ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

It's Very Urgent Plz Advise Plz !!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guttu
Newly Registered

It's Very Urgent Plz Advise Plz !!!

Post by guttu » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:33 am

Hello Friends need some advise

Actually i am living in ireland from last 5 years and i am married to a British Citizen from past 2 Years and we living together and she is Excercising her EU Treaty Rights in Ireland..

And my status is illegal in ireland i dont have visa But because of this new Law now i had applied for my EU1 application from more that 6 months now but no response yet from DOJ still waiting...

But the problem is that can i get Visa for 3 months on Counter as Registration on immigration counter if i show them my Marraige cert and EU1 Refernce Letter from DOJ , will they give me 3 months Visa or not due to my illegel status ???

Because my G.mother is Sick and i have to go see her my home country
and i can only go for 2 weeks if i get 3 months visa i am really confused
plz help me if u know something about this .. it will be really apreciated..

Thanx
M.Ali Malik

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: It's Very Urgent Plz Advise Plz !!!

Post by ca.funke » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 am

Hi guttu,

first - welcome to the Forum :!:

second - please please change the title of your post - outcries for general help will not make anyone read your thread. Choose something more enticing, such as "My current status is unclear to myself" or "I am not sure whether I'm illegal or not" or similar.
guttu wrote:...Actually i am living in ireland from last 5 years and i am married to a British Citizen from past 2 Years and we living together and she is Excercising her EU Treaty Rights in Ireland..

And my status is illegal in ireland...
You are legally present in Ireland from the time you are married. 2004/38/EC and relevant case law states explicitly that it does not matter how you enter(ed) a country. The fact that you are now married to an EU-citizen legally shifts you to the safe side, as long as the marriage in genuine.
guttu wrote:...i had applied for my EU1 application from more that 6 months now but no response yet from DOJ still waiting...
When did you apply exactly? If six months passed, the DoJ is in default and you can sue them.

I was in exactly the same situation as you are, one letter from a lawyer to DoJ threatening that we will sue unless they reply within a week solved our problem - we received our 4EUFam card after 3 days.

We had to pay a fee to the lawyer. Theoretically you can get back this fee through an additional lawsuit against DoJ as they are in default, practically that'll be difficult and not worth it as the fee isn't skyrocketing. (At least that was my assessment, which isn't right but that's the way it is)

Summary: If your EU1 application has been pending for 6 months you are entitled to a 4EUFam card immediately. This will allow you to enter and leave Ireland as you please.

Also you may enter and leave Ireland as you please, simply because you are married to an EU-citizen. In reality this may proove a bit difficult... All details about that <<here>>. Also read the sublinks from there.

Good luck.

guttu
Newly Registered

Need some advise regarding EU1

Post by guttu » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:11 pm

guttu wrote:Hello Friends need some advise

Actually i am living in ireland from last 5 years and i am married to a British Citizen from past 2 Years and we living together and she is Excercising her EU Treaty Rights in Ireland..

And my status is illegal in ireland i dont have visa But because of this new Law now i had applied for my EU1 application from more that 6 months now but no response yet from DOJ still waiting...

But the problem is that can i get Visa for 3 months on Counter as Registration on immigration counter if i show them my Marraige cert and EU1 Refernce Letter from DOJ , will they give me 3 months Visa or not due to my illegel status ???

Because my G.mother is Sick and i have to go see her my home country
and i can only go for 2 weeks if i get 3 months visa i am really confused
plz help me if u know something about this .. it will be really apreciated..

Thanx
M.Ali Malik

guttu
Newly Registered

Post by guttu » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanx Sir for a reply back and i will take care of this next time to make my topic more clear sorry i was new and was in panic ..aniways

i read the whole thing u wrote , thnx

the current problem is that i have to leave country next month bec G.mother had a surgery i wanted to be ther on this time .. so i know wot u said that i shud get my letter till now but i want to ask that is that not possible that i can go with my wife this week on immigration country and can get 3 months non renewable visa ? atleast i can go and come back on my g.mothers surgery ..
i hav short time so dont knw what to do now .. all i wanted to know if u have any knowledge of this 3 months visa is dere ani change i can get it or dey wont ?

linus65
Newly Registered

Post by linus65 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:28 pm

I think the best opption is to go to your local GNIB with your spouse, both your passports, marriage cert and the EU1 reference letter from DOJ. You should be able to get your passport stamped for 6 months.

guttu
Newly Registered

Post by guttu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:57 am

but i think they wont give 6 month stamp on counter because they ask for Acknowledgement letter from Doj but they dont send ,, but i will try to talk with them lets see what they say ...