ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aus - PR help required

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psiri
Newly Registered

Aus - PR help required

Post by psiri » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi Folks,

I am planning to apply for the Aus-PR program. I am a software Engineer having 4yrs of experience and my skill is mentioned MODL. I will actually qualify for the points test. I need your help in clarifying couple of my questions.

1. At this point of time, I don't have any certifications like MCAD or MCTS from Microsoft, But I can only show my work experience. Does it enough to apply or Should I take MCTS or MCAD before applying?

2. Shall I apply for skill assessment and after a months time, can I take the IELTS?

3. I hear that now a days getting Aus PR is difficult job (because of this economic downtime), even though if I eligible would it be an issue?

4. Do you recommend me to directly apply for it on my own? or should take sign up with any immigration consultant?

Please help me.

Thanks.

fahad77

Post by fahad77 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi Pavan,

1. You dont need to get a certification, just get the detail experience letters from your employer, that would be enough (Certifications are always a plus point but not a requirement)

2. IELTS and skill assesment have no burden on each other, you should apply for skill assesment right now with ACS online and go for IELTS later. ACS is very fast these days and you should get your approval within 30 days as I got mine recently.

3. It is same as before, Austrlia's economy is still stable compare to all others including USA where I'm living and working at the moment.

4. You really dont need a consultant for this until unless you're not super busy and have no time to read about the rules and regulations so choice is yours.

Hope this helps. Good luck

psiri
Newly Registered

Post by psiri » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:01 am

HI Fahad,

Really thank you very much for your help!!!

Six months back, my H1 was stamped. Can you please suggest on should I go ahead and apply for Aus - PR? or wait for some more time still US economy stabilizes?

Just for the heads up, I am currently working for a Software Company since 4 years.

Please don't mind, if I am asking more questions.

Thanks,

fahad77

Post by fahad77 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Are you currently in US or India?
H1 is a good working visa but as you know you gotta stick to the same employer no matter what until unless you get it transfer and in this economy it's really hard to find an employer who willing to do it. I would alwasy suggest to apply for Australian PR because it's fast, cheap and is a good backup for your future. I hate US PR system, it takes forever as my case is pending for 4 years now.
Dont worry dude, you can ask as many questions as you like, I will be happy to answer them If I know.

psiri
Newly Registered

Post by psiri » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Thank you, Fahad.

I am in India. just looking at the economy down, I thought of not coming to US now.

Can you please add me on psirimalla@gmail.com, (if possible).

Regards, Pavan.

psiri
Newly Registered

Post by psiri » Wed May 13, 2009 8:03 am

Did u claim MODL points from ACS?

Can you please tell me what are the documents we need to submit to claim MODL points from ACS?

Is my Resume along with Appointment letter and relieving letter would be enough?

gopikrishnatb
Newly Registered

Post by gopikrishnatb » Mon May 25, 2009 1:47 am

Hey guys,

Can anybody tell me do we really need to submit employer references? Submitting the experience letters, relieving letters are not enough? I think getting a letter from employer stating all details is a bit tough task right?

Please help me how to do it.
Thanks.