ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early extension while made redundant!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukdreamer

Early extension while made redundant!

Post by ukdreamer » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Can any Sernior member advice me about handling my current situation.

I have arrived in UK Jan 2008 and started working in March 2008, visa valid till Jan 2010, unfortunatly i have made redundant and i will not have job from May 1st, to get extension i need to get 45 points from the income alone, as of now i am eligible to renew, but the issue is when i apply i can't give my employer details. i don't know how long it will take to find next job and and due to the recession i may not get 40k job. To get permanent job Visa duraiton is become an issue now.

Can i apply extension without giving my current employer? telling about my real situation?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Early extension while made redundant!

Post by push » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:58 pm

ukdreamer wrote:Can any Sernior member advice me about handling my current situation.

I have arrived in UK Jan 2008 and started working in March 2008, visa valid till Jan 2010, unfortunatly i have made redundant and i will not have job from May 1st, to get extension i need to get 45 points from the income alone, as of now i am eligible to renew, but the issue is when i apply i can't give my employer details. i don't know how long it will take to find next job and and due to the recession i may not get 40k job. To get permanent job Visa duraiton is become an issue now.

Can i apply extension without giving my current employer? telling about my real situation?

Thank you.
You can apply rt now. Why cant you give your employer's details?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 pm

hi push_hsmp, the reason i can't apply is 3 months balance of maintanance funds of £800 and depedent £ 533 x 3 is going to complete May 23rd, after that i can apply, but by that time i will loose my job. I can't give my employer details as active employer right?.

Thank you.

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:29 pm

ukdreamer wrote:hi push_hsmp, the reason i can't apply is 3 months balance of maintanance funds of £800 and depedent £ 533 x 3 is going to complete May 23rd, after that i can apply, but by that time i will loose my job. I can't give my employer details as active employer right?.

Thank you.
You don't need ACTIVE employer mate. As long as you are qualified you don't need to be employed.

Good luck.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:05 am

ukdreamer wrote:hi push_hsmp, the reason i can't apply is 3 months balance of maintanance funds of £800 and depedent £ 533 x 3 is going to complete May 23rd, after that i can apply, but by that time i will loose my job. I can't give my employer details as active employer right?.

Thank you.
You do not need to be in employment when you apply for an extension.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ukdreamer

Thank you

Post by ukdreamer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:33 am

HSMPnonJRtoT1 / push_hsmp

Thank you very much for your advice, it was very help full, i will go ahead and apply for the visa last week of this month.

Cheers!

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:23 am

Make sure you present your redundant letter along with your extension letter, this will help you to get early extension from the date of your current leave expiry.
Good luck
Kaff

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:43 am

Kaff, Good tip indeed! I appreicate that.
Just one doubt, Redundent will be consider valid reason? they won't look that in a nagative way?

Cheers.
Kaff wrote:Make sure you present your redundant letter along with your extension letter, this will help you to get early extension from the date of your current leave expiry.
Good luck

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 am

I don't think it is valid reason for HO, but I have seen in past that some one got early extension based on their redundency letter.
You can make your Covering letter bit strong and mention that when you are looking for new job they enquire about your visa status and due to not enough period left on your visa they are not willing to offer jobs, SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES.....

Good luck
Kaff

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:10 am

Hi ,

I know somebody on this forum have made an appilcation one year early becouse he was made redundant and he got approval. You prob. need (should) to tell them (prob. in covering letter) that you are "actively seeking employment".
It will also make sense if you have a longer visa then your chances of getting job will be more javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

ukdreamer wrote:Can any Sernior member advice me about handling my current situation.

Thank you.
:wink:

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 am

I don't think you need to provide any reasons for early extension. Check the thread below where I pasted the reply I received from HO for early extension. Based on the reply, I can say you can apply for extension anytime you want (w/o valid reason) as far as you meet the qualifying criteria.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Hope that will help.
Kaff wrote:I don't think it is valid reason for HO, but I have seen in past that some one got early extension based on their redundency letter.
You can make your Covering letter bit strong and mention that when you are looking for new job they enquire about your visa status and due to not enough period left on your visa they are not willing to offer jobs, SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES.....

Good luck

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:30 am

I have gone thorugh the couple of threads, it is clear that i can apply for early extension. I will mail to UKBA asking for early extension, just for the sake of attaching their copy of mail with application for smooth process.

You guys really great and made me comfortable just before apply. Thank you very much.

I got still 3 weeks time to apply. Please feel free to share info on this and this may helpful others as well.

Thank you.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:34 am

Apply ASAP...
ukdreamer wrote:I have gone thorugh the couple of threads, it is clear that i can apply for early extension. I will mail to UKBA asking for early extension, just for the sake of attaching their copy of mail with application for smooth process.

You guys really great and made me comfortable just before apply. Thank you very much.

I got still 3 weeks time to apply. Please feel free to share info on this and this may helpful others as well.

Thank you.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:57 am

Email reply from UKBA may take upto 10 working days. Better plan things parallely while you wait for the reply from them. Don't forget to mention your circumstances in the email. once UKBA reply positively to your email, copy of this email will give your application a boast.
ukdreamer wrote:I have gone thorugh the couple of threads, it is clear that i can apply for early extension. I will mail to UKBA asking for early extension, just for the sake of attaching their copy of mail with application for smooth process.

Thank you.

ukdreamer

Got reply from Home office - need your guidenace guys!

Post by ukdreamer » Thu May 14, 2009 4:49 pm

After long 3 weeks i have got the reply from home office. They say you need to apply 28days before visa expires. If i need to apply earlier i need to give expalnation to the case worker. My question is how the case worker is going to act on my redundecy!? Guys anybody got the same experience please share.

Mail content is below:

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry.
You are required to extend your visa 28 days before expiry.

If you would like to apply earlier then please include a covering letter with your application for the case worker to explain why you are submitting application earlier.

Any final decision will be at the discretion of the case worker.

Yours faithfully,
Umar Saif
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

Thank you.