ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent visa ( new born child in UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gpr.sap@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent visa ( new born child in UK)

Post by gpr.sap@gmail.com » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Dear Members,

My child was born in Uk, I would like to apply for dependent visa for child under tier 1 general category. However while filling application form i have got the following questions, please can any one help me.

1. Do i need to submit main applicant passport along with dependent application form? or photo copy of passport is enough.?

2. Since my child was born in UK (couple of months ago), he does not hold any visa currently, what information do i need fill in application form
(Note: Am using PBS dependent form)

a.) Section C, C1 : Under what nationality did the dependent enter the UK.?
Question: Since, child born in UK, not travelled from other country. Now should I enter as “Indianâ€

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:34 pm

1. Do i need to submit main applicant passport along with dependent application form? or photo copy of passport is enough.?
I beleive Yes you should submit main applicants passport
2. Since my child was born in UK (couple of months ago), he does not hold any visa currently, what information do i need fill in application form
use NA whereever questions like these feature.
Question: Since, child born in UK, not travelled from other country. Now should I enter as “Indianâ€
:-)

gpr.sap@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by gpr.sap@gmail.com » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm

aspirant09 wrote:

Thanks for prompt reply, So I need to submit both Dependent ( Child ) passport , and Main Applicant ( Parent passport) along with application form, is my understanding is correct.?
my worry is, if i submit my passport it will hang up min 6weeks, i may require to travel to other countries during that time.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi gpr.sap@gmail.com

I too expecting a child soon. I beleive from your comments I can see you are an Indian. Can you please let me know what are the things we need to do to get passport from indian embassy in london? Should I have to first register for birth with embassy and then apply for passport? or it is just one step process to get passport? How long it takes to get passport.
I am expecting a child by september and by december my visa expires. It may be tight for me to get passport and then apply for visa?

I am aware that a child born in UK do not need visa until the child leaves Uk and enters again. Can I apply for me and my wife alone while extending in december, then take time to get passport for the kid and then apply?

All the best with your application

Thanks

gpr.sap@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by gpr.sap@gmail.com » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:40 pm

To get Indian passport you can apply at the same time for birth rigistration with embassy and Passport, the fee for both is £32 . if you apply by post It will take around 5 to 6 working days , alternatively you can apply by person whch is faster service.
With regard to extention of your visa, I would suggest that you can apply in december including your baby, it is very much possible to get baby passport soon. I am sure you are aware of you need to maintain sufficiant funds for you, and dependents for last 3 months before you apply.
if you apply visa seperately for your baby, you need pump in extra £395 for visa fee.

Hope this clears.
hsmphsmp wrote:Hi gpr.sap@gmail.com

I too expecting a child soon. I beleive from your comments I can see you are an Indian. Can you please let me know what are the things we need to do to get passport from indian embassy in london? Should I have to first register for birth with embassy and then apply for passport? or it is just one step process to get passport? How long it takes to get passport.
I am expecting a child by september and by december my visa expires. It may be tight for me to get passport and then apply for visa?

I am aware that a child born in UK do not need visa until the child leaves Uk and enters again. Can I apply for me and my wife alone while extending in december, then take time to get passport for the kid and then apply?

All the best with your application

Thanks

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:07 pm

gpr.sap@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by gpr.sap@gmail.com » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks for prompt reply, So I need to submit both Dependent ( Child ) passport , and Main Applicant ( Parent passport) along with application form, is my understanding is correct.?
my worry is, if I submit my passport it will hang up min 6weeks, i may require to travel to other countries during that time
gpr.sap@gmail.com wrote:
aspirant09 wrote:

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:07 pm

You can apply in person and get the visa on the same day but the fee is too much £595

Since you have the same scenario as me please list the whole application pack that you have compiled, so that we can share our ideas...

I have a new born baby, registered at indian embassy now, applying for passport soon. once he has the passport I'll apply for his dependent visa on my tier1 visa. I will also apply for my partner to be depedent on me, my partner is currently on WP in UK

Please share the list of docs, format of cover letter etc etc

good luck
Last edited by tapindersingh on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:08 pm

I will apply in person as I cannot wait for the decision (which takes months)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:57 pm

You do not need to send your (main applicant's passport). UKBA already has all your details.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

gpr.sap@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by gpr.sap@gmail.com » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:08 am

I spoke to immigration dept, they said parent passport is mandatory. so we need to send application form along with baby and my passport. I aksed him other question since you have all my details can i send photocopy of passport , he replied back no we will not accpet photocopies.

