ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit .... 6 months to use it

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gadro
Newly Registered

Work permit .... 6 months to use it

Post by Gadro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi all

I need some advice on a tricky scenario.

I have a work permit issued 10th Nov last year 2008. I have applied for a visa/entry clearance based on my WP but I am still waiting. Am I correct in thinking that the work permit becomes invalid for entry clearance 6 months after it's date of issue??? ie 10th May coming?

If so, what should I do if the visa does not get to me so I can fly to the UK before 10th May? Can the entry date validity for the WP be changed in any way? Or am I screwed and my work going to have to sponsor me under T2 and go through this whole process again in a different channel.

Your ideas are appreciated!!

Thanks for your help!!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:59 pm

You are right. However if there has been a delay in getting entry clearance that is not your fault, such as a long wait for an interview, you can get a reprinted one. Your employer should phone 0300 123 4699.

Gadro
Newly Registered

Post by Gadro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:31 am

Thanks for the reply Paperpusher :)

The only thing is that they are stating a turnaround time of up to 2 months for visas at the moment and my application is within this timeframe so therefore the delay is not unexpected. In that case is an entry extension of any sort still possible? Do work permits usually allow this type of thing??