ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependant (Passport with husband name)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m_kamran

Tier1 Dependant (Passport with husband name)

Post by m_kamran » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:52 pm

My wife will apply for Tier1 (G) dependant next month. Can she apply on her existing passport or she need to get new passport with husband name on it before submitting application?

thanks

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 Dependant (Passport with husband name)

Post by push » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:08 pm

m_kamran wrote:My wife will apply for Tier1 (G) dependant next month. Can she apply on her existing passport or she need to get new passport with husband name on it before submitting application?

thanks
She needs her own passport
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:14 pm

She will apply on her own passport but husband name is compulsory or not?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:21 pm

m_kamran wrote:She will apply on her own passport but husband name is compulsory or not?
Its not compulsory. I guess she must have got it before your marriage. Passport is not used to establish the relationship, marriage certificate is.
What supporting documents should my dependants include with their application?
Your dependants should include all the documents necessary to show that they qualify for entry to the UK as your dependant. If they do not, we may refuse their application.
As a guide, your dependants should include:
evidence of their relationship to you;
evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application; and
a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK.
regards,
push

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:26 am

Hi.

I got My tier1 visa 2 months back( Primary Applicant). After that, I travelled to London for 20 days, now I am back to India.
Now, I wish to make an application for my Spouse and kid under dependent visa after few days as they would be completeing their 3 monts of funds maintenece( 1600+1600 GBP).

I still dont have a job in UK. Having or Not having job in the uk, effect appoval of depenedt visa.?

If I am in India and do not have a UK job , do I have to still show 2800 GBP funds along with my dependts funds(1600+1600 GBP)?.

Regards,
dima.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:28 am

dima wrote:Hi.

I got My tier1 visa 2 months back( Primary Applicant). After that, I travelled to London for 20 days, now I am back to India.
Now, I wish to make an application for my Spouse and kid under dependent visa after few days as they would be completeing their 3 monts of funds maintenece( 1600+1600 GBP).

I still dont have a job in UK. Having or Not having job in the uk, effect appoval of depenedt visa.?

If I am in India and do not have a UK job , do I have to still show 2800 GBP funds along with my dependts funds(1600+1600 GBP)?.

Regards,
dima.
******* Duplicate Post *******
regards,
push