to confirm the following

The date's Mr xxxxxxxxx was employed with your company?
Mr xxxxxxxx earnings with your company between "the dates claimed"
The wage slips received are printed on ADP slips. Please confirm these were issued by your company.

cshekhar_iyer
Newly Registered

Extension_Tier 1 General

Post by cshekhar_iyer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Folks,
I applied for my extension of leave to remain under Tier 1 general on 23 March 2009. My wife and daughter also applied along with me.

Applied: 23 March 2009
Acknowledgement received: 24 March 2009
Passport received: 24 Apr 2009
(No employer verification done)

I received my passport back today with visa approved till Apr 2012.

Since I was asked to attend an urgent business meeting in France by my employer, they faxed Home office an urgent treatment request form on Wed 22 Apr 09 Stating that I need to travel to attend an business meeting and I got my passport today.

When sending urgent treatment form, make sure to state that its for urgent treatment only and you DO NOT wish to withdraw the application.

Before I got my passport back I used to visit this site everyday and I hope that the above mentioned information will be useful to you.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Shekhar

miki

Post by miki » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:56 pm

VK82 wrote: Dont lose patience miki, you will get the positive response. Your lost passport may be the reason of delay, as you said you provided all the legal documents and this suggests that they are verifying it. So hold it, you will get the news soon.

Congratulations VK82 !! It's party time. :lol:

Thanks VK82 & TVN_Ramesh.

Yes, lost passport could be the main reason.

I have tried to get more information but no luck.

No update from my side as didn't called HO from last 2 days. :(

miki

Post by miki » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:13 pm

vt_76 wrote:
Timelines..

Visa Status:

Hi Miki,

VT

VT_76,

Hmmmm...i can understand..

At least now you know HO was waiting for some response from ur employer. Happy about it.

It seems in my case also they must be waiting for some response from someone....from whom ..no clue ?

Employer verification is done on phone.

Now days I have stopped calling them. Ready to wait for few months...or may be years. :lol:

Let's enjoy 2 long week ends in May....
Last edited by miki on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:12 pm

miki wrote:
VK82 wrote: Dont lose patience miki, you will get the positive response. Your lost passport may be the reason of delay, as you said you provided all the legal documents and this suggests that they are verifying it. So hold it, you will get the news soon.

Thanks Miki. I have a feeling some verification might be pending with your home country high comission (embassy). Why not give them a ring (High comission) explaining them your passport was lost and you were issued a new passport. Now that you are extending your VISA it seems some verification is pending somewhere. By any chance have they received any verification letter or verification call from HO.

There is no harm in trying this. You never know something is stuck there. But for sure your result will be approval.

Other case may be: your application has been approved and its stuck with the dispatch unit. Chances for this probability is high as well, one of the folk's passport was stamped on 1st april and he received his application back on 19th april. Mine was stamped on 15th and i received it on 23 rd so its all possible with HO. So lets be positive.
Last edited by VK82 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:14 pm

vt_76 wrote:Thanks VK82 :) :)

Phew...that was close....

I called my HR...and they told me that they sent letter back to HO on 20th April...stating my start date, NI and designation...no other detais requested..so not given.
Thats some news, now you should be relieved and in all probability your passport will be with you early next week (of course with an approval).

miki

Post by miki » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:36 pm

VK82 wrote:
miki wrote:

Thanks Miki. I have a feeling some verification might be pending with your home country high comission (embassy). Why not give them a ring (High comission) explaining them your passport was lost and you were issued a new passport. Now that you are extending your VISA it seems some verification is pending somewhere. By any chance have they received any verification letter or verification call from HO.

There is no harm in trying this. You never know something is stuck there. But for sure your result will be approval.

Other case may be: your application has been approved and its stuck with the dispatch unit. Chances for this probability is high as well, one of the folk's passport was stamped on 1st april and he received his application back on 19th april. Mine was stamped on 15th and i received it on 23 rd so its all possible with HO. So lets be positive.
Thank you so much VK82. It seems very logical suggestion.

