ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP HELP HELP ........ PLZ HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freesiakhan
Newly Registered

HELP HELP HELP ........ PLZ HELP

Post by freesiakhan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:49 am

thank you
Last edited by freesiakhan on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:30 pm

You do not have to leave the UK immediately.
Your visa is valid EITHER until it expires OR until it is curtailed by the Home Office, but that might take some time, and you could extend your stay by appealing against the decision.
Your child is, for immigration purposes, your husband's dependant. So, it is up to your husband whether or not he applies for an extension for the child when he next applies. If he effectively seeks to deprive you of custody by this method, you will need legal advice in good time.

freesiakhan
Newly Registered

Post by freesiakhan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Mr Rusty
thank you for reply. Will you explain what does this mean "Visa Curtailed by Home Office"? as mentioned in your reply

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Use a dictionary

to curtail (third-person singular simple present curtails, present participle curtailing, simple past and past participle curtailed)

To limit or restrict.
Their efforts to curtail spending didn't quite succeed.
To shorten or abridge the duration of something; to truncate.
When the audience grew restless, the speaker curtailed her speech.
(obsolete) To cut short the tail of a horse.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:35 pm

SYH wrote:Use a dictionary

to curtail (third-person singular simple present curtails, present participle curtailing, simple past and past participle curtailed)

To limit or restrict.
You shouldn't be so short with people, not everyone's command of the English language is a sound as others on here.

There's no need to be rude to her, she's asking for help not cutting remarks.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:09 pm

johnboy096 wrote:
SYH wrote:Use a dictionary

To limit or restrict.
You shouldn't be so short with people, not everyone's command of the English language is a sound as others on here.

There's no need to be rude to her, she's asking for help not cutting remarks.
Thats why I suggested the dictionary. Get over yourself John boy

Decus et Tutamen

Post by Decus et Tutamen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:41 pm

I'm with you Johnboy.

I've not been a member here for long, but one doesn't have to be in order to realise that SYH serves no useful function, his raison d'etre being to snipe, sneer and belittle others less fortunate than he.

Additionally, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones: old SYH is prone to frequent solecisms himself, the corollary being that it is self-evident that English is not his indigenous tongue.

If you don't understand the big words in this post, SYH, use a dictionary.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:04 pm

SYH wrote:Use a dictionary.
I do think this was unduly harsh in its tone. Apart from the meaning of the particular word "curtail", "Visa Curtailed by Home Office" could have various specific out-workings and meanings under either immigration law or current Home Office practice. And after all, if people were experts on immigration matters, they wouldn't be posting here to ask questions.

I recall too something that was said to me by a woman from Italy who had worked in many European countries. Speaking about the British people and languages, she said, "The British are the worst at speaking foreign languages, but they are the most accommodating when other people try to speak theirs." That was a few years ago now, and I hope the second part of her statement it is still true.

Not a bad thing, surely, if we can be accommodating in this regard - even those here who might not be British but who are nevertheless native (or near-native-standard) speakers of English?

Olly
Newly Registered

curtailed spouse visa, please help

Post by Olly » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Could you please explain, what rights do I have if my spouse visa is curtailed. I left my husband after my spouse visa was granted because of the domestic violence. I really did not expect he will behave like that. I was twice in police, but they did not even put the informaton that he attacked me in their documents. My husband wrote the letter to Home office and refused to support my application. As the result, my visa was curtailed. I appealed and was refused, Hight Court also refused another appeal. Now I just can do nothing because of health problems as a reasult of all those events. Does curtailed visa allow me to stay in the UK and to work? Can I do something later and what is the deadline not to be too late? Thank you.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: curtailed spouse visa, please help

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:15 am

Olly wrote:......... Does curtailed visa allow me to stay in the UK and to work? .........
No, of course it doesn't. You've had the benefit of the appeal system and your case has been rejected. You should return to your own country.

And how is it you claim to be in poor health, but you want to go to work?

Olly
Newly Registered

Re: curtailed spouse visa, please help

Post by Olly » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 am

Mr Rusty wrote:
Olly wrote:......... Does curtailed visa allow me to stay in the UK and to work? .........
No, of course it doesn't. You've had the benefit of the appeal system and your case has been rejected. You should return to your own country.

And how is it you claim to be in poor health, but you want to go to work?
Thank you for answering.
Because of domestic violence I lost more than 15 kgs, and have a bad depression. I worked till my case was under consideration. I had to work to have basic money to survive. My husband never allowed to collect my belongings from his home.

Now I have some new documents supporting my case and want to try to apply again for ILR. But again, because of bad health, my GP signed me off for 2 months from work and refered me to a psychologist.

It was domestic Violence, he attempted to rape me, I just could not explain it properly in police and at hospital because feeled ashamed and partly because of language barrier.

I am really desperate and need good advice about what is possible in my situation.
Thank you again.
Olly

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Proper legal advice would be useful.

Also, people will be very sceptical if you raise things now with the Home Office if you have never mentioned them before such as at your appeal hearing.

Olly
Newly Registered

Post by Olly » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:26 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Proper legal advice would be useful.

Also, people will be very sceptical if you raise things now with the Home Office if you have never mentioned them before such as at your appeal hearing.
Thank you for your comment, PaperPusher.
I mentioned about it. I have a non-molestation order. And now I have some new documents including my husbands letters and documents from organisations where I addressed after all that happened. I just worry about the terms, as the time is running out and I don't know about how much time do I have to prepare and sign new documents. My GP insists me to go to hospital for 1-2 weeks...Is there any deadline for such applications?

Another question. Can I apply for working visa to work as a teacher without leaving the UK?

Thank you in advance.
Olly