These rules are crazy, i do not understand logic behind it. I am planning to take appointment by person. I am trying to reach them on given number, it is always busy orwaiting time is too long. Is there any way to get appopintment.?
The another question i have is, do i need to take my baby to Immigration office, or my presence is enough.?
{
push_hsmp wrote:You do not need to send your (main applicant's passport). UKBA already has all your details.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:27 am

You do not have to take the baby with you. Take the birth certificate and all necessary documents.

Please share the format of cover letter, list of documents and all other details to help me and others

much thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:40 pm

gpr.sap@gmail.com wrote:I spoke to immigration dept, they said parent passport is mandatory. so we need to send application form along with baby and my passport. I aksed him other question since you have all my details can i send photocopy of passport , he replied back no we will not accpet photocopies.

These rules are crazy, i do not understand logic behind it. I am planning to take appointment by person. I am trying to reach them on given number, it is always busy orwaiting time is too long. Is there any way to get appopintment.?
The another question i have is, do i need to take my baby to Immigration office, or my presence is enough.?
{
push_hsmp wrote:You do not need to send your (main applicant's passport). UKBA already has all your details.
Not sure who did you speak with but the PBS dependant guidelines clearly do not stipulate such a requirement.Just imagine, if you were in UK as main applicant and your child was born in another country, could you then have sent your passport to that country's UK high commission/VFS with your dependant's application?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:10 am

I agree with push_hsmp, you do not need your passport along your baby's application

gpr.sap@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by gpr.sap@gmail.com » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:11 pm

I spoke to UKBA enquiry office, they cleary said you need to submit your passport along with child applicaiton form (i do not understand why they need main applicant passport). Hence, am finally choose to go by person by taking an appointment.
tapindersingh wrote:I agree with push_hsmp, you do not need your passport along your baby's application

marrik

Post by marrik » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:17 pm

hi all,
Is it mandatory to have all the dependants with you during time of extension when you are appearing in person? Reason being, I will be extending my visa along with my wife and our 1 month old baby and am not sure if we can bring baby there and wait for a long time.

Kindly share your experiences for an in person application.

Thanks in advance

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:55 pm

hi, i dont think u need all ur dependents but i think u should ask and confirm from the UK BA.I can understand its difficult with a baby to travel and wait for long.

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 am

well, I've just called PEO Croydon and been told that there are no available appointments for doing the application in person and that one is advised to apply by post. These people don't seem to understand that being without your passport for 6 weeks is completely impractical in the modern era!

Can anyone else confirm this? Is it no longer possible to submit a dependent application in person?

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:38 am

well, I've just called PEO Croydon and been told that there are no available appointments for doing the application in person and that one is advised to apply by post. These people don't seem to understand that being without your passport for 6 weeks is completely impractical in the modern era!

Can anyone else confirm this? Is it no longer possible to submit a dependent application in person?

Alifsd
Newly Registered

Post by Alifsd » Sun May 03, 2009 9:02 pm

My child was born in Uk, I would like to apply for dependent visa for child under tier 1 general category. Pls anyone guide me,which form and documents required for visa.wether I need to send my bank statement also.

amargaddam
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa for new born baby in UK

Post by amargaddam » Wed May 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me what all documents required to get Tier1 dependent Visa for new born baby in UK?

Does it take 6-8 weeks to get baby's visa as well?

Cheers,
Amar

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:20 pm

hi,
i think you can apply the Child's visa as a dependent. You need to fill the "dependents" form and write "NOT APPLICABLE" on questions which are not applicable for a new born ( like visa under which dependent made entry clearance to the UK).
the other documents required would be same as a dependent application like mainataince funds etc.

mrzeal
Newly Registered

for folks applying for kid...

Post by mrzeal » Mon May 11, 2009 10:09 am

All,
just happen to bump into this thread and thought I would share the info relevant to folks applying for their UK born kids. (ignore if original question already answered)

Note: this experience was roughly an year old; but thought this would help clarify some basic doubts about how/where/when/why questions for kids visa.

I am on hsmp; wife hsmp dependant; My kid was born in london and obtained Indian passport in london; kid travelled to India on Indian PP along with my wife; applied for visa in India; wife carried all docs to vfs center and they only checked wife's PP for confirmation and returned it; only kid's PP sent along with other docs in courier. As mentioned by others, kid is not needed to be present at vfs center;

kid's hsmp dependant visa issued and PP and docs couriered back as normal.

Side note: if the Indian immigration officer asks why there is no visa; explain that the kid was born in UK and the PP was obtained in UK and the visa (for going back to UK) will be applied in India; since the officers are busy they will just ask the routine questions, we just need to answer the obvious to help officer understand the situation