On Monday, I'll try to get some information from birmingham high commission as issued new passport by them.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:58 pm

miki wrote:
VK82 wrote:
miki wrote:

Thank you so much VK82. It seems very logical suggestion.

On Monday, I'll try to get some information from birmingham high commission as issued new passport by them.
Yup, Good luck Miki.

karthik_nk
Newly Registered

Post by karthik_nk » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:00 am

VK82 wrote:
miki wrote:

Hi VK82,

Can you please let me know what was the status then between april 1st and 19th for your friend and 15th and 23th for you?

Thanks

VK82

Post by VK82 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:04 am

mclaren wrote:miki,

i am in the same status as yours..under consideration for 2 consecutive weeks now...not sure wat they are doing
Karthik above is the fellow forumite whose status was 'under consideration' for two weeks (Visa approved on 1st April but received it on 17th april). Mine was under consideration from 20th april to 22nd april evening. Before 20th April they refused to give any status.

Hope this helps.

karthik_nk
Newly Registered

Post by karthik_nk » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:10 am

VK82 wrote:

i am in the same status as yours..under consideration for 2 consecutive weeks now...not sure wat they are doing
Karthik above is the fellow forumite whose status was 'under consideration' for two weeks (Visa approved on 1st April but received it on 17th april). Mine was under consideration from 20th april to 22nd april evening. Before 20th April they refused to give any status.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply VK82. Even mine is still under consideration for two weeks now apart from once its changed to AFC but soon changed back to UC within half an hour. I suspect that it could be stuck with my employer verification or something, but I am bit reluctant to call my HR and check with them, they will make a big fuzz about it :-(

lucky2009
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 1 Approved

Post by lucky2009 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:03 am

Hi,

I got my approval on Friday afternoon . My timelines are as below

* Applied on 20th Mar 2009
* Acknowledgement received 23rd Mar 2009
* VISA Approved 22nd Apr 2009
* Passport received on 24th Apr 2009

My sincere thanks for everyone in this forum.

Thanks,
Lucky

VK82

Post by VK82 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 am

karthik_nk wrote:
VK82 wrote:

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply VK82. Even mine is still under consideration for two weeks now apart from once its changed to AFC but soon changed back to UC within half an hour. I suspect that it could be stuck with my employer verification or something, but I am bit reluctant to call my HR and check with them, they will make a big fuzz about it :-(
Karthik can you post your timelines and the documents you submitted for income.

aaammmiii

Finally approved

Post by aaammmiii » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 am

Hi All,

I would like to thank the forum members for this great detailed information.
Type: HSMP to Tier1 (non-JR)
Applied: 19Mar2009
Fees Deducted: 20Mar2009
Ref letter: 23Mar2009
Change of Circu... sent: 16Apr2009
Application approved: 22Apr2009
Received: 25Apr2009
Valid till: 22Apr2012

Used Halifax Regular Saver as a proof for Maintenance funds.

Thanks a lot. :D

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Hello there..

Is there any one else waiting who applied before 12th march ? and if you called what they said to you.....

Thanks
Saqib

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Finally approved

Post by hsmpengineer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:26 pm

[quote="aaammmiii"]Hi All,

If you done mind, what was the change in your circumstance? Do you reckon applicants need to inform the HO of change of address even though they have indefinite access to their previous address?

Thanks a lot. :D[/quote]

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

saqib389 Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there..

Is there any one else waiting who applied before 12th march ? and if you called what they said to you.....

Thanks
Saqib
yep....i applied in the last week of feb.
Awaiting Further Consideration
:-)

lak3909

Re: Finally approved

Post by lak3909 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:05 pm

aaammmiii wrote:Hi All,

Thanks a lot. :D
Please share your cchange of circumstance if it is to do with change of address...
I have given my office address as corrospondence as i moved home... my bank statements are addressed toold address
shouwl di inform the home office?